P3D Market Share

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Re: P3D Market Share

Post by Kilstorm »

Scott - A2A wrote:We aren't seeing that trend. Based on the most recent sales, FSX is by far dominating.

Scott.
That is one benefit of offering products specific to the sim version over offering a multi-platform installer which is direct feedback of what a companies customer base is using based off of sales. Thanks for sharing that info as I feel the answer could vary from the different developers and what type of addon each is making.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

terrydew
Airman First Class

Post by terrydew »

Kilstorm wrote:
Scott - A2A wrote:We aren't seeing that trend. Based on the most recent sales, FSX is by far dominating.

Scott.
That is one benefit of offering products specific to the sim version over offering a multi-platform installer which is direct feedback of what a companies customer base is using based off of sales. Thanks for sharing that info as I feel the answer could vary from the different developers and what type of addon each is making.
Out of curiosity would you know if people were buying FSX products and installing in p3d? One of the benefits of Orbx's central system is they get direct feedback on which sim the product is actually being used for? I am trying to understand why someone would still be using FSX. I have used both and the difference is night and day. Is it just the price?

Terry

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Don't forget that any of the products bar the recent ga and t6 are fsx only even if they are being used in prepar3d so sales of those are not a reliable indicator.

Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

terrydew wrote:
Out of curiosity would you know if people were buying FSX products and installing in p3d? One of the benefits of Orbx's central system is they get direct feedback on which sim the product is actually being used for? I am trying to understand why someone would still be using FSX. I have used both and the difference is night and day. Is it just the price?

Terry
Im a P3Dv3.2 strictly user myself but unlike Orbx and other addons, the A2A planes that are designed for FSX that have native P3D installers wont update making them useless in P3D. So while some of the warbirds and other older planes A2A might offer made for FSX can be installed into P3D, not all of them will update and thus A2A does have a good understanding of their customer base on their most recent products.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Kilstorm wrote:
terrydew wrote:

Terry
Im a P3Dv3.2 strictly user myself but unlike Orbx and other addons, the A2A planes that are designed for FSX that have native P3D installers wont update making them useless in P3D. So while some of the warbirds and other older planes A2A might offer made for FSX can be installed into P3D, not all of them will update and thus A2A does have a good understanding of their customer base on their most recent products.
Like you, I only have P3Dv3 in my computer and all my A2A aircraft are updated including the FSX legacy warbirds installed without a P3D dedicated installer. Once in, the updater sees them and updates them. They all have the client.wyc file in an update folder.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

terrydew wrote:Out of curiosity would you know if people were buying FSX products and installing in p3d?
Scott said "Based on the most recent sales". I think it is safe to say that the recent sales are dominated by the Comanche and the T-6. And why would anyone install the FSX version of the Comanche or T-6 in P3D?

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”