DC-3 for P3D

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
bullfox
Technical Sergeant

DC-3 for P3D

Post by bullfox »

Is there a decent DC-3 for P3d4.1 yet? If you had a DC-3, the Connie, the Comanche, the AT-6 and maybe a pressurized GA twin that would be a pretty good group of airplanes. A P-51, B377 and T-33 would just be extra icing on the cake.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

ebo
Master Sergeant

Re: DC-3 for P3D

Post by ebo »

bullfox wrote:Is there a decent DC-3 for P3d4.1 yet? If you had a DC-3, the Connie, the Comanche, the AT-6 and maybe a pressurized GA twin that would be a pretty good group of airplanes. A P-51, B377 and T-33 would just be extra icing on the cake.
The freeware version by Manfrey Jagn alos works beautifully in v4.1.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

gridley
Airman

Post by gridley »

I also recommend you check out the C47/DC3 by Manfred Jahn - you'll need the patches to get it to v3.14 to work perfectly in P3Dv4.1 and I believe it's only available at Sim Outhouse.
[email protected], 32gb RAM, EVGA GTX1080 w/8GB vram, Win10, RiftS, P3Dv5.1.1. . .

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
As stated above the Manfred Jahn C47 v3.14 with update fix to park vor needles horizontal with no signal which brings it to mod state v3.1401 , and for P3Dv4 you will need the new 64 bit sound mod as well , link below.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... =c47+p3dv4
regards alan. 8)

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Manfred Jahn C-47! She works just fine in FSX, P3Dv3, v4, and v4.1!

Here is a link to the discussion on the Sim-Outhouse forum: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... 4-Beta-zip.

This is a beta, but a really great beta! The original file came out around Feb 21, 2017, and minor updates have been posted. Check further discussions at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... 3.1405.zip. Here is the forum topic in which the V3.14 fixes are discussed: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... _Fixes.zip.

I'm looking at my downloads right now. I have the original file, Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405.zip, dated 2/25/2017.

Next I have the file that fixes a number of small glitches: Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14_Fixes.zip.

There are plenty of liveries available for the MJ C-47. I like the nondescript "Private" livery: douglas_c47_v3_private_livery.zip, but sometimes I fly her in the DC-3 Airlines livery: DCA_Liveries_MJ_C-47_V2.zip, this last takes some minor tweaking in the aircraft.cfg files, but that is all described on the DC-3 Airways forums.

This is just about the only non-A2A airplane that I fly. I've flown it in the recent rallys put on by Bluegrass Airlines http://bluegrassairlines.com/.

Sorry for this long-winded post. Here are a couple pictures of my C-47:

Seeya
ATB

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Can't recommend the aforementioned freeware Manfred Jahn DC-3 enough. Not only does it look good and feel good, but this DC-3 package has flight dynamics programmed by the legendary Alexander Metzger. Also, there is an interactive voice checklist system in addition to voice crew callouts, and both work flawlessly. The whole thing is incredibly addictive, especially if one is already an Accusim affectionado (I have to believe the DC-3 developers took inspiration from A2A). Oil temperature and CHT are both properly modeled, and you'll have problems with managing both if you don't watch your power setting and airpeed/cowl flaps properly.

And it's all FREE!
Last edited by Hobart Escin on 21 Nov 2017, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Paughco wrote:
Next I have the file that fixes a number of small glitches: Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14_Fixes.zip.
Holy krap, I hadn't realized there was a hotfix package available!!!!!! This made my day, thank you! :P

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

Hard to believe A2A or PMDG hasn't done one thus far.

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

@Tufun,

Really no need anymore for any commercial developer to release a DC-3 at his point. Manfred Jahn's Dakota is good enough for we hardcore realism simmers at this stage, and quite frankly I'd hate to see a freeware project of this magnitude have any 'competition' from payware packages. Since there is realistically only one real choice of a DC-3 for either FSX or P3D now, the enthusiasm level stays high with both the users and the developers. This goes a long way in keeping a freeware development team motivated.

Plus, no one has to deal with Robert Randazzo making those stupid updates on the Avsim forum about PMDG's next project release, "Captains, we have a lot news about the DC-3"; "at this point we can't project a release date"; "testing should start soon"; "we ran into some unforeseen problems"; "we are looking towards a release date sometime in 2027". Meanwhile, Nazi-in-residence Kyle Rogers goes into high gear beratating people for asking about it and not signing their names to posts. No, thank you.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Actually, if any payware developer was to take on a DC-3, I'd like it to be PMDG. They'd probably model RSR's own Tabitha May, which, if so, would give us a nicely modernized version alongside the Manfred/Jan et. al. vintage aircraft.

There's also the possibility that they might tap Alexander for the flight dynamics - he's responsible for the PMDG DC-6 - so there'd be a family resemblance.

Happy to dream about it, anyway.

I agree that there's no point in a payware developer taking on a well-worn C-47 - any developer would be very hard pressed to match what the freeware aircraft delivers.

Side note - FWIW, I have no trouble with PMDG's forum "house style." Of course, the fact that I'm a third-generation native New Yorker might have something to do with it.

Whaddya whaddya? 8)
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Hobart Escin wrote:@Tufun,

Really no need anymore for any commercial developer to release a DC-3 at his point. Manfred Jahn's Dakota is good enough for we hardcore realism simmers at this stage, and quite frankly I'd hate to see a freeware project of this magnitude have any 'competition' from payware packages. Since there is realistically only one real choice of a DC-3 for either FSX or P3D now, the enthusiasm level stays high with both the users and the developers. This goes a long way in keeping a freeware development team motivated.

Plus, no one has to deal with Robert Randazzo making those stupid updates on the Avsim forum about PMDG's next project release, "Captains, we have a lot news about the DC-3"; "at this point we can't project a release date"; "testing should start soon"; "we ran into some unforeseen problems"; "we are looking towards a release date sometime in 2027". Meanwhile, Nazi-in-residence Kyle Rogers goes into high gear beratating people for asking about it and not signing their names to posts. No, thank you.
Couldn't agree more, if all freeware was as good as the DC3 I'm afraid there would not be any payware available. Catch 22

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yeGMaT3PvI[/youtube]

Alky
Senior Airman

Post by Alky »

TuFun wrote:Hard to believe A2A or PMDG hasn't done one thus far.
They haven't tried because they can't compete with the Manfred Jahn and crew version as well as the TuFun sound!! LOL

Holdit
Airman

Post by Holdit »

Hobart Escin wrote:@Tufun,

This board needs "like" buttons... :D
Paul

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

Alky wrote:
TuFun wrote:Hard to believe A2A or PMDG hasn't done one thus far.
They haven't tried because they can't compete with the Manfred Jahn and crew version as well as the TuFun sound!! LOL
Thank you, glad you enjoy the radial sound set, second set I've ever did. Trying to cobble sounds from youtube is probably the only disadvantage I have, were is A2A and PMDG would record the actual aircraft radial sounds and have a professional sound man to put it all together.

Same with my Photoshop skills and watching youtube videos to figure how to use it. So thought I would add a tiny little bit of detail seen in these pics. Mind you this just for me to check the rivets/panel alignments. Been working off and on for over a year. Reason is no skills in Photoshop and did the use the old method of creating rivets, now all redone the Photoshop method. Use PaintNet in the beginning.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

I am using FSX boxed. Can't get the repaints for the V3 version of the C-47 to work in my install. They show up on the select aircraft screen but won't load into the sim. Anyone know what might be going on.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”