Chances of Release Before Christmas?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Chances of Release Before Christmas?

Post by Skycat »

Cessna781 wrote:I think the major difference between how much we enjoy GA compared to other aircraft comes down to what we use the simulator for.
Agreed, and I didn't mean to stir a hornet's nest or cast any dispersion on A2A products. I've actually considered some of the GAs for the features exclusive to them I wish were part of the Warbird packages.

I prefer the Warbirds because they are loud and fast. Also, I like military history and I enjoy reading vintage training manuals and operating notes for these aircraft. The A2A aircraft let me practice--or at least digest--the actual procedures for these aircraft. Some people need to fly them in combat to enjoy them; I just imagine I am ferrying aircraft from factories to operating bases during World War, or I'm a modern-day billionaire with a stable of exotic antique aircraft.

Personally, I wish A2A offered more USAAF pursuit fighters. Yeah, that's very specific and selfish but it's what keeps me coming back to the sim. I dream of a decent P-39 Airacobra or P-63 Kingcobra and I'd settle for a best-guess approximation on flight models and engine behavior. Accusim features like walk-around inspection, towing, tie-down, etc., would be incredible too.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Skycat wrote:
Cessna781 wrote:I think the major difference between how much we enjoy GA compared to other aircraft comes down to what we use the simulator for.
Agreed, and I didn't mean to stir a hornet's nest or cast any dispersion on A2A products. I've actually considered some of the GAs for the features exclusive to them I wish were part of the Warbird packages.

I prefer the Warbirds because they are loud and fast. Also, I like military history and I enjoy reading vintage training manuals and operating notes for these aircraft. The A2A aircraft let me practice--or at least digest--the actual procedures for these aircraft. Some people need to fly them in combat to enjoy them; I just imagine I am ferrying aircraft from factories to operating bases during World War, or I'm a modern-day billionaire with a stable of exotic antique aircraft.

Personally, I wish A2A offered more USAAF pursuit fighters. Yeah, that's very specific and selfish but it's what keeps me coming back to the sim. I dream of a decent P-39 Airacobra or P-63 Kingcobra and I'd settle for a best-guess approximation on flight models and engine behavior. Accusim features like walk-around inspection, towing, tie-down, etc., would be incredible too.
Those are good points. If you have a garden shed or tool shed or whatever, you see a row of different types of tools. Each type of tool is best suited for a particular set of tasks. Airplanes are the same way. The Cherokee might be like a trowel, while the Mustang is like a shovel. If you try to use the trowel on a job meant to be used by a shovel or vice versa, you might not get as much out of that particular tool that you seek. THen again, you might also appreciate the extra challenge of making do with what you got in abnormal situations.

The point is, there are many different things to do with airplanes, even in the civilian FS world. The warbirds are excellent for Day VFR cross country IFR(I Follow Roads) flying, aerobatics, and the sheer fun of mastering high powered taildraggers. The GA fleet is excellent for training purposes, for simulating aircraft owner/operator. The T-6 and Civil Mustang give you a bit of both. The airliners/B-17 are perfect for large aircraft management fun. The Cub is great for going to the absolute bare essentials of flight.

Any airplane can be exciting or boring depending on the situations you put them in relative to whatever floats your boat. The J-3 can be quite exciting when you are following a river in the backcountry in MVFR conditions, looking for some postage stamp airstrip. Likewise flying the Cherokee oldschool IFR on the famous Martin State KMTN VOR approach by hand, no GPS, down to MDA is quite exciting too. Of course the Warbirds all bring their sets of challenges. Mixing it up is fun too of course, like dropping a warbird into a bush strip without breaking the prop. :D

For me personally, variety is the most important thing. I would get burned out if I did one type of flying all the time. I welcome anything A2A puts out because it is something new, with a new set of challenges.

Cheers,
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Have you guys seen the latest from the Commander? Here it is: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 23&t=62386.

No chance of a release before Christmas, but great things are in the pipe. Stay tuned, and keep your credit cards ready.

Seeya
ATB

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Yep... not entirely unexpected really. 64b threw a (necessary) spanner in the works. Great thing is that the catalog has reached something of a critical mass where the baying crowd has plenty of 'toys' to fly while others are in the works (even if that does mean having two sims installed). The unexpected opportunity is intriguing. I do hope we see a C-54/DC-4 in due course to complement the Strat & Connie.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Mickel wrote:...The unexpected opportunity is intriguing. ...
Perhaps a merger or commission of some sort with LM? Just wondering. :)

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

That could equally be some sort of tie up with DTG and their FS World sim. After all, A2A do have some connection with it already as Accu-Feel is part of the basic sim. Interestingly, I read elsewhere that DTG are looking next at the flight dynamics of the sim, admitting that they need help in this area because present FD are not up to scratch (rather like the basic FD in FSX).

Perhaps we can now stick a fork in this thread, as it's now obvious that there will not be a release this year.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Dogsbody55 wrote: Perhaps we can now stick a fork in this thread, as it's now obvious that there will not be a release this year.
Unfortunately yes. But it should make for an interesting 2018!

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

I’m thinking that we should see the release of a hint of the new Accusim-plane.
A screenshot or something, like the teasing we had with the Connie.

So don’t give up all hopes yet! ;)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Medtner wrote:I’m thinking that we should see the release of a hint of the new Accusim-plane.
A screenshot or something, like the teasing we had with the Connie.
Yes. Show as a part of the plane to keep the guesswork rolling! :D

-Esa

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

Pilottj put a good point: every horse is good for its own stake. Personally, I enjoy flying GA as much as warbirds and as vintage airliners. What I lack in A2A aircraft is historical navigation systems. I wish A2A modelled LORAN or VAR system for the Connie, not to say about celestial nav. tools... Flying VORs and NDBs in a Connie is kinda an immersion breaker.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”