P-47 ROCKET TUBES

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
HAROLD SCHECKEL JR
Airman First Class

P-47 ROCKET TUBES

Post by HAROLD SCHECKEL JR »

HOW DO I GET RID OF THE P-47'S ROCKET TUBES WHEN I FLY?
IV'E TRIED EVERYTHING BUT NOTHING WORKS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
THANKS
HAROLD

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Unless they changed it .... there should be an icon in the 2d panel that turns them on and off.

Good Luck
Snuffy

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

I don't believe it's there in the WWIIF version, as they use an abbreviated and generic panel. If you know how to make a gauge via xml (or more properly, how to install one), the following that I've been using since the orignal's upgrade, will make the rocket tubes DEFAULT to off. In the case of the original P-47, that means you need to hit the 2D toggle to put them on initially. In the case of the WWIIF P-47, you need to disable the gauge to get them back....
  • <Gauge Name="Rockets off" Version="1.0">
    <Element>
    <Select>
    <Value>(L:RO_init,bool) 0 ==
    if{ (L:RocketNoVis,bool) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:RocketNoVis,bool) }
    1 (>L:RO_init,bool) }
    </Value>
    </Select>
    </Element>
    </Gauge>
(short instructions... cut and paste the info above to a text file and name that text file "off.xml", then make a directory off of either your P-47 gauge directory _or_ the main FS9 gauge directory and call that "rockets" Then make an addition to the [Vcockpit01] section of the P-47 panel.cfg like so...

gaugeXX=rockets!off, 0,0,1,1

...and finally replace the "XX" with the next sequential number in your panel.cfg)

BM357_TinMan
Senior Airman

Post by BM357_TinMan »

Load outs (bombs, drop tanks, rocket tubes etc) should probably be selectable from the a/c menu. That is, if a plane (like the p47 for instance) can carry bombs, rockets, and fuel pods, then there should be a p47 in the menu that reflects each conceivable combination. That is, if there is no way to select a load out in FS9.

Just a suggestion to the devs

TynMahn

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

Disagreement.

(I'd rather have one model that I can drop the tanks & bombs IN-FLIGHT, rather than have to switch to another model in-flight. In this case, I believe it was a simple oversight.)

BM357_TinMan
Senior Airman

Post by BM357_TinMan »

You'd still be able to drop ext tanks and bombs in flight but you'd be able to choose the loadouts pre-spawn as well

Rotorhead
Airman Basic

Now how about the bombs?

Post by Rotorhead »

-E

I was able to get rid of the rockets with your help. How do I get rid of the bombs on the P-47 now? Make a guage for them also?

Rotorhead

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

P-47 Rocket Tubes!

Post by cflord »

Harold,

Download the Version 1.1 update to the P-47. On the 2D panel there is now an icon to drop the rocket tubes. On the lower portion of the instrument panel, in the 3D cockpit are the releases for the bombs and belly tank. You can now fly slick wing if you wish. You do not have to change airplanes to fly slick wing.

Keep the shinny side up and the dirty side down!

Cliff
Ret SMSGT C-130 Flight Engineer :wink:

BM357_TinMan
Senior Airman

Post by BM357_TinMan »

Guys,

All I was saying was, it would be nice if they did like they did for the P51D/H package and had different loadouts available from the a/c selection menu.
BM357_TinMan
My planes of interest:
109E4
P51B/C/D
Would love to see WoP planes in X-Plane

-E
Senior Airman

Re: Now how about the bombs?

Post by -E »

Rotorhead wrote:-E

I was able to get rid of the rockets with your help. How do I get rid of the bombs on the P-47 now? Make a guage for them also?

Rotorhead
Bombs were/are too easy to drop using the key command, so I didn't do a gauge for that. (I just make sure I'm in the VC when I drop them, so I don't make myself cringe when they embed themselves in the ground. Even knowing they need to fall "so far" to arm. *grin*). Another reason I didn't make a gauge is that the key command that needs to be triggered, is/may be different on every FS9 installation (it's blank by default in FS9).

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”