What does accusim really means ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Fight69
Airman

What does accusim really means ?

Post by Fight69 »

Hey guys,
There's one thing I've always wondered about the accusim series, that's what accu means.
Does this mean accurate, as your planes are really accurate, or does it mean accumulate because your planes accumulate flying hours?
Or maybe it means both... :D

btw, sorry if there are mistakes, I use google translate to translate from French. :mrgreen:
Francis

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: What does accusim really means ?

Post by DHenriques_ »

Fight69 wrote:Hey guys,
There's one thing I've always wondered about the accusim series, that's what accu means.
Does this mean accurate, as your planes are really accurate, or does it mean accumulate because your planes accumulate flying hours?
Or maybe it means both... :D

btw, sorry if there are mistakes, I use google translate to translate from French. :mrgreen:
Accusim can best be described as a program that places an aircraft and its systems into a virtual world based on real world physics. In other words an A2A simulated aircraft acts in the sim as if it was operating in a real world atmosphere. Systems are affected by pressures, temperatures, and forces. Accusim is so deep that it even takes a time line into account. A cylinder for example is subjected to stress, heat and cold, and lubrication. These things cause wear. All this is accounted for in Accusim.
This is but one example.
You might have heard the term "as real as it gets". Well that's Accusim !
Dudley Henriques

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

"Accurate Simulation" is the proper way to interpret Accu-Sim.

The following is copied directly from the Piper Cub's Accu-Sim pack manual:

ACCU-SIM EXPANSION PACK Accu-Sim Expansion Pack upgrades core areas of Microsoft Flight Simulator X to provide the maximum amount of realism and immersion possible. Each pack is developed and tailored to a specific aircraft.

WHAT IS THE PHILOSOPHY BEHIND ACCU-SIM? Real pilots will tell you that no two aircraft are the same. Even taking the same aircraft up from the same airport to the same location on different days will result in a different experience. For example, you may notice that one day your engine is running a bit hotter than usual or it may have an odd sound or vibration. Regardless, these things should occur in a realistically created simulation just as they do in real life, but until now, they never do. This is what Accu-Sim does – it puts the gauge (and the real world) back in the game. Putting realism in a simulation does not mean that your flying experience will be more difficult. While Accu-Sim is created by pilots, it is built for everyone. This means that you will find that Accu-Sim is presented in an intuitive layout which will enhance your flying experience, and which is easy to use. However, if Accu-Sim is enabled and the needles are in the red, there will be consequences. It is no longer just an aircraft, it's a simulation.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

tabletopANDROID
Airman

Post by tabletopANDROID »

I'm brand new to A2A Simulations. I just purchased the Comanche and boy is it exciting. Regarding Accu-Sim... is it a separate app that needs to run or is it a part of the add-on?
Marc F.
"Your friendly neighborhood aviation enthusiast."
Streaming on Twitch every Tuesday at 1900 EDT.
Flight ops member with The Pilot Club

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

tabletopANDROID wrote: 24 Jul 2023, 08:57 I'm brand new to A2A Simulations. I just purchased the Comanche and boy is it exciting. Regarding Accu-Sim... is it a separate app that needs to run or is it a part of the add-on?
Accusim is an integral part (actually the heart) of the plane you have purchased from A2A. It contains all the pure physics and aerodynamics that the aircraft would be experiencing if it was real. You could say that Accusim begins when someone on our team asks, " If this is what the airplane does in real life..........can we make that happen using a computer"?
Every time that question is asked and we discover the answer is YES, that behavior becomes part of our Accusim program and applies to every plane we produce.
Hope this helps a bit.
Dudley Henriques

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

But at the same time, it runs outside of the sim I think.
Not disagreeing with Dudley, he obviously knows much more about it than me, but as I understand it, technically you get an icon in the system tray for Accusim now, and if it isn't there then it hasn't loaded it and the plane won't work properly.

I'm holding out to payday (Friday) to buy it :)
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Now the comanche is out..

SPEAKING OF THE PIPER CUB!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

....obvs the Strat and Connie as well.
ImageImage

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Mantock wrote: 24 Jul 2023, 13:26

Absolutely. I mean... we have half a dozen Cubs in the sim already... but really... they just don't cut it lol

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Mantock wrote: 24 Jul 2023, 13:26 Now the comanche is out..

....obvs the Strat and Connie as well.
Hey, those 3 are near the top of my wish list!
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”