How to update your Accu-Sim products

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

How to update your Accu-Sim products

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello everyone,

With the launch of A2A's new web store, we're beginning the process of bringing our customers a better way to install and update their purchases. During the next few weeks, we'll be going through a transition process as new installers are rolled out. The info below should help clarify how to update your existing or newly-purchased A2A products during this process.

Prepar3D v4 Products
The release of the new installer and updater system starts with products for the 64-bit Prepar3D v4. If you originally purchased from A2A's web store, please follow the advice here to register for the new store, where you'll be able to download brand new installers including the latest product updates. If you purchased from a third party retailer, the new installers should be available after a few days.
  1. Before running the new installers, we strongly recommend that you uninstall all your existing A2A products for Prepar3D v4. After uninstalling, please remove the following 'A2A' folder (assuming a default installation):

Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\

We appreciate that a complete reinstallation of your A2A products may be a bit unwelcome, particularly if you've installed lots of add-on paint schemes. However, it's important that you take this step to benefit from future Accu-Sim updates. The good news is that there's no need to touch any of the files in "Documents\A2A". This means you won't lose the accumulated engine/airframe hours and 'state' of your existing Accu-Sim fleet.
  2. To enable P3D to rebuild its "add-on.cfg" files, please run and exit P3D once before you install your products with the new installers. There's no need to restart your machine or run P3D between new installations.
  3. Provided your flight sim PC has an active internet connection, the new installers will check for updates immediately after installation. If one is available, you'll get the option to download and install it. The new installers use a date based versioning system so that you can easily see from the "Add/Remove Apps" window which version is installed.
  4. To check for updates after installation, new icons are available from the Windows Start Menu → "A2A Simulations" group. We'll also continue to notify our customers via forum announcements whenever new updates are released.
The current change log for the new Prepar3D v4 installers is as follows:

Cessna 172 (v18.4.22.0)
- Support for Flight1 GNS 430/530 added.
- Support for RealityXP GNS 430/530 added.
- Transponder VFR frequency and COMM radio channel saving fixed.
- Increased max vertical speed in KAP 140 APP mode.
- Window misting restored.
- New icons for aircraft and input configurators.
- New "check for updates" facility.

Cessna 182 (v18.4.22.0)
- External navigation lights and beacon fixed.
- Transponder VFR frequency and COMM radio channel saving fixed.
- DME ident audio panel switch fixed.
- Turn coordinator wired to main bus instead of avionics bus.
- Increased max vertical speed in KAP 140 APP mode.

Cherokee 180 (v18.4.22.0)
- Strobe light logic fixed.
- UV mapping on wings and fuselage fixed.

Comanche 250 (v18.4.22.0)
- Colour of firewall behind pedals fixed.
- Range of dynamic lamp on ceiling extended to reach floor.

T-6 Texan (v18.4.22.0)
- Support for Flight1 GNS 430 added.
- Support for RealityXP GNS 430 added.
- Cockpit marker beacon lamp fixed.
- VC spotlight updated.

L-049 Constellation (v18.3.30.0)
- Support for Flight1 GNS 430 added.
- Support for RealityXP GNS 430 added.

Prepar3D v3, v2 and v1 Products
For now, newly installed Accu-Sim products for 32-bit version of Prepar3D (P3D versions 1-3) can be updated using the existing Accu-Sim updater available here. However, we'll make the new installer and updater system available for users of these versions as soon as we can.

Flight Simulator X Products
Newly installed Accu-Sim products for the disk and Steam editions of Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) can also currently be updated using the Accu-Sim updater available here. Again, the new installer and updater system will be made available for users of FSX as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Re: How to update your Accu-Sim products

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

This is all wonderful news. The updated store looks fantastic, and obviously MUCH more user friendly, as far as I can tell.

Question about orders places with 3rd party retailers, such as FSPilotShop....

At any point in the future, will we be able to supply A2A with the serial numbers from those purchases, so that we can "migrate" all of our A2A purchases to a single account at the new A2A store? Orbx did this a couple years ago and it vastly improved my sim organization, updates and install experience.

If not, why? And may I suggest that you reconsider, pretty please with sugar on top?

Thanks!

Aaron
10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

BrettT
Staff Sergeant

Post by BrettT »

Thanks Nick,

I registered for the new store and filled out the form linking to my old store account. Just looking to rough idea on when I could expect my previous purchases and downloads to show up in the new store/profile. I have purchased all of my A2A products from your store.

Kind Regards,

Brett

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

BladderBoy wrote:At any point in the future, will we be able to supply A2A with the serial numbers from those purchases, so that we can "migrate" all of our A2A purchases to a single account at the new A2A store? Orbx did this a couple years ago and it vastly improved my sim organization, updates and install experience.

If not, why? And may I suggest that you reconsider, pretty please with sugar on top?
Hi Aaron,

I'm not too heavily involved in the e-commerce side of things (this is mainly Lewis's side of things) but what you're requesting isn't really possible. For one thing, the A2A Flying Hours are a form of loyalty point for users of A2A's own web store.

Also, unlike Orbx, A2A have distributed to many different online retailers (around 8 I believe) so migrating all these orders from different retailers with their own different loyalty programs, DRM systems and so on would be a logistical nightmare. As it is, manually transferring everyone's orders to the new system and individually awarding customers their Flying Hours is a big task and will keep Lewis busy for quite a while! :)

Thanks,
Nick

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

BrettT wrote:I registered for the new store and filled out the form linking to my old store account. Just looking to rough idea on when I could expect my previous purchases and downloads to show up in the new store/profile. I have purchased all of my A2A products from your store.
Hi Brett,

As mentioned above, transferring the orders to the new system is a manual process, but I know Lewis is working through requests as fast as he can!

Thanks for your patience,
Nick

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

How do we go about getting the new installers for P3D V4? I could not find the link!

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :?:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Cliff,

The new installers are available from A2A's new store. Please have a look at the pinned announcement here for more information on how to get your previous orders transferred onto the new store.

Thanks,
Nick

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Ok, so I have a brand new PC.

I registered yesterday I think.

I have the 182, Comanche, Cherokee, Connie, and T-6.

When I go to the new store screen and click on existing customers click here it brings me to the forum screen where he tells how to register.

Nowhere do I see how I can download my planes. And I wanted to do this tomorrow.

Good thing I read all this because I was going to install the saved A2A installers and that looks like it wouldn't be wise.

So, how do I get my planes to install?

Thanks, and anxious.....

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Paul - I see you've read my response here; it shouldn't be too long before you can get your hands on the new installers for your new PC. :)

Best regards,
Nick

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Nick - A2A wrote:Thanks Paul - I see you've read my response here; it shouldn't be too long before you can get your hands on the new installers for your new PC. :)

Best regards,
Nick
Thank you Nick, much appreciated.

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

I noticed that my purchases have been moved to the new store but the texan is missing. here's the order number 109353 from the old store.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Mike, I think one of the reasons that might happen is if you had a different email when you ordered the aircraft that did not migrate over. There is a space on the form to put other emails that might be associared with your account.
I've got a few that did not migrate, as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Yes Jacques is correct. If you are still missing downloads please fill in the form with the relevant information so we can help you. Many users seem to have spread there purchases over multiple email addresses and or accounts.

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

I only have one account

oscardelta59
Airman

Post by oscardelta59 »

Hi,

How to download the latest version if my C182 for P3d was not bought here (yep, big mistake !)

- The original was bought at FsPilot shop (Order #759535).
Then i had the P3dv4 academic, but i can't find the order and I don't remember if i paid for it (and where i've bought it) or if it was a free upgrade ...

What can i do ?

kind regards,
oliver.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”