Post by Tomas Linnet »

Wow
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

addman
Staff Sergeant

Re: Finished Connie Paints

Post by addman »

Magnificent Mattias! I'm all over it. :lol:

/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

Manor
Senior Airman

Post by Manor »

That sounds great, glad you like it! 8)

Henning
Airman First Class

Post by Henning »

just what i waiting for,thanks a lot,hope you get a long life, i love this repaint :mrgreen:

Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar: C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS, J3 Cub, T6, P40, Connie, ?

Manor
Senior Airman

Post by Manor »

Henning wrote: just what i waiting for,thanks a lot,hope you get a long life, i love this repaint :mrgreen:
Thanks for those kind words, the best to you too! :)

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Javis
Airman

Post by Javis »

skyhawk wrote:KLM "Utrect" has landed. Download link: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/vcmb8p

Thanks very much, Gunnar, utterly beautiful !! :D

T'is true though that during that livery period KLM birds flew with "The Flying Dutchman" on the port side and the dutch translation, i.e. "De Vliegende Hollander", on the starboard side. Here's a photo of PH-LDE from 1958 :

Possible to amend that, Gunnar ? Would be fantastique !

Btw, for all Connie afficionados : check out the photo above. See anything quite peculiar ??....

Cheers,
Jan

Javis
Airman

Post by Javis »

Excellent job, Mattias ! Looks absolutely marvelous ! :D

While fictional it brings back many memories. Thanks a lot for that ! 8)

Cheers,
Jan

Javis
Airman

Post by Javis »

taildraggin68 wrote:Worn VC...get it here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8jEr ... jZrbHpONm8
Many thanks for your wonderful worn VC's, Scott ! 8)

I've got the blue and green version sofar. I was hoping to see the dark green panel (that you posted a piccie of a few days ago) in the green version but it looks like that didn't come thru ?.....

Any chance you'll make that available sooner or later ?.....

Thanks much again !

Cheers,
Jan

skyhawk
Senior Airman

Post by skyhawk »

Javis wrote:
skyhawk wrote:KLM "Utrect" has landed. Download link: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/vcmb8p

Thanks very much, Gunnar, utterly beautiful !! :D

T'is true though that during that livery period KLM birds flew with "The Flying Dutchman" on the port side and the dutch translation, i.e. "De Vliegende Hollander", on the starboard side. Here's a photo of PH-LDE from 1958 :

Possible to amend that, Gunnar ? Would be fantastique !

Btw, for all Connie afficionados : check out the photo above. See anything quite peculiar ??....

Cheers,
Jan
Thanks a lot Jan.

I had a quite a few questions while painting the "Utrecht" livery.
I only had one photo as reference, and this photo tells a lot about what I was wondering of.
The textures will be updated ASAP. I will also add the letters DE to the gear bay doors (like shown on the photo above)
It may appear like the anti-glare over the nose is KLM blue rather than black (but not sure). Any info about that? It also seems like the overhead cockpit windows are missing.
And finally, is the nose cone grey instead of polished metal? Lots of details, but I would like to correct as much as possible.

BTW - the photo I used did not show the cargo pod, and what happened to the prop blades on the outer engines? :D

Last edited by skyhawk on 11 Jan 2017, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 standard/P3D v4.5/v5/Win10/ASUS Z67 I7 2600K 4.4 GHz (OC)/32GB DDR3 1600MHZ/msi GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Some Panel color options for the Connie http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 33&t=58010

See thread for DL link and more Pics 8)

Javis
Airman

Post by Javis »

skyhawk wrote:
Thanks a lot Jan.

I had a quite a few questions while painting the "Utrecht" livery.
I only had one photo as reference, and this photo tells a lot about what I was wondering of.
The textures will be updated ASAP. I will also add the letters DE to the gear bay doors (like shown on the photo above)
You're very welcome, Gunnar. Glad the photo is of some help to you. And thanks very much for the update, that's just wonderful ! :D
It may appear like the anti-glare over the nose is KLM blue rather than black (but not sure). Any info about that ?
It is both, Gunnar. Most of the area is indeed KLM blue but the actual matt black anti-glare patch just in front of the windshield (as f.i. can be seen on the default TWA Connie) is also kept.
It also seems like the overhead cockpit windows are missing.
That's correct. I believe they were only used on the L-049 and not seen again on the L-749 and all further versions.
And finally, is the nose cone grey instead of polished metal? Lots of details, but I would like to correct as much as possible.
I'd keep it bare metal, Gunnar.
BTW - the photo I used did not show the cargo pod, and what happened to the prop blades on the outer engines? :D
Hehe... well spotted ! That's the 'peculiarity' i was asking about. :)

It looks pretty remarkable but actually wasn't that unusual. Not easy to see but notice that also the outer starboard engine has the flattop prop blades applied. That was the only mandatory condition, the engines that used the alternate props must be in sync.

Looking forward to the updated 'Utrecht' livery, Gunnar ! Thanks a lot again ! :D

Cheers,
Jan

Javis
Airman

Post by Javis »

taildraggin68 wrote:Some Panel color options for the Connie http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 33&t=58010

See thread for DL link and more Pics 8)
Wow!!! Just what the doctor ordered ! Thank you so much, Scott ! That's just brilliant ! 8)

Oh, btw, hope you don't mind me keep on nagging but what about the gauge glass reflections, Scott ? Are you going to integrate them in your worn panel textures sooner or later ? ( it's an unusual way of drawing them inside the bezels but pretty clever just the same, huh... :)

Cheers,
Jan
Last edited by Javis on 11 Jan 2017, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”