Finished Repaints

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Finished Repaints

Post by Ron Attwood »

FlexFlier wrote:
Ron Attwood wrote:I think I've done enough T-6s to last me for a while. I'm taking an enforced break while I upgrade my PC. :? :shock:
Good plan. :) Are you planning a move to P3D as well? I'm thinking about it when I either upgrade or, more likely, get a new confuser...er, computer.
I've already got P3D and frankly, I'm not over-enamoured with it. Let's not go there eh?
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Just released, SKHV Current fleet repaintpack.

This packet includes 4 repaints of the current harvard fleet of the SKHV/KluHV (Koninklijke Luchtmacht Historische Vlucht aka Royal Netherlands Air Force Historical Flight). Stationed at Gilze Rijen Airbase in the Netherlands.

Featuring the PH-IIB (B-118), PH-LSK (B-64) PH-MLM (B-71) and PH-TBR (B-182) For more info on the RNLAF Historical Flight please pay a visit to there homepage: https://kluhv.nl/home-eng/

First three are from the RNLAF Flight School (VVO, Voortgezette Vlieg Opleiding) at Gilze Rijen Airbase. The last one is from the so called "BAFO Vlucht" (Photo Flight) stationed at Deelen Airbase until 1967.

The repaints are both on the outside and inside (Virtual cockpit & pilots). As much detail is added as possible, accurate decals/stencils, also the bump-map was modified, some latches removed some other added, also modified the baggage compartment to look more like a Harvard then the Texan one.

Both PH-IIB and PH-LSK are updated since their initial release.

Download is up :arrow: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=195390

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

This repaint of the Dutch LVA (Luchtvaart Afdeling), registration "997".

The real aircraft was not a Texan/Harvard yet it predecessor the NA-16-2H/BC-1. It was brought to the Netherlands by Fokker as "PH-APG"
for demonstration purposes, later received LVA registration "997". It was destroyed by the German invasion in 1940.

Credits:
- Martin "T6flyer" for research
- NL pre-war font by Arjan van de Logt (Nlww2.ttf)

Download: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=195433

Enjoy!

Marcel

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Oh very unusual one, nice job Marcel! I really like the baby blue type colour :)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

That's a preview of what I am working on. Several minor strokes are still required.
It is a fictional soviet livery of WWII. I am not sure if this aircraft was ever supplied via lend-lease program to the USSR, but I thought it would be interesting.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

За Родину! (For Motherland!)

It doesn't look so bad at all ilya1502. Looking forward to see the ready version shots. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

Yes, a lot of Texans were provided to Russia under the lend-lease program (North American also supplied a good number of B-25's to Russia, but never any Mustangs (despite an edited publicity shot showing a P-51A with red stars)).

Although I can't track them down right now, I have seen photos of numerous AT-6F's rolling off production, all with the red stars, as well as other photos of Russian and US marked AT-6's, side-by-side, coming off production all intermixed.

An AT-6F fresh off production (stars on the wings not yet added when these photos were taken):

An AT-6D:

John Terrell

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

My repaint of SNJ-5 N276RB is now available at Sim-Outhouse and will be available shortly from Avsim and Flightsim (file name jt_a2a_at6_n276rb.zip)
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/l ... nkid=21439

This repaint depicts the restored SNJ-5 BuNo. 91008 registered as N276RB to B & B Warbird Aviation Inc. This aircraft was originally produced in 1943 as an AT-6D with the USAAF serial number 44-81471 before being re-designated and re-assigned to the US Navy. The aircraft was restored in the 1980's and was owned for a time by Robert Baranaskas (Warbirds Over Long Island), before being sold to its current owner/pilot, Buzz Cortese (who, I believe, has owned the aircraft for about 10 years now). The aircraft is a common sight at airshows on the east coast/New England region of the United States.

John Terrell

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

John - your repaints are simply awesome. I've been collecting/enjoying them for years! My word, A2A pulled out the stops with the Texan/Harvard didn't they?

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Another stunner John. Those polished paints look awesome on the T-6.

Thanks for sharing!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

MustangL2W
Airman

Post by MustangL2W »

Magnificent John, what a beaut!!

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

Okay, fellow-simmers, grab the livery!
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=195476

Last edited by ilya1502 on 02 Jun 2016, 10:08, edited 2 times in total.

homer339
Airman

Post by homer339 »

Hello all,

Got a request and maybe Bomber_12th can help me out or with his permission.
This repaint is stunning, the combination of chrome and red I really like a lot.
I like this one so much, I would like to dedicate this one to my son who past away ten years ago and would be ten years old this Sunday.

My request: Can one of you help me out with the removal of the text (US Navy, ID's) and the part were it says the pilot name and the ''in memorial of'' other names ?

Pilot Ferry Kerkhof
In memorial of Tygo Jochum

Hope someone can me make a proud owner of a personalized t-6, dedicated to my son.

Thanks in advance !!!!!!

Homer339
Ferry Kerkhof

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

N6972C will be uploaded very soon.

Meanwhile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”