Piper Cub painting I did recently

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Piper Cub painting I did recently

Post by Michal - A2A »

I'm a 3d artist for over a decade now. I've always had some pencils and sketchbooks around, but about a year ago I've started drawing and painting more often, more focused, and I'm at the point when things are starting to work finally. :)

As I'm an aviation nut what else could I paint. ;) I've finished this Piper Cub watercolour painting yesterday and I thought I'll share it with you guys. :)

Here's my Artstation page with higher resolution artwork:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eLeZw

And Instagram account with some random doodles:

https://www.instagram.com/michal.puto/

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Piper Cub painting I did recently

Post by Killratio »

VERY nice Mike!!

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

batt
Senior Airman

Post by batt »

Very Nice, Michal. 8) A friend of mine once told me, "Art is anything that transports you."

Grasping at the air....or reaching for the grass.

On a clear day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxf1IFgPH5s[/youtube]

Hope this bit of background music is okay.
Image Image Image
ImageImage

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Great work! The perspective and feeling of motion looks spot on, IMHO.

Seeya
ATB

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

Nice work! That looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Very dynamic, me likes :)

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

wow thats some talent, i might just have to hire you for something one day! that cub is beautiful...can i have it? lol it IS christmas after all XD you really could make some money on the side selling art like that..i really like the style
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

Thanks guys, you're the best. :)

I'm going to work on some more aviation related paintings in upcoming months, and I may set up some store with prints next year, but that's not decided yet.

I'm still learning a lot with each painting or drawing I make and I enjoy it tremendously. It's a completely different world than working on the computer, yet both worlds are somehow interconnected.

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

hey if oyu dont mind me asking, what do you do for a2a anyway? i mean you have real talent..
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

I'm responsible for 3d artwork and textures. I did the models and textures of both C172 and C182 (externals and cockpits) and I've worked on the Comanche, Cherokee externals. Most of the T-6 textures are mine, and some of the 3d work. I also model the characters, pilots for GA line & T-6 and flight attendant for Connie.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

That is so beautiful!
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

theRe: Piper Cub painting I did recently

Post by Nick - A2A »

Nice work Mike! Your painting does a wonderful job of capturing the sense of freedom and fun that flying a J-3 must offer. It's years since I've had a go at any watercolour painting; I did a few landscapes and things as a youngster but never got very good to be honest. Mostly I lacked the speed and fluidity to get washes down effectively and things often ended up getting a bit too wet! Pen and ink always felt like a more natural medium but now I find that I don't even bother with that. "Doing stuff on computers" just took more of my time once I discovered the internet, PC gaming and bloody Netflix! :mrgreen:

Your remarks make the think though... Maybe it's time to dig the sketch book out. I look forward to seeing more of your work anyway. :)

Cheers,
Nick

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

so now i know who to thank for giving me such nice eye candy..heh...the planes are fantastic and i really dont fly much else..99% of my flying is done in a2a aircraft..mostly the cherokee 180..i love em so much im trying to get one of a kind custom repaints done for em but have really not had much luck, im about to break out the wallet and see if that tempts people..im nowhere near artsy enough to do what i want with the repaint, just keep up the beautiful work though and maybe if you decide to sell your art, i may just buy some of it provided i have the money, ive had to beg and borrow for my fleet and i wouldent trade the 180, 172 or the t-6 for the world, though my computer barely runs them and im trying to finish my new build and all i need is a processor so now im stuck trying to figure out how to come up with the $300 for one lol
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: theRe: Piper Cub painting I did recently

Post by Michal - A2A »

Nick M wrote:Maybe it's time to dig the sketch book out. I look forward to seeing more of your work anyway. :)
It's never too late, but it has to be fun, at least that's how I see it. :)
KotatehFox wrote:so now i know who to thank for giving me such nice eye candy..heh...the planes are fantastic and i really dont fly much else..99% of my flying is done in a2a aircraft..mostly the cherokee 180..
Remember, this is a true teamwork. For example the cockpit of the Cherokee was done by ROB, who has some really amazing skills.

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

i know its teamwork, the a2a birds are some of the top paywares for flight sim on the market, i will be flying aerosofts an2 but thats cause you guys havent done one! lol. im still waiting on you guys to do a curtiss jenny, b25 or a junkers ju52..though i feel those three legends will never be done by anyone..i would even settle for aircraft factory! nothing wrong with those birds, i LOVE the avro 504, such an incredible bird abut trickly to fly..i would give anything for an accusim jenny..even if it means sending out a few bribes or hiring the mafia (kidding! lol) ill never get to fly one in real life so its the best i can hope for
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”