Unable to track GPS signal

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Unable to track GPS signal

Post by Ifikratis »

Hi all,

I am facing an annoying problem with my A2A airplanes. This is not related to the Piper Cherokee only, but also the Piper Comanche. I haven't tried the Cessnas yet.

I use the Flight1 GTN 750.

So, what happening is that I get the INOP/NAV switch and having selected the 'GPS' option in the GTN CDI option, I still can't get the autopilot to track the GPS.

To better demonstrate it I attach three pictures, where I select a DCT with a small offset from my course.Before this problem appeared (I don't recall when started) it would normally turn and track the GPS.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall both A2A and GTN, but the problem persists. Do I do something wrong?

Looking forward for your reply! :)
| C172 Trainer | C182 Skylane | J3 Cub | L049 Constellation | PA24 Commanche | PA28 Cherokee | P-40 Warhawk | P-51D Military | P-51D Civilian | Spitfire MkI-II | T-6 Texan | V35B Bonanza | B-17 Flying Fortress |

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Re: Unable to track GPS signal

Post by Ifikratis »

How can I get support over this? any ideas? :/
| C172 Trainer | C182 Skylane | J3 Cub | L049 Constellation | PA24 Commanche | PA28 Cherokee | P-40 Warhawk | P-51D Military | P-51D Civilian | Spitfire MkI-II | T-6 Texan | V35B Bonanza | B-17 Flying Fortress |

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Do you have the GPS/Nav switch also "inop" with the standard GNS 400? Have you tried to run the Aircraft configuration tool as a system administrator?

Happy holidays,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Post by Ifikratis »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi,

Do you have the GPS/Nav switch also "inop" with the standard GNS 400? Have you tried to run the Aircraft configuration tool as a system administrator?

Happy holidays,
Will
Hi, thanks for the reply!

Yes, I have tried also to set the switch to "Inop". The result is the same. Also, I always start the aicraft configuration tool as administrator.. :/

Happy holidays,
Ifikratis

Bbeach80
Airman Basic

Post by Bbeach80 »

Had the same issue , cherokee will not track the GTN750 but will track GTN 650 with no issue!

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Post by Ifikratis »

Bbeach80 wrote:Had the same issue , cherokee will not track the GTN750 but will track GTN 650 with no issue!
Then could it be a problem with Flight1? I have the same issue with the Comanche..I run the latest update from Flight1.

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Post by Ifikratis »

Ok, I believe I fixed it. After reading on Flight1 forums, I saw that people had the same problem and some suggested to re-download and install the latest version. Could be some bug on the initial F1 installer I guess.. Now it follows the GPS track. The roll rate is very small though, so the plane does not follow the magenta line precicly in turns, but it gets there after some left and right banks. I suppose that's the normal function of this autopilot?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes that sounds about right, remember to use the relevant AP mode for your GPS course, but for sure its not a fly by wire and forget airliner, theres a yoke in front of you, you will want to use it.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Post by Ifikratis »

Yes of course..thanks for the confirmation Lewis. I really enjoy hand flying my A2A fleet. :)

Wishes for a happy and creative new year : )

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”