Cockpit choice?

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Cockpit choice?

Post by francesco.doenz »

Was just wondering why all texan cockpits are unused looking, brand new? I find a worn out cockpit, especially for warbirds, is more immersive than a new looking one?! The wornout cockpits of the Spits are an example of immersive cockpits...may be I am the only one feeling like it, or at least a minority?
and then, why is it possible to make new repaints, but never repainted cockpits?
I already posted a few years ago the same question about the P-47!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Cockpit choice?

Post by Scott - A2A »

It's in the same condition of the ones we fly today, which is pretty worn and used but well maintained. You can see screenshots here:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 29&t=52500
A2A Simulations Inc.

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

francesco.doenz wrote:and then, why is it possible to make new repaints, but never repainted cockpits?
How many repaints have you looked at? There have been a good number of repaints released with modified cockpit and instrument textures. Others can list theirs - all of my repaints, listed below (available at Avsim, Flightsim, and Sim-Outhouse), have modified interior cockpits (to somewhat/closely match each individual real aircraft), along with re-drawn period-style instruments besides:

jt_a2a_at6_vhtxn.zip
jt_a2a_at6_n29931.zip
jt_a2a_at6_n7090c.zip
jt_t6_353rd_v2.zip
jt_t6_craig_field_v2.zip
jt_t6_fof_v2.zip
jt_t6_heave_ho_v2.zip
jt_t6_vh-nzh_v2.zip

And as illustrated here: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 0&start=15
John Terrell

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

As mentioned above, not all of the cockpits are worn out and people do repaint them across the catalog of planes. In the case of the Six, a lot of real cockpits are worn out and you're not alone in wanting that.

Like Bomber_12th, I've been working on a worn out version that can be seen in the following link [using Bomber's gagues]. The only thing I can say is that, it can be more involved, time consuming and (arguably) less glamorous/fun than doing exteriors. Personally, I feel there is just more variety and interest in doing exteriors. And, the stock interior is great.
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 90#p416764

francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Post by francesco.doenz »

Oh sorry! I am confused! Up to now I thought repaints are related to the outside...will go hunting for the worn out interiors, also especially vintage cockpits of the P-47! If someone knows one....
And many many thanks as always for your inputs!!

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”