What else are you playing?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Hi all, I have a confession to make......I've not used FSX on my rig for 2 months!!! :shock:
I bet all the oil in all my A2A birds has congealed !

Thing is, I keep finding so many epic games!

Prison Architect

No Man's Sky

Cities Skylines

And now Kerbal Space Programme <---Just wow!

KSP is probably the best game/sim I've ever played, a bit late to the party I know, only brought it at the weekend.
The realism and difficulty makes it so epic!

And then there was the whole mystery Alien message decoded in Elite Dangerous (which was featured on the BBC!) and now the discovery of a crashed Alien ship.

I just don't have enough time to play all the above games, I can wholeheartedly recommend them all!

Feel free to ask about any of them.

J
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Re: What else are you playing?

Post by Daube »

If I'm not in FS (well, P3D more exactly), then I'm playing some Elder Scrolls games.
For my space and Sci-Fi addiction, I use Star Citizen.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Any spare time not spent on P3D is chewed up on the lathe and milling machine making Spitfire parts. Haven't played another computer game or simulation for 5-6 years I guess!
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

I am also frankly addicted to KSP! I spend a lot of time trying to make approximations of real-world aircraft in it. Haven't really spent much time in space in the game, come to think of it. ;)

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

Bosko
Airman First Class

Post by Bosko »

Kerbal Space Program is great. The best I've done is successfully land on Mun, but couldn't make it back home lol. Designing rockets is definitely addicting.

I also play a couple survival games, The Forest and 7 Days to Die. They are fun if you enjoy the genre.

-Brendan
A2A T-6, Comanche, C182, C172, P51 Civilian, B377, Cub.

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

If i am not Simulating Flying, then i play DayZ, although not that much anymore, Insurgency gives better thrills nowadays wihtout running 3 hours in the woods :) .. I had my fix of KSP, loved it, gonna play it again someday but not for a while. Went to moons, made a spacestation, that was enough for me for now...

I also have Hearts of Iron 3 and Prison Architech, both waiting for their first start up :D will happen this autumn..

Generally though i mostly play realistic FPS games or flight sims.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
It depends on what mood i am in , as to weather or not to play on my pc , which has well as fsx i have silent hunter 5 , which is very hard to play,as well as a bit of luck, or if i play on my ps3 , then i play things like call of duty or assassins creed black flag.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I've a pretty hefty steam library and tend to wonder around them quiet often so not to get burnt out given that its easy to do when working in the field you enjoy. So I mix up my simming with some combat simming, and tbh all sorts of games. Also play some local CO-OP with the mrs too using a couple xbox controllers and the laptop.

Most recently been enjoying Project cars every Sunday online with a few guys and using my VR headset and then late Sunday early Monday morning some serious iRacing trying to learn and get my head around Oval racing which Ive managed to do and now thoroughly enjoy running 125 lap races etc with the league I'm in.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Yup, KSP is amazing :D I managed my second orbit today in career mode, after many many failed attempts lol!
I was having trouble with my burn for the orbit, I was manually steering and going up to steep so I couldn't set my periapsis and apoapsis correctly.
I sorted it out with 3 huge SRB's and a pilot to use SAS on the progade marker!

I had to test radial decouplers at 510,000 meters, job done!
I got up there so fast I only needed a 7 second burn :shock:
The little kerbal dude looked to be enjoying it though lol!

Learnt so much already, the training missions are great, and I descoverd Scott Manley's awesome tutorials on YouTube.

For science! o7

J
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Found a copy of GTA V for XBox 360 at a flea-market a while back (yes, I know I'm late to the party) for like 10€. Best 10€ ever spent! I still can't grasp how in the world they fit so much game on to just one Xbox 360 disc and also how well the 360 actually runs it. I remember buying GTA III back when it had just released like 15 years ago, it was such a revelation of a game back then and GTA V manages to captivate just as much. There's so much to do besides the main story it's beyond ridiculous, buy stocks, get your own private air/ -heliport, rob armoured cars, get drunk, get high, just to mention some of all the stuff you can do. It's the perfect opposite of flightsimming and it's mind-numbingly fun.
Cheers!/Andreas

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

If I'm not playing FSX then I play the following:

Hearthstone (Mobile)
Crusader Kings 2
Elite: Dangerous

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

:D My fave game is Adobe Illustrator and Photo-shop with a little InDesign :P

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

KSP is amazing. I played it quite a bit before the career mode was added, starting a space station and reaching Mun and Minmus, but didn't get far since... it's one for the future. I already play it with my son (aged 5), but so far we only get as far as deliberately crashing large rockets into the vehicle assembly building and watching the fireworks, or jettisoning all stages before we even clear the tower!

But oh dear, where to begin with these nuisance 'other games'?!

My round-the-world Comanche flight was put on hold due to a real life holiday and other busy events, but thanks to 'other games' I've yet to get back to it... :oops:

Despite thinking I'd grown out of shooters, I'm enjoying the new DOOM greatly. But then I grew up on the original and can't help but derive great satisfaction in slaying some demons. Also on the go are Skyrim (curse the so-called "friend" that bought me that in a sale! :wink: ), This War of Mine, Anno 2070 in the main.

Then there are the perennial games which I'll be in and out of for many years; KSP, Arma 3, DCS, Rise of Flight, Assetto Corsa, Spintires - anything which could be considered sandbox-y.

I don't buy games often, but still have quite a list either started or on hold, which I won't even mention! Steam is like a window shopping experience you simply can't get away from :D I'm trying to resist the all-too-frequent sales with delights like Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Factorio, XCOM, all the Total War games, Stellaris and so on... I see many of my friends can't resist though...

"Lewis now owns 6 more games..." :lol:

Martyn

spork
Staff Sergeant

Post by spork »

Mostly Hearts of Iron 4 and Arma 3 for me, although this week I'm going to binge on the BF1 open beta.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

When I'm not using FSX, I'm either using Falcon 4 BMS or IL2.

When I take a break from flight simming I go to Combat Mission usually via PBEM against a good friend of mine who has found pathways into the deepest corners of my tactical mind. :)

Every now and then I'll resume a campaign on SH3 with GWX.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”