Mig Alley patch BDG 0.85F

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
darioxhx
Airman Basic

Mig Alley patch BDG 0.85F

Post by darioxhx »

Hello everyone.
First I would like to thank you all for your outstanding work on improving BOB and making it what it is right now after all this years.
Now on to my question:
Although BOB is THE combat flight sim of all times my favorite is still Mig Alley. I've decided to install it again and fiddle with it now that I have some time to spend with my flight sims.
The problem is that the BDG patch 0.85F is nonexisting - I can't find it anywhere, all the links seem to be dead - and the one at naturalpoint site happens to be version 0.85F2, and that's not the one I need.
I would be more than grateful if someone could help me.
Thank you all in advance,
Dario.

darioxhx
Airman Basic

Re: Mig Alley patch BDG 0.85F

Post by darioxhx »

Here it is for all of you MA fans to fully enjoy this great sim.
Credit goes to an A2A forum member called "blue six". Thank you my friend.
Link:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/hL9sL5Xdba/Patch.html

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

blue six was our Flight Modeler for BoBII, and a friend of mine, so I guess it is OK.
It is just called Patch. :?:

All I have is the mig_085_f2
and an Installer called mig_123.

I don't really know what these two do, but I read that the mig_085_F2 is for older Windows versions than Vista?

darioxhx
Airman Basic

Post by darioxhx »

That's right - patch 0.85f2 is for Windows 98/ME editions and it's applied on top of the 0.85f patch(the one I uploaded - it's inside the Patch.zip file).
For modern systems you need only 0.85f one - applied after the 123 update. I decided to upload it because you can't find it anywhere else.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Thanks for the info. I really don't know much about all of this.

marklaur
Staff Sergeant

Post by marklaur »

darioxhx wrote:That's right - patch 0.85f2 is for Windows 98/ME editions and it's applied on top of the 0.85f patch(the one I uploaded - it's inside the Patch.zip file).
For modern systems you need only 0.85f one - applied after the 123 update. I decided to upload it because you can't find it anywhere else.
I have tried to download the file a few times now, even made an account but cannot download a zip file.
I either get "setup.exe or patch.exe both 756kb
the description calls the file a zip file. It is not getting downloaded with an incorrect extension either as I have tried renaming them and they are not zip files.

Any ideas on what may be going wrong.

Regards MarkL

jimcarrel
Senior Airman

Post by jimcarrel »

Most of the time, if your browser always changes the .zip extension to .exe, you can just rename the .exe to .zip and it will work.

Failing in that you can try "saving as" option. Or better yet, try different browser.

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

This is Rowen's Mig Alley ? Man - that's an old one and a hard sim to master... I guess it left an impression because I'm enjoying the F86 in DCS now but it's lacking any real campaign... Enjoy...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Milano
Airman Basic

Post by Milano »

Hello I would really like to try Mig Alley again. My problem is that I can't get ahold of the 85f file. I tried the link at 4Shared but it doesn't seem to be working. Might anyone have an additional source? Thank you

Prem Holdaway
BDG

Post by Prem Holdaway »

Milano,

You should be able to get that file from here:

www.g0dcp.co.uk/programs/BDG_MiGAlley_0.85F.rar

I think that is the one you want.
Prem.

Asus Rog Strix Z690 F WiFi, Intel I9 12900 3200Mhz, 32Gig Mem 5600 DDR5, Asus AMD Radeon RX 6800, 1000W PSU, Windows 11 64bit, TrackIR 5 + Track clip pro, also TrackHat opentrack v3, Hotas Warthog + Viper TQS system & TRP rudder pedals.

Milano
Airman Basic

Post by Milano »

Excellent thank you. Now lets hope that it just works just like it used to!!

sixstrings
Airman

Post by sixstrings »

You ought to give CFS3 Korea a try. It's been updated and is very stable. Many missions are out there along with many aircraft available. These can be found at SimOuthouse (SOH) and simviation to name a few.Great fm's,modeling , FPS,AI,scenery and more. It only needs CFS3,(fully patched), to use some of the stock files and makes it's own separate install.SOH can guide you to get it to function on windows 7 64 bit. Will not work in win.10 with out the CFS3 no cd exe found at simviation. Try it and then you'll want all the expansions. Its' really not the old game anymore but totally enhanced. You can still get CFS3 at Amazon cheap . Hope this helps in some way. Regards , Scott p.s. SOH lists were you can download this and other expansions in their forum. This is all free too!

PipsPriller
Senior Airman

Post by PipsPriller »

Prem Holdaway wrote:Milano,

You should be able to get that file from here:

http://www.g0dcp.co.uk/programs/BDG_MiGAlley_0.85F.rar

I think that is the one you want.
I tried the link that Prem posted, but the link doesn't work. Anyone know of any other links for the 0.85F patch? Or could someone actually posted the .rar file? Would be greatly appreciated. :)
"Somewhere out there is page 6!"
"But Emillo you promised ....... it's postpone"
ASWWIAH Member

Prem Holdaway
BDG

Post by Prem Holdaway »

Hi PipsPriller,

Sorry about that. It looks like I inadvertently deleted that file while doing some clean-up. It is now back on the website. All I hope is that I haven't accidentally deleted any others that I shouldn't have. Hopefully people will let me know.
Prem.

Asus Rog Strix Z690 F WiFi, Intel I9 12900 3200Mhz, 32Gig Mem 5600 DDR5, Asus AMD Radeon RX 6800, 1000W PSU, Windows 11 64bit, TrackIR 5 + Track clip pro, also TrackHat opentrack v3, Hotas Warthog + Viper TQS system & TRP rudder pedals.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”