Radio Chatter Mods - SoupDragon's + D/L Links

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
SeaVee
BDG

Radio Chatter Mods - SoupDragon's + D/L Links

Post by SeaVee »

Due to the many requests, I went ahead and joined a file hosting site that can accomodate these larger files.

They are Soupdragon's mods of the stock radio traffic made to sound more like 1940's era radio traffic. They are still very clear and intelligible but sound like they are actually coming over an older radio instead of the crystal clear "modern FM radio" quality of the stock ones.

I've been running these mods for a couple of months with absolutely no issues. No one yet that I know of has reported any compatility/technical issues at all.

Sorry it is 6 separate zip files - the D/L site only allows 10MB max per file. The total is about 37 MBs.

After download, unzip each folder and move the contents into the respective BoB II root folders. Backup the original files first in case you want to go back but I doubt you will.

Thanks again SoupDragon, these are a GREAT mod and add a great deal to the sense of immersion!

Hopefully they will get into the 2.04 patch as a user mod. If you think they should be post here after you try them.

Download Links:

RAF Wingmen

RAF Ground Control

RAF Radio Chatter

Luftwaffe Wingmen

Luftwaffe Radio Chatter

Luftwaffe Ground Control
Last edited by SeaVee on 20 May 2006, 06:11, edited 1 time in total.
i7-990X Extreme Edition CPU; 12GB DDR3 RAM; ASRock 58X Deluxe mobo; EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 video card; Corsair HX850W PSU; XFi Titanium; 40” 1920X1080 LCD; MS FFB2; TIR 5 Pro; Logitech MX518 mouse; Logitech Z680 speakers; Buttkicker Gamer

Oli
Senior Airman

Post by Oli »

Thanks SeeVee. :D

thx-1138
Airman

Post by thx-1138 »

Hello SeaVee,

Thank you for the links.

Can these .wav files be played outside BoB2 simulator? For example, can I play them with WinAmp or Windows Media Player?

Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

Nikolai

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

-Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

Thanks a bunch SeaVee. Can't wait to try these out, from what you and others say they should be good.

Thanks to SoupDragon for making these files.

the_soupdragon
BDG

Post by the_soupdragon »

thx-1138
you cant play these files in media player as they are now.
you will need this tool. in order to decompress the files in order to play the wavs in mediaplayer etc. There is doc included with instructions on how to do it.
It is pretty staright forward but if you get stuck just holler.

SD

redband_151
BDG

Post by redband_151 »

Soupdragon,

Thanks again for this excellent mod. It really is one of my favorite for BOB. :D

Is the chat tool fairly easy to use? Any thing special we need to be awre of when using?

Redband

ucanfly
Airman

Post by ucanfly »

Thanks. Liking this mod verry much.

the_soupdragon
BDG

Post by the_soupdragon »

Redband
The tool is easy-peasy to use once you get used to it. But make sure you read the doc file that comes with it as it explans exactly what you need to do, but if you do have any problems let me know and I'll see if I can help.

SD

the_soupdragon
BDG

Post by the_soupdragon »

Oh and SeeVee.
Thanks for hosting the files mate.

SD

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Glad you guys like SoupDragon's mods as much as I did.

No problem on the hosting. The website is a free file hosting site. All you need to do is register (super simple). It only took about 15 minutes to upload the 6 files.

Anyone else that D/Ls the radio chatter mods: If you like them post back here so the Devs see this and they can make a final decision on whether or not to include these as a community mod in the next patch.

PS: I am in Central Florida with some family on a little mini-vacation and don't have access to my PC (I can hear wifey yelling for me to get back out to the pool but I needed my BoB fix :D

When I get back I will upload and post a link or file host another set of sound mod files done by FUSED_SAM. They are a number of bullet hit and ricochet sounds, etc. that are pretty good. These are personal taste and I am not so forceful about the need to include them in any official release as I think the radio traffic mod is.

NOTE: If anyone D/Ls the Fused_Sam mod and is going to use it but also had D/L my modded .303 Gunbrwn machine gun file - if you want to keep my modded file don't overwrite that file name with the one included in FUSED_SAM's pakcage.

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Link to FUSED_SAM's gun sound mods is HERE

See the README file in the uncompressed folder. These go in the SAMPLEHI folder. First backup the old file names in case you want to revert back to the originals.

My variation of the .303 browning machine gun sound. The original is probably truer to the real sound. This one is deeper, less "snare drummy", more jack hammerlike. Copy the file into the SAMPLEHI folder. Backup the original Gunbrwn file in case you want to go back to the original. NOTE: The downloaded file is named incorrectly. After downloading it to your hard drive rename the file Gunbrwn before moving it into SAMPLEHI folder.
LINK to D/L the file.

NOTE: If you use FUSED_SAM's mod it too has a Gunbrwn file mod so if you want the other one just overwrite it in the root folder SampleHI.

ick53993
BDG

Post by ick53993 »

[edited]
Last edited by ick53993 on 12 Jun 2006, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

Smokin256
BDG

Post by Smokin256 »

Hi Soupdragon, I have a quick question for you. Do you happen to remember where the dreaded "Slow down! I can't keep up with you!" etc. are located? I don't see anything in there that would give me a clue which .wav file they are in. Also I understand that in the assorted chattools downloads that is/was available at BoB-Ma.org you could also find where the info line text messages are generated and edit those. Have you had occasion to mess with that at all?

What I'd like to do is change those particular radio calls to blessed silence and change the text message to read "forming up" or something like that.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Cheers...............Smokin256

the_soupdragon
BDG

Post by the_soupdragon »

Smokin256
I think the files you need are in the \other\totopilt\ folder and the files you need to edit are

Totopilt16.wav and Totopilt17.wav

I have editied these files and insrerted silence instead of the "I can't keep up" calls for you to try.
If you download this file then unzip it into your \Other folder in BoB replacing the existing file but making sure you backup your original totopilt.wav file first
then try it and let me know if you have any problems.

As to the info lines, I haven't really looked at that mate to be honest.

SD

Smokin256
BDG

Post by Smokin256 »

Soupdragon, Thank you very much! I will give these a try tonight when I get home. I'm sure they'll work fine.
"As to the info lines, I haven't really looked at that mate to be honest."
Thanks anyway, I'll look into it further when I get a chance.

Very kind of you! Tnanks again!

Cheers.............Smokin256

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”