Help - No engine power.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
del
Airman First Class

Help - No engine power.

Post by del »

I'm using FSX SE and cannot get the engine to provide power without the oil pressure going very high. Aircraft won't go any faster than about 11 knots. What am I doing wrong please? Iv'e got Auto-Mixture disabled.
Del

del
Airman First Class

Re: Help - No engine power.

Post by del »

I've noticed that in the maintenance hanger the report states various problems with some gauges. I can't work out how to correct these?

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Oil pressure will come down as the engine warms from a cold start.

Also make sure you're moving the prop RPM control to high RPM. On a cold start it will default to low RPM.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Have you got the Blue prop lever pushed fully in?

Cheers chris

del
Airman First Class

Post by del »

Thanks for the suggestion. Should the Fuel Flow gauge register - even with the aux fuel pump on it doesn't?
Del

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

del wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. Should the Fuel Flow gauge register - even with the aux fuel pump on it doesn't?
Del
Hi Del,

I want to clarify a couple of things first - you said you had some gauges showing as faulty, so did you click the "Used" button in the shift-3 window to give you a used aircraft? It just gives us a better picture of the state of your aircraft and what things you might be running into. :) Also, to fix gauges that have issues, you enter the maintenance hangar, then click the gauge icon that's right over the windshield of the Bonanza in the background. That will open the interface where you can left click on faulty items to fix them, similar to the other maintenance screens.

As for fuel flow, the the gauge will only register fuel flow with the throttle open - but again, you want to be sure you don't have a faulty fuel flow gauge on top of things which could make your learning process a bit trickier. :mrgreen:

del
Airman First Class

Post by del »

Thanks for the suggestions. I've made sure that the blue knob is fully home. I've also gone into Shift 3 and clicked on Used. In the maintenance hanger I can see which gauges have faults but left clicking on each one doesn't make any difference.
Del.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Del,

Open your CONTROL-3 panel and hit the RESET button. Then check your maintenance hangar and click INSPECT. If everything isn't fixed, let us know.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

del
Airman First Class

Post by del »

Thanks. I hit Reset and then back into the Maintenance Hanger. No joy though. 8 gauges are on red and I can't reset them.
Del

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Del,

Are you using a default FSX aircraft for your default flight? If you save a complex aircraft such as the Bonanza within the default flight instead, this can often cause problems.

Thanks,
Nick

del
Airman First Class

Post by del »

Thanks Nick. I'm using an Avro Anson (not yours) as the default Aircraft. I've set the default C172 as my default A/C then restarted FSX and changed to the Bonanza but still the same problem.
Del
Last edited by del on 15 Sep 2018, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

That's a possible culprit. I'd highly recommend resetting your default flight to what came with FSX. Changing the default flight can change the state of many aircraft and systems. This is an old problem in FSX/P3D that has a long history.

(Edited, never mind. I see you amended your post and tried the above. Nick should sort you out.)
Last edited by CodyValkyrie on 15 Sep 2018, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

del wrote:Thanks Nick. I'm using an Avro Anson (not yours) as the default Aircraft. I've set the default C172 as my default A/C then restarted FSX and changed to the Bonanza but still the same problem.
Del
Okay, thanks Del.

Please could you try a repair of the SimConnect client which is installed with FSX-SE.

To do this, please locate and run the following file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK\SimConnect.msi"

The path to the file is rather long, but if you can try this it may repair a corrupted SimConnect installation.

If this doesn't work, please can you let us know if any other add-on software is loading when FSX-SE loads?

Cheers,
Nick

del
Airman First Class

Post by del »

Thanks Nick, I did as you suggested but it hasn't made any difference. I've got some Orbx scenery (England, Scotland,etc) and the RXP GTN 750 running. Other than that it's pretty bog standard.
Del

del
Airman First Class

Post by del »

Would an uninstall followed by a re-install be worth the effort - or is that just a last resort?
Del

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”