My take on voice activated checklists

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
airworthy
Airman

Re: My take on voice activated checklists

Post by airworthy »

Thanks Paul.
Maybe I should have held off issuing it.........I knew this would happen, but it suddenly occurred to me in the middle of the night, when a file is loaded for editing it gets appended to anything already in the editing window, which is not what is wanted :roll:
Just one very short line added to the code is all that was required to fix this :!:

I've made the change to the code that clears the window in the editor when a file is loaded and have uploaded the revised app to zippyshare.
Ive changed the link in my original post above.....and put it here also.

Edited..........this is the link to the latest version as per the post following
http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/76244138/file.html

PS
I also need to provide the facility to insert a new line into the checklist when editing, at the moment it isn't easy to do that. So another button is required, or maybe I add a menu bar. Watch this space. :)
Last edited by airworthy on 08 Jun 2014, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.

airworthy
Airman

Post by airworthy »

I've done a little work on the Sim Voice Checklists Editor to pick up a couple of minor glitches and add a couple of improvements.
This has made the editor a bit more flexible and in addition has added the ability to export the checklist being edited to an RTF file which will give users the opportunity to print out the checklist as a reference whilst running the checklist in Sim Voice Checklists. Below is a partial screenshot of the RTF opened in WordPad..........

The revised version of the checklist editor can be downloaded here:
http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/76244138/file.html

I welcome any comments or suggestions on possible improvements or any errors encountered in using the app.
Cheers
Paul

SouthPawPaul
Airman First Class

Post by SouthPawPaul »

This is shaping up to be a great addition to the checklist app. Really well done. Superb effort.
ImageImageImage

SouthPawPaul
Airman First Class

Post by SouthPawPaul »

I've (finally) released v0.5

https://code.google.com/p/voice-activated-checklists/ for those that have forgotten :)

1. Added "repeat" keyword to code so dummy repeat entry in checklist file is no longer needed. MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THE DUMMY ENTRY IF YOU HAVE IT!
2. Added ability to keybind to the "repeat" function
3. Attempt to better display large checklists on the "Show Checklist" screen
4. Update activity monitor library to latest version

Hope I got everyone's request and that it works ok for you all.

I've also written a "My take on custom cameras" that I'm thinking of releasing for free too!

ImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great stuff. Wondering about this camera app, would it mess with the pre-flight camera settings in the A2A 172?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

SouthPawPaul
Airman First Class

Post by SouthPawPaul »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Great stuff. Wondering about this camera app, would it mess with the pre-flight camera settings in the A2A 172?

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis. I've just done a quick test of this in P3Dv2 and it seems to behave pretty good. I'm happy to give you a private beta build so you can give it a whirl yourself if you'd like. It was written against the P3D Managed Simconnect SDK so I don't know if it'll work with FSX yet.
ImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks for the offer but unfortunately I'm super busy at the moment due to the release. Ive et to fly the Cherokee for pleasure since release :?

I don't mind waiting for the release of the little app, be interesting to see how you have used simconect and what you have achieved 8)

thanks,
Lewis

fatcharlie
Airman

Post by fatcharlie »

Hi all,

I've only just come across this. It seems awesome!

I have a home-built cockpit and although FS2Crew is great, the FO will insist on changing the position of switches! This means I have to be careful to configure my hardware panels to reflect what they've done.

A voice-activated checklist without any actual panel configuration is exactly what I need! This app is so brilliant!

Snag. When I follow the links, I come to a page which I really don't understand, at the google code archive.

This is a really old post, so I'm fearing the project is now dead and I won't be able to download anything I can use.

Advice, anyone?

Thanks,

Roger.

SouthPawPaul
Airman First Class

Post by SouthPawPaul »

Fear no more Roger, I'm here with some links!

Google has decided that they no longer want to do Google Code so they're winding the site down.

However a very nice chap (also called Paul - are we all nice?) has created a website that gives the download links that used to be available on the Google Code project page.

Have a look here a some more wonderful free community provided content :)

http://simvoicechecklists.com/

Cheers,
Paul.
ImageImageImage

fatcharlie
Airman

Post by fatcharlie »

Thanks Paul, looking now!

fatcharlie
Airman

Post by fatcharlie »

Found and downloaded.

Late now, but I'll be playing with this tomorrow.

A huge thank you for giving your time and effort to the community.

Cheers,

Roger.

fatcharlie
Airman

Post by fatcharlie »

Well I've had a good play and it works great on my Windows 7 machine.

However I simply cannot get it to work on my Win XP Pro machine. It is

WinXP Pro SP3 32bit
.Net 4.0 installed

When I click on the .exe I just get a message that "SimVoiceChecklist has encountered a problem and needs to close".

Not much to go on.

A bit frustrating! I'm currently re-assembling my sim-pit after some years in storage. I want to run Squawkbox and SimVoiceChecklist on the Win XP machine, thus freeing my other two machines (both on Win7 Ultimate 64bit) to run the simulator (FS2004) and the visuals.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Roger.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

WinXP is getting on a bit now, wouldnt surprise me if the core base is simply not supported, as tbh the OS itself is no longer supported.

One thing I would say though is that whilst it use to be the case of running multiple PC's gave you extra horse power for stuff with todays technology the money you could spend on a single powerful rig would perform better, be easier to setup and give you better troublefree running than running multiple systems. We also find even our professional commercial clients running the certified motion sims using our sims are now also going the singular system route.

thanks,
Lewis

fatcharlie
Airman

Post by fatcharlie »

Hi Lewis, thanks for your message.

Oh, I'd love an i7 rig, with all the trimmings! But my rig is mostly begged and borrowed. SimVoiceChecklist says it can run on .net 4, so that us antediluvians can still use it - was just wondering if anyone else had come across the issue.

Thanks,

Roger.

fatcharlie
Airman

Post by fatcharlie »

Anyone? Getting SimVoice to run on Win XP?

I've just spent the last day getting Win7 to load only my old XP machine. Took a bit of doing!

Good news! SimVoice runs!

Bad news, audio drivwers only available for XP, not Win7 - believe me, I've looked hard!

So I'm back to trying to get SimVoice to run on Win XP.

The website syas version 4 was adapted to run on .net version 4, so us XP users could run the program. So far no luck. any further ideas, people?

Thanks,

Roger.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”