Reality XP GNS V2

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
85chevy4x4
Airman

Reality XP GNS V2

Post by 85chevy4x4 »

Hello, Just wondering if there are any plans for an A2A update for the new RXP V2 GNS 530/430 from Reaity XP? from what I have read there are some workarounds to manually edit .cfg files and such to make it work, however it is easy to just open the A2A config tool and select which GPS you want and click ok.

For my A2A Cessna 182, I have V1 of the 530 and 430, the 172 and Cherokee I have the 430 and the Comanche I have the 530..

Rimshot
Senior Airman

Re: Reality XP GNS V2

Post by Rimshot »

That would be very welcome indeed, as this GNS v2 works with all sims.
Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

What's the benefit of using the RealityXP GNS?

The Flight1 GNS is cheaper (the 430 and 530 are now sold in a bundle) and the support is much more reliable. And that is crucial as otherwise you won't be able to use your GNS anymore once P3Dv4 is updated the next time.

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

no plans at the moment. The lack of mail contact in the past when the software was being sold with zero support pushed everyone including many devs to other sources. In our case I emailed Flight1 who got back to us and we now have a working relationship with them in helping get there GPS supported in our aircraft alongside the Mindstar units who also mailed us back and helped similar to the Flight1 team. We like customers of the time got zero back from RXP so had to do the basic integration ourselves.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

While on the subject Lewis, when you say that you are working with Flight1 to get their products working with A2A aircraft, does this also include their GNS 530/430 package? I've been eyeballing those units for a while and they now sell them together in a complete package but atm the A2A Aircraft configurator doesn't support them.

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello addman,

We are looking into this yes. From what I am seeing on the forums users can already add them manually as the 3d models of the 4/530 are already present.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

85chevy4x4
Airman

Post by 85chevy4x4 »

Reality XP seems to be quite involved again.. There website shows they are also developing a G500/600 gauge which would be awesome in A2A aircraft. Has anyone attempted to reach out to them since they have made a comeback?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Lewis,

Though I feel your pain in terms of past lack of support from Reality XP, I'd like to think you guys will at least consider adding your support for their new (and upcoming) GPS projects.

I think RXP still has a strong following, and presumably A2A's reputation will always benefit if customers are given the widest possible choice in terms of interfacing their other gizmos. This is an area where A2A have excelled in the past, and the number of forum posts on integrating both the F1 and RXP products shows how popular these add-ons are. (Okay - I was a late adopter! :mrgreen: )

Admittedly I'm a bit biased because I took the (possibly daft) decision to buy the RXP GNS 530W V2 a few days ago. In answer to Tim's question, it seems to have a few features not currently offered by F1 units and—for the most part—it's working well with the A2A fleet.

However, there are one-or-two issues, and this topic on the Avsim forums may be of some interest to the A2A devs if they haven't already seen it. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick

nirgal76
Airman

Post by nirgal76 »

Tim-HH wrote:What's the benefit of using the RealityXP GNS?

The Flight1 GNS is cheaper (the 430 and 530 are now sold in a bundle) and the support is much more reliable. And that is crucial as otherwise you won't be able to use your GNS anymore once P3Dv4 is updated the next time.

Greetings
Tim
RXP GNS have crossfill ;) i like this functionnality. And i prefer to pay more to have more functionnalities.
For the support, i don't need it, my rxp gns is very stable, as my F1 GTN, and watching their respective forum, both seems to be efficient.
I had GTN750 for FSX, GTN650 for FSX and GTN 750 for P3dv3 and i had to pay again for GTN for P3DV4, so F1 are not so cheap ;)
For the future, difficult to say. Watch Realair for example, editors can stop their business at any moment.

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

So, at the moment only the GTN units are officially supported in the A2A aircraft ?

I wad led to believe the RealityXP GNS v1 gauges were as well, and it wad the Flight1 GNS that were not at present.

Is there a functional difference between the RealityXP v1 and v2 that would rendervtheir layest version inoperable ?
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Gabe777 wrote:I wad led to believe the RealityXP GNS v1 gauges were as well, and it wad the Flight1 GNS that were not at present.
That's correct, A2A do formally support Reality XP's GNS V1 gauges, just not the newly released RXP GNS V2, or Flight 1's GNS gauges (not yet anyway).

However, I'm still hoping that in time they'll be able to support both for the reasons I mentioned above. :wink:
Gabe777 wrote:Is there a functional difference between the RealityXP v1 and v2 that would rendervtheir layest version inoperable ?
Yeah, it's more than just a re-release for the P3D platform. Please see the link in my earlier post in this thread as it gives some insight into little issues that have cropped-up. However, other than this and the slight tracking issue also mentioned, RXP GNS V2 does already work with the A2A add-ons. :)

Cheers,
Nick

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Thnx Nick.....nice and clear! There is so much confusion at the moment with all these re releases and different platforms.....oh my, I'm just getting old..... :cry:

Edit... but to be honest, now I know v2 of the RXP is different, I may pass completely, as I really wanted them for older stuff like the Duke, Mooney and Cheyenne, and there is zero support for those !

May be prudent to go with the Flight1 GTN for now, and once Flight1's GNS gauges are fully sorted, try those at that point..cos I do like the old stuff and it increases variety. 50 quid for a Reality XP 530 is a bit steep if there may be bugs (no pun intended) in the tracking !
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Rimshot
Senior Airman

Post by Rimshot »

Gabe777 wrote:Thnx Nick.....nice and clear! There is so much confusion at the moment with all these re releases and different platforms.....oh my, I'm just getting old..... :cry:

Edit... but to be honest, now I know v2 of the RXP is different, I may pass completely, as I really wanted them for older stuff like the Duke, Mooney and Cheyenne, and there is zero support for those !
The GNS v2 comes with an intelligent tool that lets you replace other GNS gauges with RXP ones. That way it is possible to use the GNS v2 with older aircraft as well.
Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Rimshot wrote:
Gabe777 wrote:Thnx Nick.....nice and clear! There is so much confusion at the moment with all these re releases and different platforms.....oh my, I'm just getting old..... :cry:

The GNS v2 comes with an intelligent tool that lets you replace other GNS gauges with RXP ones. That way it is possible to use the GNS v2 with older aircraft as well.
Hi Bert.

Yes, but I was just alluding to your comment about the RXP v2 gauges not bring 100% OK in the A2A planes....so logically, even if the Duke can use the RXP 530 v1, there may be similar issues with v2, albeit not too significant.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Gabe777 wrote:[...] I was just alluding to your comment about the RXP v2 gauges not bring 100% OK in the A2A planes....so logically, even if the Duke can use the RXP 530 v1, there may be similar issues with v2, albeit not too significant.
It seems the compatibility issues may be mostly linked to A2A's custom autopilot simulations (KAP 140 and S-TEC 30), so for add-ons like RealAir which use the default FSX/P3D autopilot, I doubt you'll see these issues.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”