is it realy worth buying it?

The "Queen of the Skies"
stingray
Airman

is it realy worth buying it?

Post by stingray »

Hello Gents,

I hope you don t get me wrong, but I see no big difference to the Stratocruiser. All technical equipment ( besides DME ) is similar to the B 377. The B 377 even has a altitude hold function which the Connie has not! can not believe it. The 377 is about 20 years older in develepment!

I relly want to get the Connie but only cause of better looking and maybe 50 knots more speed! I dont know! COTS is pretty much the same isnt it?

I have all A2A aircraft ( except of the mil. mustang and spitfire ) but I am not sure to get the Connie cause I own the Stratocruiser.

merry christmas

Peter

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: is it realy worth buying it?

Post by n421nj »

I thought the b377 was faster than the connie?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

Hey Peter,

All personal preference. I like the 377 but the Connie just seems nicer and I believe the AI for the crew might be better as well. I only have one flight in the Connie but then had to put her in the hanger for a couple of days so not a lot of experience to go by, but I am very happy I got her.

I guess in a lot of ways the other A2A planes are fairly similar to each other yet many of us have a number of them. Somewhat similar situation.

Not sure how to answer your question. You would know yourself, what you are looking for, and what you get out of sim flying the best. Anything we relate will just be our own preferences and choices which may or may not be appropriate for you. If you aren't sure if it would be of interest, maybe you should just wait and see how you feel later. It's free and no refunds needed.
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

I think what it boils down to is if you really have that nutty plane thing, need to compare and try, It is as easy as that, I, one off the many here, if you want to know about the aircraft, you simply don't buy one book, you buy eight, me also had a small connection tho not the early variant, again like many of us here also its a collectors item and a must have.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

stingray wrote:Hello Gents,

I hope you don t get me wrong, but I see no big difference to the Stratocruiser. All technical equipment ( besides DME ) is similar to the B 377. The B 377 even has a altitude hold function which the Connie has not! can not believe it. The 377 is about 20 years older in develepment!

I relly want to get the Connie but only cause of better looking and maybe 50 knots more speed! I dont know! COTS is pretty much the same isnt it?

I have all A2A aircraft ( except of the mil. mustang and spitfire ) but I am not sure to get the Connie cause I own the Stratocruiser.

merry christmas

Peter
I'll submit the following if I may.

Although the two liners were period aircraft the Connie was heads and shoulders above anything yet designed at the time.
The team spent tons of time differentiating between these two aircraft. You should see that in very subtle differences between the two.
In fact, the team considers the Connie the hardest project yet done by A2A.
I hope you enjoy her.
Dudley Henriques

aeronauta
Senior Airman

Post by aeronauta »

Will the P3D version have a free upgrade to 64bit SIM?...

Jorge

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Dudley.
Flown her twice now , trying to get the correct control feel/response , though the FSUIPC , made the mistake of puting the ail/ele/rud through FSUIPC calibration setting , it made the controls hyper sensitive , now they still go through FSUIPC , but as FSX controls , with a slope of 5 for ail/rud slope 4 for ele , she flys really nice now , already got 2.9hrs on her just setting up the controls , she is a beaut , and you can tell the loving care that all the A2A team have put into her , i can almost smell the fumes from the exhausts.
regards alan. 8)

Nixon
Airman First Class

Post by Nixon »

Hi
When I first heard that A2A were simulating the Connie, I thought that as I owned the Stratocruiser COS, I would give it a miss.

I changed my mind because I could install the GTN650. My idea is to carry on navigating the Stratocruiser "the old fashioned way" and use the Connie as it would be flown today. I also hope that by simplifying the navigation that I can spend more time on the engineer's panel.

So once I have some spare time after Xmas I will buy the Connie.

Regards
Nixon

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Post by wothan »

stingray wrote:Hello Gents,

merry christmas

Peter
This is a question You could ask about all FS Aircraft addons.

"If I have the C-172, do I need the C-185 or Comanche ?"

To some degree You only need one GA Aircraft, one 4 engined Vintage Airliner etc...

Personally I always liked the Constallation, but since no proper "Connie" where available when the B-377 Stratocruiser was released I bought that in order to try flying a realistic 4 engined vintage aircraft. Now the Constallation has been released, and even if it resembles much if the same procedures, its still fifferent enough, compared to the B-377 to not leave me in doubt whether I should buy the Constallation or not.
When I like to do basic flying, I turn to A2A Aircraft, cause A2A "basic" flying means "complex" procedures.

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

If you're one for flying 'real' routes, the Connie will give you more options. Many (most?) Strat routes involved many hours over the brine. While the Connie did the same, there were more relatively short haul routes.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Henning
Airman First Class

Post by Henning »

buy it, try it, love it, im so fallen in love with connie. :P
Last edited by Henning on 25 Dec 2016, 06:20, edited 1 time in total.

Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar: C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS, J3 Cub, T6, P40, Connie, ?

stingray
Airman

Post by stingray »

Good morning Gents,

oh yes, It was worth buying her!!! I did it and I am impressed! Though I opened the Topic I can answer now myself! it is definitly worth it! Thanks A2A and thanks all of you for your advice.

merry christmas again from Germany

Peter

Henning
Airman First Class

Post by Henning »

stingray wrote:Good morning Gents,

oh yes, It was worth buying her!!! I did it and I am impressed! Though I opened the Topic I can answer now myself! it is definitly worth it! Thanks A2A and thanks all of you for your advice.

merry christmas again from Germany

Peter
good,happy flight with connie

Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar: C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS, J3 Cub, T6, P40, Connie, ?

augapfel
Airman Basic

Post by augapfel »

For me it was worth it. I own the 377 but without CotS but the 377 is more like a pretty nice girl with yellow teeth. The Connie is the beauty itself.

jwenting
Airman First Class

Post by jwenting »

Is it worth it?
Is anything worth it?

After all, it's just pixels on a computer screen, no different from any other pixels on a computer screen.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”