A2A Development Update 4/8/18

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
caleb1
Senior Airman

Re: A2A Development Update 4/8/18

Post by caleb1 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
okansacli wrote:Hello

Are there any updates on the progress for an new AccuFeel (air land and see) for P3Dv4 ?

Regards from Istanbul

Okan Sacli
No news just yet other than we still want to push it out.

thanks,
Lewis
Ok thanks for informing us.
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi fellow Bo \0/'s

just patiently keeping occupied and informed while Bo flows through Beta phase. Would love to see the Manual.

OK, so the link below refers to A B36-TC, not B35 V tail, but I think this video's like a book you really cannot put down. I suggest you forgive the super expert if he reminds you of your school-days metalwork or woodwork teacher. (Let your conditioned panic and red-mist waft out the window and out yer mind)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QhhlmcVS1U

Hope you enjoy and impressed by this as I am,

Rod
EGBB

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

rod321 wrote:Hi fellow Bo \0/'s

just patiently keeping occupied and informed while Bo flows through Beta phase. Would love to see the Manual.

OK, so the link below refers to A B36-TC, not B35 V tail, but I think this video's like a book you really cannot put down. I suggest you forgive the super expert if he reminds you of your school-days metalwork or woodwork teacher. (Let your conditioned panic and red-mist waft out the window and out yer mind)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QhhlmcVS1U

Hope you enjoy and impressed by this as I am,

Rod
EGBB
Thanks for posting the video. Very interesting. Never mind about the school days comment; that's the guy I would want to maintain my plane. It's a pity that there aren't more car mechanics like him too :(

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

rdvandenberg
Airman

Post by rdvandenberg »

Like most of you I am anxious for the new bonanza to be released. In the meantime I thought I might offer a suggestion for some Fun flying time. There is a wonderful organization called Mid Atlantic air Museum(MAAM) which can be located on the web. They have a ton of interesting stuff to read but most importantly they have flight simulation airplanes. They have a B 25 and also a DC-3/C-47. Both of these have been upgraded for use in FSX. They are relatively inexpensive to purchase and most importantly all of the funds are donated to the museum. I thought the investment was a great idea to help the museum and the twin engine aircraft was a great addition to my hanger. There are some bugs that need to be worked out but even myself with little or no computer knowledge found workarounds to minor problems. Both aircraft fly extremely well and come with a huge number of repaints. So if you are interested in old warbirds and fun flying aircraft this may be a source of entertainment until the Bonanza release. In addition it's a great cause to support. I flew the FSX air trike from Bremerton national Airport in Washington to one of the carriers based at the Naval base and landed on the deck and then swapped it out for the B-25. It's a real challenge to take off from the carrier deck in aB-25 simulating Doolittle's raid. The DC-3 has a virtual cockpit that allows you to walk back into the passenger cabin where you can serve the passengers coffee and tea using the "eyepoint" settings. So for those of you who are needing a new aircraft to fly this may give you a little something to do during those anxious hours. Have fun with both of these

ThreeGreenGaming
Airman

Post by ThreeGreenGaming »

Scott,

Fantastic video with the progress thus far on the bonanza! Looks like you guys have made great progress thus far! Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

J.T.
RW CFI/CFII
Founder - Three Green Gaming
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/threegreengaming
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjGbX ... AdprNNwqXQ

Founder - The Flightsim Community Podcast : http://flightsimcommunitypodcast.com/

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

pilot37 wrote:
Styggron wrote:Whatever the bonanza has install for us I hope there are NEW innovation in there.

By that I don't mean
1. Expanded walk around
2. Expanded improved checklist
3. Expanded hangar options
4. improved sounds

These build upon existing innovations. Now don't get me wrong, these are VITAL as well.
Yes of course the plane is NEW so controls etc

When I mean new innovation, I mean something NOT seen before and again I don't mean "all under the hood" where it is not immediately obvious. (This is still important of course because it builds on absolujte realism A2A give you with accu-sim) I mean things I can SEE that are absolutely NEW.

What should they be ? That is up to A2A. I am sure they always strive for innovation which makes them the best.
Much higher wear rate options for those of us who rarely fly more than 20 hours in an aircraft before dying of boredom. (For non A2A make that 3 hours).

My span of attention is dropping with flight sims particularly after the immersion of racing sims with VR and force feedback, P3D is a bit flat. All the newer stuff coming to P3D has me spending more time performance tweaking than flying, and I have a pretty fast i7/1080 rig. A2A is the only stuff now that keeps me coming back and there is not much of it. Anybody seen the Dead Stick ads?

I had more fun trying to return my spluttering, shot up with bullet holes through the gauges, Sopwith Camel to base in Knights of the Sky and that was on the Amiga 100 so I lasted this long with flight sims ;-) In fact my first sim was a wire frame one on a Dragon computer. I do hope A2A can see beyond the current range flight sims.
I feel your pain.

May I suggest a hardcore sim with FS2Crew, for a change.

I find after a few hours with one of those, a nice A2A GA is a relief !
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Old Airman
Airman

Post by Old Airman »

Well Nuts! Just when I decided I had enough aircraft you work up the Bonanza! I had to get out my copy of Brett Henderson's freeware P-35 and try it again. I had put it out to pasture because I could not fly it very well and even though it's well done it's also pretty simple compared to A2A products.

Now I'm looking forward to the release of your Bonanza and another plane that will try my skills and cause me more gray hair!

Old Airman

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

Any news about the beta testing?

Pbob1000
Airman

Post by Pbob1000 »

I've been waiting on baited breath!! (I think I need a tic tac). How are things coming on the Bonanza????? Is there a release date yet??? Can't wait!!!

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Either they are having troubles getting it right or they are being waylaid with commercial work as Lewis mentioned because it has been in beta longer than usual. No news yet, it will be here when it gets here as they say. :)
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”