Scott, Exhaust Effects Question?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Scott, Exhaust Effects Question?

Post by cflord »

Scott,

Has anyone thought about exhaust effects for the WoP Fighters and Bombers? I once had a Reno Air Racers P-51 in FS2002. Someone had made an exhaust effects file that had blue flames coming from the exhaust pipes of the engine. This was an absolutely outstanding effect and really brought the plane to life visually. With all the detail and realism already in the WoP airplanes, I think exhaust effects would be the icing on the cake!

Keep the shinny side up and the dirty side down!

Cliff
Ret SMSgt C-130 Flight Engineer :?:

IncendiaryLemon
Technical Sergeant

Post by IncendiaryLemon »

The startup sequence in Combat Flight Simulator 3 was beautifully animated. The prop rotating slowly and the engines giving a real kick of exhaust before settling. You also got the flame effect.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Do those exhaust effects track stay glued to the exhaust stacks when in flight?
A2A Simulations Inc.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Gnoopy's P-47 has these effects and they stay with the exhaust ports when in flight.
Snuffy

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

Krazy at SOH made exhaust effects for the WoP P-51D, but I lost the file and link eons ago.

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Exhaust Flames

Post by cflord »

Scott,

Yes the flames would remain with the exhaust stacks in flight. I do believe the file I used was found on FlightSim.com and was described as follows:

Name: rdp51_fx.zip Size: 82,552 Date: 03-05-2004 Downloads: 1621
FS2004 Special Effects For Gmax P-51D "Reno" Mustang (original design by Roger L. Dial; flight dynamics by Steve Small FSD; sounds by Mike Hambly). Effects include airshow style colored smoke, new start-up smoke, individual exhaust stack flames in four phases: orange start-up, soft blue at idle, more flame at cruise, even more at max power. Flame size and brightness controlled by XML gauge using throttle position. Also wingtip vortex controlled by XML gauge using "G" force. Runway tire marks with optional "chirp" sound. Installation is manual but easy. By Jan Rosenberg.

I hope this information helps!

Keep the shinny side up and the dirty side down!

Cliff
Ret SMSgt C-130 Flight Engineer :o

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”