Simulation Paused during flight

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
alangeorge
Airman

Simulation Paused during flight

Post by alangeorge »

Hi Dear Help. During flight, usually within a few minutes I get 'Flight Simulation Paused' I hit the P button and flight resume, sometimes I have to hit the P several times before flight resumes. This has only just started to occur last 4 days or so. I could fly to Southend from Clacton, move around the airport, avoid traffic etc., and fly back to Clacton, without a pause occurring, until now. System:
P3D ver 4 A2A Cessna 172 R
Intel Core i7-7700K
Dell S2716 DG Monitor
Graphics card MSI GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC
SSD Intel 600p M.2 512GB SSD
NVMe HDD WD 2TB Blue 64 MBs cache
RAM Kingston 16GB KIT DDR4 2666MHz CL13 HyperX Savage Black
Water cooling NZXT Kraken X41
LED backlight
Power supplySeasonic M12II-620 Evo
PC caseNZXT S340 Elite Limited
Operating systemWindows 10 Home 64-bit
Megascenery Earth England & Wale
UK 200 Airports S England
Any help as always, very appreciated. Best regards....Alan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Simulation Paused during flight

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Alan,

Can you remember what system changes you made when this behaviour started happening? It sounds to me like some other software is stealing focus within Windows and consequently P3D is entering pause mode. By default it's set to "pause on task switch" in the application settings page, so to test this, you could try un-ticking this option.

Another possibility is that a piece of hardware such as a joystick button is activating the pause command for some reason. To check this, search the P3D key assignments page for the word "pause" and you should see if anything other than the 'p' or 'pause' keys are assigned to this function.

Cheers,
Nick

alangeorge
Airman

Post by alangeorge »

Nick M wrote:Hi Alan,

Can you remember what system changes you made when this behaviour started happening? It sounds to me like some other software is stealing focus within Windows and consequently P3D is entering pause mode. By default it's set to "pause on task switch" in the application settings page, so to test this, you could try un-ticking this option.

Another possibility is that a piece of hardware such as a joystick button is activating the pause command for some reason. To check this, search the P3D key assignments page for the word "pause" and you should see if anything other than the 'p' or 'pause' keys are assigned to this function.

Cheers,
Nick
Thank you Nick, I sighed with happiness when I saw your response. I will put my thinking hat on, and check everything you have written. I will let you know the result, but sounds very promising. I am already thinking, but will get down to it after dinner this evening.
I am much obliged Nick...... Alan

alangeorge
Airman

Post by alangeorge »

alangeorge wrote:

Cheers,
Nick
Thank you Nick, I sighed with happiness when I saw your response. I will put my thinking hat on, and check everything you have written. I will let you know the result, but sounds very promising. I am already thinking, but will get down to it after dinner this evening.
Hi again Nick,I couldn’t wait until later. I unticked the pause box, and could find nothing else associated with Pause that shouldn’t be. I have just had a short flight, take-off and circuit and landing, about nine minutes, no problem, BUT McAfee butted in whilst on the ground, inviting me to protect more devices, and previously came up with ‘safety scan’ completed, very pushy. I only went back to McAfee recently, got uneccesarily worried, could very well be the interruption of focus you are mentioning, by sheer luck it has intruded just when I was following your advice. I am switching Mcafee off, I do virtually no internet searching on this computer, I use my iPad. I will let you know in about a week, if that is the cause, literally trying to sell me more product. I used the Task Manager to see if anything else was running, but only P3D.exe showed. Thanks again Nick, got me thinking. Warmest regards....Alan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Alan - yes, I agree that McAfee doing whatever it's doing in the background could be the culprit. For what it's worth, for years I've only used the inbuilt Microsoft AV software ("Microsoft Security Essentials" or whatever it's called) with no problems except the odd downloaded installer that it'll decide to quarantine for some reason.

Anyway, interested to hear how you get on. :)

All the best,
Nick

alangeorge
Airman

Post by alangeorge »

alangeorge wrote:
alangeorge wrote:

Cheers,
Nick
Hi again Nick,I couldn’t wait until later. I unticked the pause box, and could find nothing else associated with Pause that shouldn’t be. I have just had a short flight, take-off and circuit and landing, about nine minutes, no problem, BUT McAfee butted in whilst on the ground, inviting me to protect more devices, and previously came up with ‘safety scan’ completed, very pushy. I only went back to McAfee recently, got uneccesarily worried, could very well be the interruption of focus you are mentioning, by sheer luck it has intruded just when I was following your advice. I am switching Mcafee off, I do virtually no internet searching on this computer, I use my iPad. I will let you know in about a week, if that is the cause, literally trying to sell me more product. I used the Task Manager to see if anything else was running, but only P3D.exe showed. Thanks again Nick, got me thinking. Warmest regards....Alan
Hi again Nick, I uninstalled McAfee LiveSafe, and I have had two 40/50 minute flights, without any problems. McAfee gave me a full refund of £89.99 without any sort of demur. You were totally correct. As usual hindsight makes it seem 'clear', but there was no hindsight until you provided it. Complete solution. Thanks once again.
Very best warm regards, Alan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're always welcome Alan. :) Hope it's not too wild 'n' windy down in Clacton tonight?

Cheers,
Nick

alangeorge
Airman

Post by alangeorge »

Nick M wrote:You're always welcome Alan. :) Hope it's not too wild 'n' windy down in Clacton tonight?

Cheers,
Nick
It is blowing hard Nick. I, like you, have used Windows Defender for many years, and again like you, never had any problems, advertising of virus perils must have nibbled at me hard, and I brought trouble on myself. Anyhow happy flying from now on. Sleeping time.
As before, much obliged and best regards.
Alan

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”