Displaying multiple planes

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Styggron
Master Sergeant

Displaying multiple planes

Post by Styggron »

Hi everyone,
Is there a way I can display several of my A2A craft parked at an airport ?

Of course when we pick a plane and starting place we only see that and bar some kind of multiplayer thing which I don't use, is there a way I can display several A2A planes all on the tarmac or something like that ?

Happy to check out programs that might do this providing they are free of course. (Yes, something for nothing :P) :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Displaying multiple planes

Post by Killratio »

http://secure.simmarket.com/lorby-si-wh ... -p3d.phtml

I believe this is what you are looking for.

I' haven't tried it but it is popular and costs very little.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Killratio wrote:http://secure.simmarket.com/lorby-si-wh ... -p3d.phtml

I believe this is what you are looking for.

I' haven't tried it but it is popular and costs very little.
Thank you for that but sorry no good I knew about that one already. I'm after something that is free as I wrote above :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

R-2800-59
Staff Sergeant

Post by R-2800-59 »

The Lorbi-Sim payware tool is worth it's price, very fun and easy to use - much more immersive than to load a separate flight because you can set the parking brake on your plane, the tool saves state and position and you can load state and position of a previously saved plane without reloading a flight.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

R-2800-59 wrote:The Lorbi-Sim payware tool is worth it's price, very fun and easy to use - much more immersive than to load a separate flight because you can set the parking brake on your plane, the tool saves state and position and you can load state and position of a previously saved plane without reloading a flight.
Hi R2800
Oh I'm sure it is I did check it out. It's not the price, I just don't need most of what it does.

All I wanted to do is just have planes I own as AI or even just sitting there static. I don't need to jump in or play them, they just need to sit there.

There doesn't seem to be anything free that can do this. If so, it's ok. No giant loss really. I will just file it under "would be nice" :)

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I'm going to be annoying and also recommend the Lorby-Sim "Where Are My Aircraft" app. I think it is great. I've used it to populate my flightline with 'static' versions of my flyables; you can park an entire squadron of A2A P-51Ds if you want, as an example. But more than that, I like the ease of returning to a parked airplane as current time and date. And I really enjoy the Google Earth feature that let's you see how the virtual world you are parked in compares to the real world.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Skycat wrote:I'm going to be annoying and also recommend the Lorby-Sim "Where Are My Aircraft" app. I think it is great. I've used it to populate my flightline with 'static' versions of my flyables; you can park an entire squadron of A2A P-51Ds if you want, as an example. But more than that, I like the ease of returning to a parked airplane as current time and date. And I really enjoy the Google Earth feature that let's you see how the virtual world you are parked in compares to the real world.
Hi Skycat
You can park MORE than one of a plane you have ? That I did not know. So I could, theoretially, have a whole fleet of A2A Spitfires sitting there on the tarmac ? Really ??? I thought I could only add one with that program.

If so my next question.
1. Does it have any kinds of online activation ? I know some stores put a wrapper on. I am happy to try it out if I can ay for it, and install it completely offline with no internet required. (Please don't ask, suffice to say I have had very bad experiences with online activation and I won't support anything with it).

Thanks in advance skycat
Actually the same company seem to have some kinds of camera program as well which might let me set cameras in FSX easily.

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

Gonna go ahead and vouche for WAMA, too. Good price point, lots of bang for the buck. Looking at the purchase email, no registry code or anything, but I can't remember the exact install process off the top of my head. Some small developers are pretty open to being contacted about DRM/activation issues, so might be worth a shot to shoot the developer an email. You're definitely not the only one who runs an offline flightsim!

-Ian C

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

WAMA downloads as a zip file -- about 33Mb in size. Inside are multiple installers to cover different versions of FSX/P3D including dual installs. I don't remember any kind of online registration. However, I think you can only purchase WAMA online through the vendor linked earlier.

WAMA saves aircraft as separate liveries (or tail/registration numbers). So using the B-17G as an example you could park all four of the stock liveries side-by-side in FSX if you want to. Furthermore, you can "walk" up to any of those four B-17s and transfer yourself to the cockpit. What you can't do is, however, is save the stock livery "Sentimental Journey" at multiple locations simultaneously... unless you make copies of SJ's texture folder and add them to the aircraft.cfg. (Make sense?) You can, of course, download and add as many freeware B-17G skins as you want and save these additional aircraft as you please in WAMA.

