Any ideas for stutter in P3D v4.1

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Any ideas for stutter in P3D v4.1

Post by MarcE »

I used to have kaspersky installed in times of FS9 and it obviously checked every single file I (or better FS) used for my simulation. It was not flyable. When I went to AVG my issues where solved. Now in times of Win10 Kyle on the PMDG forums told we would not need any addon anti virus applications anymore, the windows defender was just fine and other people from the it business agreed with him. So I got rid of my AVG after my update to 4.1 and have a stable performance now just as scott has said above.

Cheers
Marc

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I used to have kaspersky installed in times of FS9 and it obviously checked every single file I (or better FS) used for my simulation. It was not flyable. When I went to AVG my issues where solved. Now in times of Win10 Kyle on the PMDG forums told we would not need any addon anti virus applications anymore, the windows defender was just fine and other people from the it business agreed with him. So I got rid of my AVG after my update to 4.1 and have a stable performance now just as scott has said above.

Cheers
Marc

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Disabled all anti vir soft ( Malwarebytes antimalware and windows defender through group policy ) and sadly still it happens. This must be some intricacy of P3D becouse other sims work normally for me. Even in the vids of for example Rob Ainscough i can see this stutter in turns, even though he has a monstrous setup.

I must say that X-Plane 11 60+ stable fps over Manhattan with almost all bells and whistles with no stutter is a really nice contrast :)

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

My P3D v4.1 doesn‘t stutter at all, perfectly smooth with A2A and PMDG, XP11 flickers and has terribly low framerates... so I guess every system is unique.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Could you possibly share your sim settings, rig, drivers, card settings and or any specific system settings you may have applied ? There might be something that will put me on the right path. Maybe you have done something with your system that i didn't think of ?

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

For me it was CPU z that killed the smoothness until I disable it...

Here are all I can think of..
hardware:
I5-4690k oced to 4.7ghz
24gb ram ddr3@1866, can't remember my timings sorry
EVGA nvidia GTX 1080 SC @ 2030 MHz
4x 240gb mismatch SSD, mostly kingstons.. JBOD AHCI
MS sidewinder FFB2, TM Hotas Cougar, saitek throttles that spikes like crap
Oculus Rift CV1
Logitrch G19 keyboard
Razor Mamba mouse
Home made MDF board computer desk :-)
Software:
Windows 10 pro creator build or something like that,
Latest GeForce driver all the time
Windows setting to highperformance or balance when I'm tire of seeing 4700ghz doing nothing (setting to balance power does hit performance and stutters for me )
Latest oculus runtime
P3d v3 and V4.1
Bunch of A2A birds, PMDG 777-200 and 300, and DC6 and some Milviz birds (beaver/md530)
Flight1 gtn650 and 750
ORBX global, North America and vector plus a bunch of their airports in V3.. about 83gb for v3 and 78 for V4.1
Steam with a random library of 40 games installed
Office 365 app suit with OneDrive running in the background all the time...
Please never show this post to my wife!!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Thx for the info man :) any nvidia specific settings or nvidia inspector ? Any P3D settings that work for you ? Tell meh or the wife will know. :mrgreen:

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

I noticed on mine that when I have additional air traffic, (50%?) It would slow my system to a crawl. Eliminate the traffic, and it’s smooth. Even was able to crank up graphics without a big hit on framerates. Too bad, I like crowded skys.

Just a thought.
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

TBryson2 wrote:I noticed on mine that when I have additional air traffic, (50%?) It would slow my system to a crawl. Eliminate the traffic, and it’s smooth. Even was able to crank up graphics without a big hit on framerates. Too bad, I like crowded skys.

Just a thought.
I've had luck with that too. I had most of my scenery sliders one short of max with 25% air and 10% road traffic, no stutters. After I overclocked the CPU, I moved the sliders all the way, but had a little bit of stuttering and a slight drop in frame rate. Removed the air and ground traffic, frame rate never drops, no stutters. I prefer the scenery to the traffic, so I kept it that way. If somebody ever offers a good traffic program for P3D, I might rethink it.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

If you are using SSAA in graphics options, try switching to MSAA. I've read that it helps smooth out animation.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Thx guys for suggestions, will try to combine them, maybe even some synergistic effect will arise from this :)

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Sorry Buddy, nothing special in terms of nvidia settings.. Not using Nvidia inspector.. I'll try to snap some Screenies of my settings for you for I doubts they'll help that much..

Stay tuned and don't give up.. when P3D V4.1 works well, its as close as we get from a real life flight, specially in VR...

Regard
Steph

theskyisthelimit99
Airman Basic

Post by theskyisthelimit99 »

Did you ever solve this. Same issue here in that it seems to be a turning stutter every 2 seconds. Take for instance the realair legacy or default f22 to see it more.. even in more default areas too.

theskyisthelimit99
Airman Basic

Post by theskyisthelimit99 »

update:
Just to update my question on a fix.. i found the cause for mine at least..

My issue was similar.. that turning at an angle, hard turning, was causing a stutter every 1-2 seconds.. the scenery would stutter.

I decided to try a clean install.. worked fine.. then i went back to the full install.. and tried a clean scenery folder.. no stuttering still.. so then i put my mixed/full scenery folder back.. it was my black marble vector .. i went into black marble and deactivated things..
So the root cause for me was Black Marble files/being activated (daytime or not).

However, not blaming BM here, i also tried the same test clean but with UTX installed.. the stuttering came back.. it was reduced by turning off road traffic.. but still there to some degree.. i dont recall having this issue with vector data with p3d v3.x though.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

P3Dv4 has a lot of changes, are you using native P3Dv4 add-ons or shoehorning P3Dv3 and previous addons into P3Dv4? That is a known red flag to course frustrating issues and why we and other P3Dv4 developers will only ever advise content made using the new P3Dv4 SDK/PDK for correct use and stability of your platform.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”