Manfred Jahn's new freeware B-50

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

While we await A2A's Accusim B-29 Superfortress, we can content ourselves at Christmas with this gorgeous freeware B-50 from Manfred Jahn and his team of elves.

It was intended as a purely A.I. model, but from what I can tell there were certain technical problems, so it was released as flyable, with Manfred's C-97 instrument panel. Maybe a full B-50 V.C.will come along one day, but if you have the Virtavia B-29, there are instructions at Sim Outhouse in how to graft that model's VC onto this B-50 external model.

Anyway, here's a few shots, and it must be noted that at long last the under-fuselage curve, from the front bulkhead of the aft bomb bay back to the gunner's sighting blisters, has been modelled correctly. IMHO this is the first time it's been done accurately in any B-29 or B-50 release. As I say, my opinion only. The model comes in two variants - one has the B-29 type nose cone, the other has the later nose cone and external tanks. Ted 'Tufun' Wolfgang's sound set is terrific - hang on to your fillings at full throttle.

So, feast your eyes on this beauty...

The thread at SOH with download links and VC transplant discussion is here :

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... 1-Released

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Manfred Jahn's new freeware B-50

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Paul K,

Nice shots, this aircraft looks gorgeous on the outside. Do you have some from inside that you could share?

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Simply stunning... Best freeware team ever ? If that ever got finished to the same level of quality as their DC3...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi Paul K,

Nice shots, this aircraft looks gorgeous on the outside. Do you have some from inside that you could share?

Cheerz,
Will
Remember that this B-50 was intended to be purely an A.I. model, so there was no corresponding development of a dedicated VC. What you get is Manfred's C-97 panel inside a basic B-50 forward flight deck, with the B-50's windows and nose perspex correctly positioned. I can't show you the whole thing, because I've now imported Virtavia's B-29 VC, and don't want to undo all that work. However, here's a picture of the C-97 panel in its normal place within the KC-97L.

Below is a picture of the Virtavia B-29 VC, but I stress you must own the payware Virtavia B-29 in order to link this VC to the B-50.

:)

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Paul K wrote:While we await A2A's Accusim B-29 Superfortress,
I cannot verbally convey how badly I want an A2A B-29. I actually had a dream I was flying it this weekend. Imagine my disappointment when I woke up and real life came rushing back.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

AviationAtWar wrote:I cannot verbally convey how badly I want an A2A B-29. I actually had a dream I was flying it this weekend. Imagine my disappointment when I woke up and real life came rushing back.
I have similar dreams, only, in an Avro Lancaster. :P

Meanwhile, this one will do me for now, with the Virtavia VC hack.

Steve.

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

The instructions for the Virtavia B29 panel work a treat. A great start, as I think it's a work in progress. And yes, I too dream of an A2A Lanc!

batt
Senior Airman

Post by batt »

Manfred Jahn is obviously a master modeler. I wish he'd quit his day job and go to work for A2A!

His work is too good to be wasted on anything less than Accu-sim 8) .
Image Image Image
ImageImage

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

batt wrote:Manfred Jahn is obviously a master modeler. I wish he'd quit his day job and go to work for A2A!

His work is too good to be wasted on anything less than Accu-sim 8) .
I agree, Batt. As with his previous releases, he has got the shape exactly right on this model. He is incredibly precise in all that he does, and yes, A2A should put out some feelers. It could open up some possibilities for the future.

batt
Senior Airman

Post by batt »

Paul, Yeah that's what I was thinking. That and if that B-50 were accu-simmed; would I shell out 60-70 bucks for it?

Why uh yes, ....of course I would :D .
Image Image Image
ImageImage

Jetranger7
Senior Airman

Post by Jetranger7 »

Yup', I grabbed that puppy right away looks even better with the Proper Global Chrome Enviro Textures too !!!

I'll stress, that those Global Enviro Textures "DO NOT" Chrome every inch of the Aircraft either, only parts that were properly rendered by the texture artist who properly painted the aircraft !!

No Chrome windows or tires or other stupid Hi-Jinks, like in the past,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Adding these Global Chrome Enviro Textures really makes a difference, especially if your running a decent Video Graphics card !!!

Global Chrome Enviro Textures can be found on Flight Sim. Com (Freeware)

LINK : https://photos.app.goo.gl/JJRwMAAzkdgVZ0C73

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”