Patchs and Updates To The C182 For P3d v4.2

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
williammccracken
Airman

Re: Patchs and Updates To The C182 For P3d v4.2

Post by williammccracken »

Nick,

I do have a USB headset. I'll have to figure out how to by pass the speakers. I'll get back to you on this.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bill,

I think it should just be a case of plugging the headset in, and then in the Windows Sound options, making it the default playback device. A bit more info on this can be found here: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-cha ... dio-device.

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

It was as easy as you said. But the sound is still there through the headset. I now understand why you were hearing what appeared to be static on your end. Through the headset it does sound like static. But through the speakers it sounds more like the rhythm of an oil rig. The rhythm of the static is still the same.

I guess that rules out the sound blaster. Yes?

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for checking Bill.

Yes, that does seem to rule out the Soundblaster card doesn't it.

One thing I don't think we've talked about is anti-virus software. Please can you just confirm if you have any AV software running during the installation process which may have had an effect on files being written. There just has to be something specific to your system which is causing this effect. :?

Cheers,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

Malware Bytes and Windows Defender. That brings me to another thought. What if I uninstalled and reinstalled. But to make sure that all components of the C182 have been removed. Can you suggest what steps I should take to make sure we've removed everything associated with the current install. Turned off the above antivirus.

Murphy is surely afoot on my system. :)

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bill,

At the stage, I don't think it can do any harm at all to try a complete clean reinstall with your AV software disabled.
  1. Uninstall in the usual way from the Window Settings → "Apps & Features" window.
  2. Check for and manually delete the directory "C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A" if it still exists.
  3. Also please delete the directory "C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\A2A". This folder stores the aircraft's persistent state, but we may as well go for a totally clean reinstall.
  4. Then please launch P3D to confirm the C182 is successfully uninstalled and restart your system.
  5. Finally, if you're happy to, disable your AV software (especially Malware bytes) and then reinstall with the new installer.
Good luck! :)

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

I'm sorry to say that after all of that. The sound is still there. I don't know what else to do.

I don't know what could be so unique about my system to cause this problem. I'm not a tinker.

Should I try another A2A products. To see if it's unique to the C182. We could work together on the price if that's possible.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

williammccracken wrote:Nick,

I'm sorry to say that after all of that. The sound is still there. I don't know what else to do.

I don't know what could be so unique about my system to cause this problem. I'm not a tinker.

Should I try another A2A products. To see if it's unique to the C182. We could work together on the price if that's possible.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken
Hi Bill,

The Accu-sim products use the same underlying engine, so I'm almost certain that you would just run into the same sound problem. Are there any apps/programs running that have icons in the "notification area" by the clock? Check through what's there and see if there are any related to sound, such as a Soundblaster-specific app or something Dell/XPS-related. If so, they might be doing some "post processing" to any audio being output by your PC, and this could potentially cause issues with some software. Even if you do have such software running, it shouldn't have any effect on your USB headset - but it's still possible that something is processing all system audio, not just that coming from your Soundblaster card. If you do find such software running, try closing it or disabling any settings within it.

For example, I have a Soundblaster Z (a later model than yours) and have this software running that has many different sound settings:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Bill,

Thanks for trying the reinstall anyway.

That's a good suggestion by molleh by the way. I certainly agree that the issue is likely to affect other Accu-Sim add-ons as they all use the same custom dynamic sound engine.

Cheers,
Nick

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I would take a good look at the audio drivers both for the motherboard audio, if there is any, as well as the Sound Blaster card. I would also check into other audio controls that can get tacked on to a system such as the ones that come with the NVidia driver packs, Realtek, etc. These things have given me grief in the past and I have had to play around with drivers to correct strange audio behaviors that would crop up under certain circumstances.

Perhaps an update of drivers to begin with?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

williammccracken
Airman

Nick and Others,

First just to be clear. I was not trying to get something for nothing. When I suggested another A2A aircraft.

If you look back on this post. I think I did check all the audio drivers.

I have had the C182 installed in FSX and P3d version 3. With no problems. Today I installed the C182 using the new installer into FSX. The sound is NOT in the FSX install. I have the A2A Yellow Cub installed in FSX with no sound problems.

The reason I was asking about another A2A aircraft was again if you look back to the beginning of this posted. I originally used the wrong P3D installer. I did go through the uninstall reinstall steps to remove what was installed using the wrong installer. In the beginning I still had P3D version 3 installed. I have since removed it early in the process of this post. So I don't know if having the P3d version 3 installed at the same time had caused a problem or not.

I know there are differences between FSX and P3d but the hardware is still the same. I mention all of this because that was why I thought another A2A aircraft that had not been installed on my system might shed some light on the source of the problem.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I'm suggesting to look beyond the drivers for the Sound Blaster. There are sometimes on board sound drivers as well as mixer software that can cause conflicts.

If you have an Nvidia card, they throw in HD audio drivers, and those do cause problems with hanging and static sounds on my setup. I have to do a custom install and ensure that the HD audio drivers are not installed.

According to Dell this machine has: Realtek 888 HDA 7.1 channel, Sound Blaster X-Fi

There are likely Realtek drivers as well as SB drivers to be concerned with and your own dxdiag file confirms that you have Realtek audio hardware. The drivers for those on your dxdiag are dated from 2008, so there's a good chance they are out of date as I see newer versions are available. (6.0.1.7908)

Hard to say it it applies to your unit, but likely to be the case.

williammccracken
Airman

Oracle427,

My problem is I don't know how to go about looking further into the drivers you are talking about. When I looked for updated Sound Blaster drivers I noticed the 2008 ones. But when I searched for newer drivers. I was told I have the latest ones. You seem to know where the latest drivers are for my system. I would appreciate it if you would send the links to get them.

Thank You all for your help.

Bill McCracken

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I don't because I don't have enough details about your system. I'm taking a guess based on various Google searches. I have a Realtek audio chipset on my mainboard (custom build) and it caused all sorts of trouble for me until I landed on the correct drivers.

The Dell site is probably a good place to start and for that you will need the Asset Tag on your machine. The 730X apparently has many versions as is common with Dell.

williammccracken
Airman

I am downloading and installing the latest Realtek HD drivers. I'll let you know the results.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”