T6 - No Spinner

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
DC3
Technical Sergeant

T6 - No Spinner

Post by DC3 »

The upcoming T6 with no spinner, exposing the counterweights on the prop, is so cool. I will probably never install the spinner. I was wondering how many others felt this way.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: T6 - No Spinner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

I'm in the same vein usually. I like the classic look, and seeing into that radial.
ImageImage
ImageImage

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Me me me... And I'm so stoked they pulled it.

The spinner is cool to, but, you just can't fade that rugged look of the bare prop. I will run it off 98% of the time I'm sure. Also, to mention, this is how I know the T6 as a kid.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I think the T-6 looks a lot sleeker without the spinner. So I guess I'll go no spinner also :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

In reality, AT-6 spinners are quite a hot commodity. They usually range in prices between around $4k up to $8k (perfect, chromed examples fetch the highest prices).

They were introduced into late AT-6 production during WWII (with the AT-6F and SNJ-6 (and seen a few times on AT-6D's late in the war)). Of course the spinners are very popular on Texans flying today.

John Terrell

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

The optional feature I'm digging the most, regarding the T-6, is the canopy. The frameless windscreen "racer" option is going to be awesome - to have an unrestricted forward view for approaches and aerobatics, and the fully-framed canopy option for the WWII-era look/repaints (AT-6C/AT-6D/SNJ-4/SNJ-5, etc.).
John Terrell

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

Spinners were often removed from T-6F/SNJ-6s as they hindered maintenance of the propellor. Somehow, they seemed to survive further on the later G variant.

Martin

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Bomber_12th wrote:In reality, AT-6 spinners are quite a hot commodity. They usually range in prices between around $4k up to $8k (perfect, chromed examples fetch the highest prices).

They were introduced into late AT-6 production during WWII (with the AT-6F and SNJ-6 (and seen a few times on AT-6D's late in the war)). Of course the spinners are very popular on Texans flying today.
T6flyer wrote:Spinners were often removed from T-6F/SNJ-6s as they hindered maintenance of the propellor. Somehow, they seemed to survive further on the later G variant.

Martin
Having them gone for military maintenance purposes makes total sense. However, this is a very interesting nuance between them. They were introduced for a reason, then left off for another and today are hot commodities. I suppose that is normal, but, really interesting.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I think it'll totally depend upon the livery I am flying
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

First thing I did was throw on the spinner, like the neater look. I can still see plenty of that nice engine.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Spinners usually make your engine run cooler. Spinners create better airflow into the engine, reducing your CHT. But it's nice that A2A have given us all the option, just like the canopy variations.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zacke »

Does the spinner actually influence the CHT in the A2A T6?

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”