Any ideas for stutter in P3D v4.1

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Any ideas for stutter in P3D v4.1

Post by Caldemeyn »

Hi all.

Do any of you guys experience stuttering during turns in P3D v4.1 ? Any ideas how to minimize it ? Any settings to share or anything ? Im getting a bit irked, same old sh%^ fsx then p3d. Im thinking on moving to X-Plane for good 8)

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Re: Any ideas for stutter in P3D v4.1

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Hello Caldemeyn,
I can only offer one suggestion here as I have not encountered your issue. However, I have encountered FPS and other issues. I was having terrible FPS issues when undocking 2D windows and moving them to second monitor. The answer for me was clearing Shaders. The fix was magical. Today I spent several hours working on my Connie controls in LINDA, cowl flaps was one of those I was working on, and it got to the point that even the originally working commands were dorked up. So I cleared the Shaders and poof, all was well again.

Please visit the following AVSIM link and read the tutorial by Poppet. See if that helps you. Good luck
Roger

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4796 ... -v2-v3-v4/
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Caldemeyn,

Scott and team released a recent Accu-Sim Update few hours ago, that targets that particular issue with P3D v4.1. Check it out here:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... _12_17.zip

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Thanks guys for suggestions, will try them out :)

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

I may not have understood your question correctly. Are you having trouble steering while on the ground or stutters during airborne turns? Either way do both fixes.

Good luck
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Hehe i meant stutter in flight during turns, it is a persistent little bugger to say the least. 8) After many hardships i got it to an acceptable (not great, but enough not to gag 8) )level.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Might this be anti virus related?
A2A Simulations Inc.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Hmm might as well be, though i always disable my dedicated anti vir soft before flight plus i turned off win defender and made an exception in it for the sim folder. The stutter is visible only during turns (when the plane is at an angle) no other sim of mine behaves like this.

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Have you limited your FPS? I can get 50+ with my current setup when set to unlimited but setting a cap at 40fps makes everything so much smoother! Seriously.. I'm almost always CPU limited (4690K @ 4.7 ghz, GPU GTX1080) so capping my fps gives me some CPU headroom.. took me a while to realize it.. hope this helps some..

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Yup, did that sometime ago ( even set it to exactly 40 :)) its the only thing that makes flights almost good, whats funny is that going lower, to 30 + made them worse 8) a magical number for me, i think this problem might have something to do with the fact that only one core maxes out most of the time in P3D, or maybe that during turns the drawing of geometry gets harder becouse of slight distortions of the image when tilted like that ? Or maybe they broke something with the scenery loading and autogen in one of the later updates. I didn't have such problems in early v3

When looking at vids on youtube, even from more prominent guys, almost all of them have some stutter when turning in their vids (or maybe its just an effect of recording pfff) those that have them smaller probably just go with a raw computing power approach :)

Its just such a fake way to push for more power, without them i could go with almost everything maxed.

TMorel
Airman Basic

Post by TMorel »

It's not a dynamic lighting issue is it?
After I reinstalled 4.1 and let it rebuild the cfg file I had stutters as dynamic lighting was now turned back on again and my system just doesn't play well with that.
Turned it off and bobs a good'un. Means I won't be able to land anything by PMDG/FSL at night but that's a small price to pay

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Did you get your shaders remade?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Yup, i have a habit of rebuilding the shaders from time to time and regarding the dynamic lighting, i thought the problem was mostly becouse of some not correctly working sceneries that wouldn't accept the new light effects kindly. All in all i checked that, but sadly it didn't mitigate the problem for me.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Caldemeyn,

I had these micro stutters and slow performance in p3d, and it turned out I had to disable my antivirus completely, I can't recall what I eventually did, but it was happening in areas I didn't expect while troubleshooting.

Does your performance issue happen in turns even when outside the airplane or looking down (not showing any terrain) in the cockpit?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Yes, it happens even when outside during turning ( so the geometry thing might be false :) ). When looking down in the cockpit, becouse i lack any points of reference, i looked at the fps counter, when comparing its readings to when i look around normally, there were no detectable skips in the frames (or they were much smaller)

Maybe i will try to disable the defender completely with a group policy or a registry tweak.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”