Chances of Release Before Christmas?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
patful
Master Sergeant

Re: Chances of Release Before Christmas?

Post by patful »

I doubt they would release more than one at a time. A lot of folks won't be willing to buy both, better marketing to spread out the releases.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Well, A2A could release a dozen Warbirds simultaneously and I'd probably buy them all. Yet I still don't own any GAs, the Stratocruiser or the Constellation. Marketing strategy can only take a company so far.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Skycat wrote:Well, A2A could release a dozen Warbirds simultaneously and I'd probably buy them all. Yet I still don't own any GAs, the Stratocruiser or the Constellation. Marketing strategy can only take a company so far.
Agreed. As nice as the GA range is, I find them quite soulless and boring. Each to one's own.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

bladerunner900 wrote:Agreed. As nice as the GA range is, I find them quite soulless and boring. Each to one's own.
Indeed, for me it is exactly the opposite: I've been mostly skipping the warbirds (I fly them enough in DCS over the Normandy!), and COTS as well (for them, I'd need a sim world brought back in time). But every GA is just about day one purchase for me.

-Esa

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

bladerunner900 wrote:
Skycat wrote:Well, A2A could release a dozen Warbirds simultaneously and I'd probably buy them all. Yet I still don't own any GAs, the Stratocruiser or the Constellation. Marketing strategy can only take a company so far.
Agreed. As nice as the GA range is, I find them quite soulless and boring. Each to one's own.
I find everything but the GA aircraft, a good way for me to fall asleep while flying.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

batt
Senior Airman

Post by batt »

bladerunner900 wrote:
I remember when the Comanche first came out, I was at the time touring the Hawaiian Islands in Lieutenant Taylor's P-40. Full of excitement as I was at this latest A2A release, I purchased it at Sim-market, downloaded, installed, spooled up FSX, and loaded it up sitting pretty on the ramp at Kahului. I then made sure the fluids were topped, made a quick check of the pilot's notes for engine priming, fired er on up, got the required clearances, took it around the patch, taxied back to the ramp and then thought "Gee, that's really nice".

Well, I haven't flown the Comanche since then. Problem is when I go into my virtual hangar, it's Allison, Pratt, and Rolls Royce that beckon more than horizontally opposed Lycoming. Sometimes I can't resist that dear little Cub though and the 172 carries a bit of personal nostalgia for my younger real world flying days. The others though I think you're right, ....kinda boring.

I too, will buy every single Accu-sim warbird and COTS that A2A will ever make. Even if it's a Brewster Buffalo or a Douglas B-18 Bolo. But I'll probably get more discerning with the GA's as time goes by. Kind of got all the single engine by four seaters I need right now. Might tend to wait for a sale to buy any more that way.

"Each to one's own" -Fully agree. Gotta respect everyone's desires.
Image Image Image
ImageImage

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

AKar wrote:
bladerunner900 wrote:Agreed. As nice as the GA range is, I find them quite soulless and boring. Each to one's own.
Indeed, for me it is exactly the opposite: I've been mostly skipping the warbirds (I fly them enough in DCS over the Normandy!), and COTS as well (for them, I'd need a sim world brought back in time). But every GA is just about day one purchase for me.

-Esa
I have DCS. But for now, I get my combat flying fix from ROF. :wink:

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

In my case I fly A2A GA airplanes most of the time. I love planning short VFR flights (30 - 45 min.) between ORBX airports (and flying inside ORBX regions), looking for visual checkpoints enroute, following noise abatement procedures, etc. The rest of the time I fly FSLabs A320 and sometimes the Carenado CJ2.

In real life I fly every 2 or 3 months (due to economical reasons) so the rest of the time the closest experience to feel I'm flying is with A2A GA planes. And I think thanks to the sim and A2A it's easier for me to stay current with my PPL.

