Thrashed T-6 Interior

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
crazac
Technical Sergeant

Thrashed T-6 Interior

Post by crazac »

Some of you may remember an interior I started last year for Tailspin45 and his N7055K paint. Unfortunately, I got too busy to paint or fly :cry: ..And, Google has long since decided to stop hosting the WIP images :x

Anyway, I was finally able to get back on the interior and finished it up. Working with Tailspin45 and his reference from a local 6 that has a pretty worked interior, I tried to find a happy medium. Its based on reality with lots of artistic license. :mrgreen: It's really interesting the different levels of wear these things get.

At some point, I am planing on adding this wear to the stock green interior and a grey one. Is anyone interested in that?

Have a gander

FRONT SEAT

REAR SEAT

[wip link removed]

[This post was edited to make more sense :oops: :P ]
Last edited by crazac on 10 Jun 2017, 11:25, edited 2 times in total.

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Re: T6 Thrashed Interior

Post by crazac »

I managed to get through the outside file tonight, and the above link has been updated to include it. There are still a couple of things I would like to clean up with it, but, I couldn't keep myself from posting it.

It's a little difficult getting a good shot of it in stock FSX, but, her she is. :mrgreen:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Thrashed T-6 Interior

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Now that's a thing of beauty! Beautiful, grabbed and ready for this evenings flying fun 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Sweet. I already did a flight in Norway this evening trying out the cockpit in another plane. Love the realism you have done so I am looking forward to what you have done for the exterior.
Cheers
Trev

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Thanks guys :D I hope you enjoy it :!: and that it lives up to my expectations :lol:

TreeTops, you can find the exterior here [Edit; Link removed. Updated new one below in next post]

Once I'm done fiddling with the outside view, I will recompile the files so they are available in the two dds formats. For now this VC is 888-8. Please let me know if it creates any problems with performance.
Last edited by crazac on 10 Jun 2017, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Alright :!: She is now complete and I'm so pumped on how this came out. :!: I spent so much time making it, I need to go fly it. :mrgreen:

After a bunch of research and testing, and for the record, I have decided to stick with DXT5 on this, so, it shouldn't be to hard on performance. The visual difference was negligible to 888-8. Dxt1 however, was crap imo. If anyone wants needs it in dxt1, let me know.

Cockpit only can be had here, https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B10II ... TdnWWJHMlU

If you want the entire ship, you can get it here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B10II ... zZOMGFzcWs Also DXT5. Again, minor difference in the exterior paint and I actually thought 5 looked better than 888. Note, this is using Bomber_12th's gauges. I will also be updating the wip thread with this at some point soon.

I'd be curious to know the performance in P3D V4 if anyone is willing to share.

Have fun.

Last edited by crazac on 16 Jun 2017, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Lush, but it does make the seats and stick look like they've just been replaced. Any chance of a scratched, split seat and some paint missing from the grip? :wink:

THAT's how I know most Harvards - even the ones with pristine exteriors and fresh paint! Although I have seen the odd pilot use a blanket on the sills to protect it from scuffs and scrapes. Some very odd pilots! :D

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Ok, you twist my arm. :lol:

The seat has been on my mind for that. It does stand out.

I'll add more to the stick to. However, I was under the impression that the grip was rubber, or, not metal. I have seen metal ones but, this looks molded. I did try to wear it out a little, but, wasn't really happy with how it was turning out. If you or someone can confirm the material, I'll give it another go.

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

How's this for the seat?
Bucket at least. Seeing as you would probably have a seat pack chute, I went with a less worn pad. Also, the ones that I have seen that are ballistic nylon, or cordura, seem to have a rubbed effect. We'll call it active, not old. :P

Since this is for Tailspin 45 and flying in a more modern era, I left the grip as rubber. I like the idea of a pistol grip, and after some research, it seems like there is both metal and rubber. I could be wrong tho. That said, actual period stuff would probably be metal. So, when I do the green interior conversion, I will add the metal chipping to the grip. :wink:

The above links have been updated. :mrgreen: Happy Friday.

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Green Interior done and available here.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B10II ... XlzTXJFTGc

I hope you enjoy it. :mrgreen:

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

Haven't had a chance to post here until now, but as the guy who owns the butt that spent the better part of 1000 hours in that cockpit, I can tell you it feels like home.

It's a work of art, and a measure of that is I sent screenshots to a couple of the other guys who flew this aircraft and they thought they were photos!

When we sold our business and the aircraft I didn't think I'd ever have a chance to fly a Texan again, but now I do almost every day.

I'm deeply indebted for the time and effort put into this masterpiece.

Thank you isn't enough.
Blue skies and tailwinds

new reply

Return to “Repainters”