Finished Repaints

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Re: Finished Repaints

Post by Al FR-153 »

This one is a fictitious bird based on a piece of nose art seen on-line, that was just too good to pass up. She is painted up in two versions, a clean and an oily. She was fictionally stationed at Tachikawa Air Base, Tokyo, Japan circa 1960 and assigned to 5th Air Force, Fuchu Air Station, Tokyo and brought back to the States in my shade 84 duffle bag of memories. (If you are Ex-USAF, you will know what I am saying).

Clean:

DOWNLOAD CLEAN VERSION HERE:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wek38 ... _Clean.zip

Post-Flight Reality - - - Oily

DOWNLOAD OILY VERSION HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x2775 ... F-Oily.zip
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Nice Job Al,

I like the oily version. Seems like it had a hard day at an airshow :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

AT-6D "353rd Fighter Group Hack" G-TDJN (also as N7231C) is available for download here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/l ... nkid=21161
(Will be available at Flightsim.com and Avsim.com by tomorrow, as jt_a2a_at6_353rd.zip)

John Terrell

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Nice Job Al,

I like the oily version. Seems like it had a hard day at an airshow :wink:
Piper.....Over here, we would say she was ridden hard and put away wet.... :lol: And you can take that any way you want considering the nose art.

Al
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

A brief history of G-CTKL can be seen here: http://www.t6harvard.com/G-CTKL_history.html

On AVSIM any time soon or on my MediaFire account now. http://www.mediafire.com/download/nenon ... G-CTKL.zip (cannot, for the life of me, understand why people have trouble with MediaFire :? )

EDIT: Blimey! That was quick. It's up on AVSIM already!
Last edited by Ron Attwood on 30 Apr 2016, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

Superb stuff indeed.....can't thank you enough. The Harvard that changed my life! :)

Martin

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Thank you Ron great as usual.Mind you you took your time didn't you.

Cheers Chris

joshers251
Airman Basic

Post by joshers251 »

Ron Atwood, Are you going to have a go at G-ELMH next?
ImageImage

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi Martin,
I just wanted to know how you are with the T6.After all these years in the back seat how does it feel to fly it from the front seat (albeit simulation)
Cheers Chris

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

speedy70 wrote:Hi Martin,
I just wanted to know how you are with the T6.After all these years in the back seat how does it feel to fly it from the front seat (albeit simulation)
Cheers Chris
I've done one trip from the front in BUKY, but am really enjoying the T-6 as it stands. Have spent almost 10 months working on it for A2A and truly believe we have created a very accurate simulation of the real thing. Can't thank them enough for having me on board with this project and know that we have all worked so hard in creating something which is truly exceptional. I strived to create the most accurate external simulation and working with so many wonderful people and seeing it all from a totally different perspective, think what you see today is the most authentic T-6 to date. Been a wonderful ride and look forward to the future.

I'm very busy with the real thing too and this year should see my 14th airframe flown. Not bad for someone as a little lad just wanted one ride. Must be up to over 100 trips. And all thanks to a lot of people, some of which aided me with this project, when even I was unsure about some technical point or two. T-6 people are all really nice people! :)

Best wishes,

Martin

mangotango
Airman First Class

Post by mangotango »

The N9883C is now ready for release...
I decided to release 3 versions of the N9883C in ORIGINAL, STAR and ORANGE
All of them has its own story and can be read in the HISTORY file - Thanks CAPFlyer for giving me some history.

DL here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ag1rczere0qi3 ... 3.zip?dl=0
Will also be available later at OZX webpage

Enjoy!!! :-)

If someone would be so nice and let me know how to make the texture more matte / dull... The ALPHA channel in the texture file does little to change the texture to matte. And there is a SPEC file with a ALPHA channel included as well and one or the 2 controls the textures shine / matte / dull... But which one is in control? If I delete the SPEC file the texture becomes dull but extremely flat...
Anyone?

N9883C_ORIG
N9883C_STAR
N9883C_ORANGE

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Marvelous, we all know that A2A really do try to get the best out of a model and the many experts combined produce this great stuff.
Thanks Martin for your input and congratulations again to all the A2A team.
Cheers Chris

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

joshers251 wrote:Ron, Are you going to have a go at G-ELMH next?
Sorry, no. :( Unfortunately it looks too much like dozens of others. G-TSIX is next up. I'm surprised no-one has snagged that one.

Ron is good, no need to be so formal. :D

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

speedy70 wrote:Thank you Ron great as usual.Mind you you took your time didn't you.

Cheers Chris
You, young Sir, are a cheeky bugger! :D

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

MangoTango -

First off, I absolutely love that repaint of yours! A very "rat rod" sort of appearance. There is a T-6 based about an hour from me, which I've been around a few times, which has a similar appearance (various patchwork of finishes, though no primer or paint on the metal).

With regard to your question... When it comes to "shine", the main texture alpha channel, as you have found, will do nothing to help you in this regard, as it only controls reflectivity (not shine). For a very matte finish, you will need a dark specular value, and the flatter the finish the darker you'll also want to make the specular alpha value, since the darker the spec alpha, the more wide-spread the specular value will be (darker spec alpha means less concentration/more spread of available specular shine, where as the brighter the spec alpha the more concentrated/focused the shine will be).

(Back, prior to FSX, you could never control 'shine' via textures, as it was an item that could only be controlled via the model material properties.)
John Terrell

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”