I'm looking for a A2A twin GA plane because for me there's no real twin options in the market/sim right now, and its a shame.
Last edited by avduarri on 06 Dec 2017, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

A GA twin would definitely be great.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Personally, the GA's hold zero appeal for me. I tried a A2A 172 on a friends rig for about half hour. I didn't get very far at all and saw the same scenery for way too long. Give me something with large radials or V-12's, lot's of cylinders [it matters not the layout], and throw in a lot of switches, levers and gauges and you have something stimulating to fly. Add to this a dynamic flight crew with feed back (B-17), dynamic crew and passengers (COTS), or for the P-40 and P-51 the sheer horse power and speed and how could it get better?

I would love to see an A2A Consolidated PBY-5A accusimed ! :mrgreen: :wink:

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

I fly the warbirds, CotS ships and the GA aircraft about equally depending on my mood. While I usually spend my warbird time flying virtual formation with myself (using a hackneyed setup of FS Recorder in FSX:SE), I find the thing that keeps me going in the GA aircraft is completely removing the GPS and polishing up my IFR and dead reckoning techniques. It's especially challenging if you remove or ignore the autopilot and A2A moving map as well!

With CotS...well, I just let the Nav, Co-Pilot, and Flight Engineer handle everything while I watch a movie or have lunch or something. ;)

I'll be excited for the next release, whatever it may be and whenever it comes out!

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

Pistonpilot wrote:I fly the warbirds, CotS ships and the GA aircraft about equally depending on my mood. While I usually spend my warbird time flying virtual formation with myself (using a hackneyed setup of FS Recorder in FSX:SE), I find the thing that keeps me going in the GA aircraft is completely removing the GPS and polishing up my IFR and dead reckoning techniques. It's especially challenging if you remove or ignore the autopilot and A2A moving map as well!

With CotS...well, I just let the Nav, Co-Pilot, and Flight Engineer handle everything while I watch a movie or have lunch or something. ;)

I'll be excited for the next release, whatever it may be and whenever it comes out!

-Ian C
Yeah, for me dead reckoning is the way to fly VFR. VFR and GPS make no sense. I use the GTN750/650 when I want to practice IFR approaches with the A2A GA.
Thanks to ORBX is possible the dead reckoning.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

As far as the GA compared to the war birds for me it's a no brainer. It's like comparing a Chevy sedan with a 360HP 63 Corvette (which I had the pleasure of driving as a young man). The vet was powerful and unrefined. Definitely got your juices flowing.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

dvm wrote:As far as the GA compared to the war birds for me it's a no brainer. It's like comparing a Chevy sedan with a 360HP 63 Corvette (which I had the pleasure of driving as a young man). The vet was powerful and unrefined. Definitely got your juices flowing.
It is interesting to note how differently we all see our simulators. :) I tried with the A2A Mustang, but I never really had much of excitement out of the warbirds on FSX/P3D. It just feels so out-of-place that I never get any immersion. It is like having a young fine hound wanting to hunt, only to be restricted to a pet in a city apartment on this platform. But when I first nailed that deflection shot with the slow velocity MK 108 on the DCS, smacking that big 30 mm round right on the opponent.. yessss! :mrgreen:

But on the FSX/P3D, give me a simple, common GA model, an imaginary parcel or person to fly, real-life conditions with low clouds and all, and a route like this (just as an example). Pinned on the deck by overcast clouds, knowing that I simply can't safely zoom climb over the steep cliffs...better watch that railroad I follow!

-Esa

Cessna781
Airman

Post by Cessna781 »

I think the major difference between how much we enjoy GA compared to other aircraft comes down to what we use the simulator for. I personally use the simulator as a training device for real world flying. So for me, GA is the only way to go. For others though, I imagine the sim is more so used for entertainment which is why warbirds and airliners are their favourite. Regardless I think we will all enjoy the next release.

Back to the topic - Christmas is growing closer and with the likelihood of a release before Christmas I am hoping for an announcement soon :D

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”