Civilian Mustang - too many issues to enjoy :( [RESOLVED]

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Re: Civilian Mustang - too many issues to enjoy :(

Post by sloppysmusic »

"I had similar problem with a Carenado a/c, It was the rudder trim I suggest looking at that and mapping a button to "centre rudder""

Rudder trim is certainly showing as ZERO in tooltips over trim wheel. In the 1 of 2 times I got off the ground I used the trim wheel to stay in the air.
Which is interesting....so the trim wheel can influence plane yaw but the rudder itself cannot. Obviously cant use it for take off as need constant fine adjustments
unless...as a desperate measure I COULD map the rudder pedals to the rudder trim and use FSUIPC to calibrate a fast slope. I KNOW the rudder trim affects plane for sure.
Kind of a real bodge but it might just work...

be loading it up and trying CTR+D in 30 mins or so after done some work. I dont know how to see if its ON as never used it before outside PMDG planes. Apart from rudder not working that is...

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

Well hmmmm...just checked my cherokee/comanche input configurators and....the A/P disconnect yoke button in plane is mapped to......
....CTRL+D....

(I use FSUIPC to map CTRL + D to left trigger on CH Yoke - which links to the A2A planes thru IC. As I only ever press the yoke button and never the key combo it never crossed my mind before)

Never affected any handling before BUT..agreed looks like a massive red flag in this case.

Will get back in 30..fingers crossed..

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

OK, nice try..was worth a shot..but no dice :(

Redefined YD keys to be CTRL SHIFT \ (so impossible to accidentally activate)

rolled Mustang slowly down runway. Toggled YD on and off (no idea if it was doing anything - no screen confirmation)

no effect at all..still no response to rudder input either thru tailwheel or airflow.

At least i know 110% now I have no rudder..BECAUSE...IF there was a rudder the YD would have made a difference surely?

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Honestly, at this point, I'm out of ideas beyond a reinstall of the simulator, or the other extreme options you were not willing to try.
ImageImage
ImageImage

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

"the other extreme options you were not willing to try."
Cody, me too. Although looking at my list below i think I broke some of those rules too

As my entire system/fsx and every other plane is working perfectly I am willing to do the following:

make any changes to A2A mustang install/setup itself. CHECK
make any changes to A2a accusim, whether product specific or global CHECK
make any changes to the mustang-specific FSUIPC config (including deleting its entries in FSUIPC ini file) CHECK
use a2a IC partly or entirely. CHECK
delete any unwanted axis assignments in FSX control settings CHECK

things i am NOT willing to do:
make any changes to FSUIPC settings that dont relate solely to the mustang CHECK (removed/disabled it)
make any FSX setting changes (other than control removal) CHECK DONE - ADDED/REMOVED AXIS
touch the FSX.cfg at all ACTUALLY I WOULD DO THIS..BACKING THIS FILE UP IS EASY -
remove or change setup of any other a2a planes including their aircraft specific accusim installs CHECK - ALTERED INPUT CONFIG FOR YAW DAMPER (GOOD THING ANYWAY TO DO THAT)

Obviously reinstalling the simulator would be ridiculous.

I DID ask for a refund right at the start of this thread, but patiently listened and responded to suggestions (other people ran out of patience with me however). I will ask for it again now.
I notice that taildragger I mentioned earlier is 50% off so will get that to restore my sanity and get my rudder back.

I DO want to buy more A2A products, and just write this one off.

I forgot about the P40. I'd be happy with that. The most recent A2A military plane before they did the Civs? i'd take a straight swap for that.

BTW The Razorback product page prompts me to download an swf file as soon as I click the page link. Might want to get rid of that might look like a virus to others.

TO conclude
Dear A2A could I have a refund for this product please. After which I will purchase the P40 (and another devs plane _ deserve 2 after all this!)
Or credit me so I can switch to the P40
Or just switch my license to the P40.

I have just deleted the P51 off my system.

Being so impressed by my 1st 2 planes I had intended to buy ALL your aircraft within a couple years (I set aside a large budget for simming I take it very seriously - $2500 in software addons alone in last 3 months).
If I have any future problems like this which is the quickest way to refund and move on to the next? This is not a way to 'trial' them. i dont do trials. I read reviews then buy.

Look forward to moving on and getting a new Accusim plane ASAP!

cdfi
Senior Airman

Re: Civilian Mustang veers to left on takeoff

Post by cdfi »

I had a similar problem in the past where the airplane began to roll to the left and I could level it out but as soon as
I let go the joystick, it kept rolling to the left.

It turned out that my rudder foot pedal (1-axis device) had been installed in the system as a 4-axis, 4-button joystick.
Hence the other 3 axes and 4-buttons were unused and basically floating in space. In this condition, if an electrical
degradation occurs, these floating axes can peg to the max, same as if a joystick had been pushed to the max position in xy.
So if you are flying in the sim, the game software saw my other primary joystick in centered position, but it also saw this second
non-existent joystick moved in full deflection. When this occurred, the airplane veered to the left uncontrollably.
(I could not compensate for the floating inputs with calibration. The axis simply pegged at random during calibration.)