I don't think the Google Earth feature will work offline though, simply because of how Google Earth works.

I'll install/test WAMA offline on my older computer if you like.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Skycat wrote:WAMA downloads as a zip file -- about 33Mb in size. Inside are multiple installers to cover different versions of FSX/P3D including dual installs. I don't remember any kind of online registration. However, I think you can only purchase WAMA online through the vendor linked earlier.

WAMA saves aircraft as separate liveries (or tail/registration numbers). So using the B-17G as an example you could park all four of the stock liveries side-by-side in FSX if you want to. Furthermore, you can "walk" up to any of those four B-17s and transfer yourself to the cockpit. What you can't do is, however, is save the stock livery "Sentimental Journey" at multiple locations simultaneously... unless you make copies of SJ's texture folder and add them to the aircraft.cfg. (Make sense?) You can, of course, download and add as many freeware B-17G skins as you want and save these additional aircraft as you please in WAMA.

I don't think the Google Earth feature will work offline though, simply because of how Google Earth works.

I'll install/test WAMA offline on my older computer if you like.
That would be great to test offline but it also depends on where you got it because some places put their own DRM wrapper on top.
There are 4 places you can buy it from but none are direct from the dev stupidly enough.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I bought WAMA from simMarket. To download it, you have to be logged-in to your account with them. Once the zip is downloaded, you can extract it anywhere. You then have 5 choices of install.

FSX Acceleration boxed or dual install with SE:WhereAreMyAircraft_Install.exe
FSX SE stand alone: WhereAreMyAircraft_SE_Install.exe
Prepar3D V2.5: WhereAreMyAircraft_P3D_Install.exe
Prepar3D V3.x: WhereAreMyAircraft_P3D_V3_Install.exe
Prepar3D V4.0: WhereAreMyAircraft_P3D_V4_Install.exe

There is no need to be on-line to install or run the program. It is capable of showing you where your aircraft are parked but for that, you need Google Earth installed which obviously needs an internet connection. Here are four of mine at EGFP Pembrey. Three on the ground and one in the air.

Steve.

Edit:
My four aircraft are parked at positions 2, 3, 4 and 5. Position 1 is reserved for the default P3D Baron 58, which I load every time before switching to one of the others.
Last edited by bladerunner900 on 13 May 2019, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I also got mine from SimMarket also. You have to create an account to purchase. Downloads are zip files, but no wrapper and no registration. I installed WAMA to computer #2 completely offline (it is an old computer with no ability to receive WiFi so all I had to do was yank the Ethernet cable) and ran it Okay with FSX-SE in offline mode.

But, here's the deal on that... I had to use an older version of WAMA. I have never been able to get the latest version(s) of WAMA to run in FSX-SE.

I was an early customer of WAMA, the first week it was released I think. Since then, SimMarket has periodically sent me emails advising me of updates, mostly for P3D compatibility I think, that replace the version of WAMA already installed. One of the updates added a logbook feature. Anyhow, at some point the new versions simply stopped working for me and I have to use an older version of WAMA without the logbook feature. That's not a showstopper for me. However, only the latest version is available for download at SimMarket.

My primary system is Windows 10. My older computer is Windows 7. I only have FSX-SE installed on both, though the older computer at one time had FSX boxed edition on it. The result is the same: no new WAMA, only old WAMA.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Thank you all.
I bought it from simmarket along with, well all their other products bar the cropduster one.
They are indeed amazing and I REALLY respect them for not having punishing DRM.

The manual for WAMA needs some work as does the interface but a YT video soon explained how I can get multiple spitfires up.

I guess all I need now is more than the 3 liveries A2A give us but I need UK WWII liveries only. I'll ask our resident spitfire expert :)

Thanks everyone

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

There are 39 liveries here for the Spitfire. And those are just the ones I have done. All historically correct to the best of my knowledge and ability.:wink:

Exept one. Done for fun. :lol:

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

bladerunner900 wrote:There are 39 liveries here for the Spitfire. And those are just the ones I have done. All historically correct to the best of my knowledge and ability.:wink:

Exept one. Done for fun. :lol:
Thank you :)

I want to have a nice ground squadron of Spitfires so I can bathe in their awesomeness. My favourite plane of all time along with the Hawker Hurricaine and the Lancaster.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”