DC-3 for P3D

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: DC-3 for P3D

Post by Skycat »

dvm wrote:I am using FSX boxed. Can't get the repaints for the V3 version of the C-47 to work in my install. They show up on the select aircraft screen but won't load into the sim. Anyone know what might be going on.
Just repaints? Or does this also include the textures that come with the package?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

You have the thumbnail, that's why it shows up in the select aircraft screen. Since you have the thumbnail good chance you have the textures. You many not have them named correctly in the config file. Check between v3.12 and v3.14. Texture name and config file have to agree. I seem to remember having this problem at least once.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

Make sure the model is the correct model for the repaint used. Check the sim= in the aircraft.cfg [fltsim.x].

[fltsim.0]
title=Douglas C-47 V3
sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Thanks everyone for your help. The problem was the air file title (sim=) as was suggested. This solved a problem I have had for quite some time. Thanks again.

shermank
Airman

Post by shermank »

Simviation is dreadfully slow without a paid membership. But the MJ package is available at avsim

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?Ca ... ScanMode=0

Be sure to download the base pack, plus the update which brings it into P3D v4

Sherm

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”