P3D v4 Accu-Sim Aircraft State Location

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crippy
Staff Sergeant

P3D v4 Accu-Sim Aircraft State Location

Post by crippy »

Hello again, hope everyone is well!

I am still working and tweaking with P3Dv4.1.

I have had issues in the past with FSX where an invisible wall would be at an airport, or ESPECIALLY bushes on grass fields, where it would 'Crash' my aircraft if I got anywhere near them and ruin the Accu-sim aircraft state and I would have to service everything on the plane.

I was just curious if someone could point me in the direction where these saves are located, I used to know in FSX where they were, but not so much in P3D. I like to do frequent backups in case something dumb happens in the sim and it ruins the aircraft state {I keep a notebook full of maintenance records}
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Mr.Mugel
Airman First Class

Re: P3D v4 Accu-Sim Aircraft State Location

Post by Mr.Mugel »

I'd advise you to select "Ignore crashes and damage" in the settings. The Accusim damage still works properly that way including gear damage for hard landings, prop strikes, etc.

The default crash detection is really buggy, especially with Addons, so better ignore it. If I'm rememvering correctly, A2A also advises to turn off the default engine Stress causes damage option.

Cheers, Lennart
Kinda' like Accusim....

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

The .dat files for your A2A aircraft in v4.1, are probably in <your documents folder>\A2A\FSX. Mine certainly are, which doesn't seem logical to me because I no longer have FSX installed. But there they are. Surprise!

I do have a P3D folder inside my documents\A2A folder, but that only contains empty folders, no .dat files.

Why is that guys?

Steve.

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

bladerunner900 wrote:The .dat files for your A2A aircraft in v4.1, are probably in <your documents folder>\A2A\FSX. Mine certainly are, which doesn't seem logical to me because I no longer have FSX installed. But there they are. Surprise!

I do have a P3D folder inside my documents\A2A folder, but that only contains empty folders, no .dat files.

Why is that guys?

Steve.
Ahh if that is true, this would make a lot of sense. I thought it was amazing that accusim pulled the existing aircraft states and even down to the same hours from fsx during install.

I also noticed that a change to a aircraft state (ex opening a door) actually transfers back to fsx aircraft too, so they may share the same files. Very cool! {If that is actually correct}
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Sunjunkiesi
Airman

Post by Sunjunkiesi »

It must be correct, as when I upgraded from FSX to P3D (in the process having to buy another copy of the cherokee along the way grumble grumble miss my comanche and texan grumble grumble) the cherokee was loaded into P3D for the first time with the same number of hours and in the same state as I left her. The only things that didn't transfer over were the fine wire plugs and camguard in the oil.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I first noticed they shared dat files when I had FSX Gold and Steam edition installed and later, with P3D v2.xx also. So three sims were sharing one set. It still seems daft to me. I thought v4.xx would be different at least. No big deal though because I maintain separate dat files for different liveries. :wink:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”