It's possible that a similar condition could be happening to your rudder axis, that some other phantom deflection of the
rudder from another device is occuring even though your primary rudder control is centered.

cdfi

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

"It's possible that a similar condition could be happening to your rudder axis, that some other phantom deflection of the
rudder from another device is occurring even though your primary rudder control is centered."

cdfi, it would appear that way. No extra controllers/axis are detected by FSX or FSUIPC when I select rescan. No other planes are affected.
except AFTER using the Mustang, on 2 occasions other planes have had 'carry over'. Where their handling was affected on the next flight IF loaded
after ditching the P51. This behavior disappeared once P51 was no longer used. This was noted earlier in the thread.
(Comanche death roll to left after takeoff UNTIL gear raised right after P51 flight).

If it was permanent and the same in all planes it would be easy to diagnose. All planes great till P51 installed. Ive been running FSX for 10 years with hardware, and being
a PC expert (ex-professional) I have always had my controls NAILED down and sweet, calibrated so my toes and fingers could fly the planes.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

This is just one of those problems where I wish I could sit at your computer. I'm sure I could figure it out, but over the internet it can be frustratingly difficult to diagnose stuff like this.

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

sloppysmusic wrote:I'm sure you're not an idiot, and I'm convinced there is a problem with your Mustang.
Just be advised that my comment on torque roll is simply addressing the issue generally and in no way is meant to relate to the issue you are having in the sim.
I have our P51 installed and I can not replicate the issue so at least we have to assume that the issue isn't a global issue.
Hang in. I'll take a look at your film when it comes up on line.
DH

Thank you! It means a lot to be believed!

Here is the video. I manage to show all control surfaces working during take off attempts, fuel balanced, procedures adhered to, if not perfected at all.

https://youtu.be/SOHxAQtYJvw

Not only could I not take off, I could not close to speed,power or direction for takeoff. I think 100 yards down runway is best I managed at 40 knots.

If you get bored seeing me crash endlessly, go to 13:00 to see me zoom out so you can see what the cockpit controls are doing while all this is happening.
I posted a small comment under your video. Am I the only one here worried about this "Damage N/A" status in the Accusim popup ?

EDIT: here is how it should look like. It should show ON or OFF. If it shows N/A, then it means something went wrong with your Accusim installation, which could explain why your aicraft is uncontrollable.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Daube wrote:Am I the only one here worried about this "Damage N/A" status in the Accusim popup ?
Well - you're probably the only one that's noticed it, but yes, it would definitely seem to indicate there was an issue with the installation. Well spotted! :)

Nick

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

Thats interesting...I had no idea what its supposed to look like so completely missed that. Have to check if its there on my other 2 planes. Believe I posted the install.log earlier on here? Maybe for plane not accusim tho.

I did try installing the plane but without accusim. Still had issues. All the usual panels were there too. Never had a plane from A2A without AS so Im not sure what exact differences are, just that I 'feel' the planes more. Except this one of course. Installed as admin. Is there an install.log?

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

I guess some extensive "cleanup" of anything Accusim-related is going to be required in your case, before trying to make a proper reinstall of your A2A planes.
Probably something is remaining there instead of being uninstalled, and then it creates the problems for each new installation. I mean, that's just my guess.
But one thing is absolutely sure: Accusim does not work at all on your computer at the moment.

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... us#p307915

Found this when searching for accusim n/a.

"I tried hard doing takeoffs full realism, but no joy. I've moved the realism settings to the middle and will worked them to the right until the 51 is again, uncontrollable. Gotta find that sweet spot."

I dont want to mess with my realism settings, but mainly as I have NO rudder, rather than cant control it. I'm not the first person then who literally cant fly this bird for some hardware/software reason.

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Another question, sorry if you had already answered to it in the past: have you tried reinstalling SimConnect ?
SimConnect is usually the main source of problems for Accusim.
You have FSX Steam, right ? Then you might want to retrigger the SimConnect.msi install program that is located into the FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK

For example, in my FSX-Steam, the full path looks like this:
G:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

sloppysmusic wrote:http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... us#p307915

Found this when searching for accusim n/a.

"I tried hard doing takeoffs full realism, but no joy. I've moved the realism settings to the middle and will worked them to the right until the 51 is again, uncontrollable. Gotta find that sweet spot."

I dont want to mess with my realism settings, but mainly as I have NO rudder, rather than cant control it. I'm not the first person then who literally cant fly this bird for some hardware/software reason.
Forget about that. You won't need to touch your realism settings, this is not the source of your troubles.
Realism settings should be a full right, with some options disabled as described in the documentation (like, disable auto mixture and such).

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”