New GA yoke from GoFlight

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
jclay13
Senior Airman

New GA yoke from GoFlight

Post by jclay13 »

GoFlight looks to be releasing a new GA yoke. Have a look here: http://goflightinc.com/store/?model_number=GF-VantEdge

Curious what everyone thinks. I like the GA style of the handle but not sure how smooth it would be on the pitch and roll axis. I like my CH Eclipse and the lack of center detent.

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Re: New GA yoke from GoFlight

Post by Ian Warren »

I have use and deleted my CH yoke , in its day many years back it was superb and replace the previous CH-F-16/combatsim joystick, I have now move too Saitek , one advantage I like with their Yoke/Throttle/Rudder was the simple plug in and play ... one hot spot was the extra button and switch's that can mapped to your aircraft ... 8)

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

For $500 it better have force feedback
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

n421nj wrote:For $500 it better have force feedback

that was my thoughts too

but I doubt it. The GF-Pro Yoke System (737 yoke) doesn't have FF eather.

terrydew
Airman First Class

Post by terrydew »

Look at this one. Full control loading. Wil probably need to get better handle. I have one of the earlier ones and it works great.

https://vs3.irisdynamics.com/

Terry

Bosko
Airman First Class

Post by Bosko »

I think it's a good price point. It's inbetween the pricing of the cheap Saitek/CH yokes and the higher end non-FFB yokes from PFC and VirtualFly. Looks like a nice option for those who want to upgrade their yokes without getting into the $1000 range.

-Brendan
A2A T-6, Comanche, C182, C172, P51 Civilian, B377, Cub.

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

Not sure what happened, the link is bad now.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

I think $500. is a little steep. Some of Saitek stuff is not too special but their yoke with the pitch modification is a good performer. I just saw it at the Flight Sim Store for $150. It is back ordered because of Saitek's production problems. You can order it now for that price and they won't charge you until they ship and you can cancel it anytime if you change your mind in the interim. Take a look at the link and the discussion on the Saitek yoke mods and of course my authoritative comments. :lol: :lol:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 49#p416049

JonasBecsan
Airman First Class

Post by JonasBecsan »

Anyone been able to test the goflight GA-yoke? I'm considering getting it, but only if it doesn't have the centering detents on elevator and aileron axis. Very few reviews out there unfortunately. I've been thinking about getting Yoko the Yoke as well, but seeing this one is cheaper I was wondering if it might be a better option.

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Frooglesim reviewed both, take a look at his channel. He used the 737 yoke but it is the same inside. Google yoko the yoke reviews as well. There are a few out there.
Seems the consensus is yoko is better and has a realistic range of travel. All other desktop yokes seem quite limited in how far they actually move compared to a real ga yoke.

Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

For what it's worth, I have the GoFlight B737 Yoke and really love it. The GoFlight Yoke did cost me a lot of money; however it is simply the best yoke I have ever owned to include the CH and Saitek Yokes (I use to own). Sometimes you truly get what you pay for. I find the GoFlight Yoke to be very responsive and smooth, along with it feeling extremely solid in my yoke hand.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :)

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

terrydew wrote:Look at this one. Full control loading. Wil probably need to get better handle. I have one of the earlier ones and it works great.

https://vs3.irisdynamics.com/

Terry
I was seriously impressed with that yoke....But. Would you get that kind of response through the yoke to stall buffeting in a real aircraft?

Rob/Dudley/Scott/Any other real pilot?
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

JonasBecsan
Airman First Class

Post by JonasBecsan »

So the GF VantEdge GA yoke has the same internal mechanics as the GF Pro yoke? If so, how is the centering on the Pro yoke? Does it stick or is it smooth like Yoko?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Ron Attwood wrote: I was seriously impressed with that yoke....But. Would you get that kind of response through the yoke to stall buffeting in a real aircraft?
It does look nice. Where in the videos did you see a demonstration of stall buffet? I'd rather not watch all of them right now. :)

One thing I can say is that they have extremely low sensitivity on the controls. If I had to move them that much to get a response from a 172 I'd think that the control cables would have come loose! :)

I've only flown two aircraft that had a very noticable stall buffet through the control stick. One was a Zlin 242L. When I pulled back into a stall it felt like it was vibrating at around 10-15 Hz and it was visibly vibrating my hand but not actually moving it anywhere if you understand. It was a little bit stronger than the vibration you feel through the handle of a lawnmower. The second was a Stearman and you could feel vibration in the stick though I haven't flown that aircraft throuh enough stalls to give as much details, it was not as pronounced as the Zlin. The Stearman uses pushrods to link the stick to control surfaces so it "talks" back to you as you go through disturbances in the air.

On a Skyhawk I have never felt buffeting at all, though I have felt some light airframe buffet in a Skylane. Nothing in a Cherokee, J-3 or PA-18.

Bottom line, I wouldn't expect much if any visible movement in the stick due to buffet, I would expect it come from airspeed, trim and environmental changes.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Oracle427 wrote:
Ron Attwood wrote: I was seriously impressed with that yoke....But. Would you get that kind of response through the yoke to stall buffeting in a real aircraft?
It does look nice. Where in the videos did you see a demonstration of stall buffet? I'd rather not watch all of them right now. :)

One thing I can say is that they have extremely low sensitivity on the controls. If I had to move them that much to get a response from a 172 I'd think that the control cables would have come loose! :)

I've only flown two aircraft that had a very noticeable stall buffet through the control stick. One was a Zlin 242L. When I pulled back into a stall it felt like it was vibrating at around 10-15 Hz and it was visibly vibrating my hand but not actually moving it anywhere if you understand. It was a little bit stronger than the vibration you feel through the handle of a lawnmower. The second was a Stearman and you could feel vibration in the stick though I haven't flown that aircraft through enough stalls to give as much details, it was not as pronounced as the Zlin. The Stearman uses pushrods to link the stick to control surfaces so it "talks" back to you as you go through disturbances in the air.

On a Skyhawk I have never felt buffeting at all, though I have felt some light airframe buffet in a Skylane. Nothing in a Cherokee, J-3 or PA-18.

Bottom line, I wouldn't expect much if any visible movement in the stick due to buffet, I would expect it come from airspeed, trim and environmental changes.
In the video he stalls a Cherokee or somesuch and the yoke vibrates. What you've said is what I suspected. Force feedback isn't really essential in a flight sim. On that note I'd say the GoFlight Vantage looks very promising. I wonder what the shipping costs to the UK.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”