Looking at the Connie

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
joespeed52
Senior Airman

Looking at the Connie

Post by joespeed52 »

I'm really looking forward to sometime getting the Constellation.
One of these days, she's going to end up in my hangar. (Might have to build a bigger one to accommodate her, truly.) :lol:
Anyone have tips for flying/caring for her? Is she as easy as the J-3, or challenging like making a pig fly? :o
Comanche, 172, 182, PA-28, Civ/Mil Mustang, T-6, COTS L049, P-40, Spitfire, V35, and Mighty B-17.
2000+ Hours FSX:SE

Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Re: Looking at the Connie

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

Well, she's definitely a challenge since it's a multicrew environment and you have virtual passengers on board (COTS). But in terms of flying, systems and navigation, she's just a big Cessna with 4 engines. 4 powerful ones!

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

She’s as complicated or as easy as you want it to be. If you try doing everything yourself then she is a handful which isn’t really realistic. If you use the virtual crew then all you focus on is the flying which makes things super easy. Personally I use the virtual crew for take off approach and landings. Once at altitude and in the cruise I take over control of everything and really try to maximize engine life and fuel burn. I really wish there was a twin engine for COTS.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Personally I would recommend when first flying the Connie, spending most of your time in the engineer's seat. Mastering this station makes you a much better pilot / manager. The same goes for the 377. Once you have it mastered, then you can pretty much let the virtual engineer do his thing. He is very smart, actually scans and thinks on the fly, and does a really good job. And when he talks to you over the headset, what he is saying makes more sense too and it helps you understand the state of the airplane better.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”