Paints and Paint kit

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
new reply
carlosgabriel
Airman

Re: Paints and Paint kit

Post by carlosgabriel »

Below it's one repaint probably I will not make like the real one, which is an unique grafitti (I discover each shark of Colombian Air Force it's a different and unique graffiti art)

And it's far from any shark jaw I've seen or painted in my life (If you sometime go to San Diego, make sure to visit the USS Midway Museum, I've been volunteering there for a few months and most of the Cold War Era fighters I did some help in the paint)

Original paint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12lMC-3rPZY

ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

wow very nice, great work 8) And thanks for the youtube video, great watch and I quiet enjoyed the music too :D

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

I have a question regarding the aircraft repaints and registration in particular. When you make repaints, with different registration numbers, how do you (or do you at all) change the aircraft registration in side the cockpit? I am curious, is done inside one of .dds texture files or somewhere else. Thank you.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi,

I have a question regarding the aircraft repaints and registration in particular. When you make repaints, with different registration numbers, how do you (or do you at all) change the aircraft registration in side the cockpit? I am curious how it is done. Thank you.

Cheerz,
Will
If I'm not wrong the registration displayed on the panel will change if you change the registration in the atc_id entry in the aircraft.cfg.

An easier way would be to change it in the aircraft select menu. Go to select aircraft then click on the aircraft you want the registration changed. Click on details (bottom right). Now you can change the aircraft registration. Just change it to your desired registration that should change the registration on the panel (of course it won't change the one painted on the aircraft).

Sorry for the complicated explanation :roll:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Thanks for the quick reply Piper_EEWL,

I have not tried the option in aircraft.cfg atc_id= reg number, and I will test it. I am pretty sure the second option with aircraft - details - atc id change in FSX, does not make the change. The ATC calls you, what you have selected, but the registration plate in the cockpit stays unchanged.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Will,

As Piper_EEWL says, the little registration plate above the ASI/AI should reflect whatever is typed into the "tail number" box in the "aircraft details" dialog in FSX. However, the relationship between displayed aircraft registrations and the contents of the "aircraft.cfg" file "atc_id" entry can also be affected by a cache that the sim keeps in another file. There's some discussion of this issue here.

Sorry - that's complicated things even more! :roll:

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Nick M wrote:Hello Will,

As Piper_EEWL says, the little registration plate above the ASI/AI should reflect whatever is typed into the "tail number" box in the "aircraft details" dialog in FSX. However, the relationship between displayed aircraft registrations and the contents of the "aircraft.cfg" file "atc_id" entry can also be affected by a cache that the sim keeps in another file. There's some discussion of this issue here.

Sorry - that's complicated things even more! :roll:

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks Nick,

I was searching this type of discussion all morning :wink:

Cheerz,
Will

Varhomol
Airman Basic

Post by Varhomol »

Hi guys, asking for help: two weeks I can not go to the site aussiex.org,an error (Something went wrong. Please try again.
Error code: EX126) .If anyone has access to this site, please download the two liveries for A2A Cessna 172:PH-STZ and PH-EMK.E-mail address in my profile,thanks in advance.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes the site does indeed seem to be down at present. Not sure whats happening, maybe you need to log in?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Varhomol
Airman Basic

Post by Varhomol »

Varhomol wrote:Hi guys, asking for help: two weeks I can not go to the site aussiex.org,an error (Something went wrong. Please try again.
Error code: EX126) .If anyone has access to this site, please download the two liveries for A2A Cessna 172:PH-STZ and PH-EMK.E-mail address in my profile,thanks in advance.
On this problem, the question is removed. P.S. I express my gratitude to the A2A team for their excellent Cessna 172 and for your support on this forum.

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

After some very relaxing and calm holidays I'm slowly resuming painting.
Today's release is a classic yellow brown scheme formerly used by the HFC (Lufthansa Aeroclub):
Many thanks to BladderBoy for the interior paintkit!

More pictures: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 4188111468
Download: http://www.edrm-repaints.com/pages/en/a ... hp?id=c172
Greets, Marius

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hey Marius,

Happy new year.

That's a really nice old school Cessna repaint. I really like it and will definitely download later.
I just checked out the real aircraft (a 172M) and it's still operated by HFC but it's completely white now (or so it seems from the picture) and it has been converted to a Centurion Diesel engine with 135hp. In fact that flying club is operating 5 Cessna 172 of different models (1x 172M, 1x 172P and 3x 172R) all converted to Diesel engines.

Thanks for sharing
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

Happy Year to you as well!

The livery is indeed very outdated but the plane is still with the same owner.
It's been a request by a pilot who flew her at that time and so I got a very good information on that livery.
It's the factory paint of 1975 and it actually didn't have a primer beneath it which meant corrosion started after only a few years and AX was repainted less than 10 years after its rollout.
Greets, Marius

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

Another paint from me, a fresh, clean and simple french C172 carrying the registration F-GDDH.

More pictures: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 4188111468
Download: http://www.edrm-repaints.com/pages/en/a ... hp?id=c172
Greets, Marius

ollyhayer
Airman Basic

Post by ollyhayer »

Could somebody make an Icelandic C172. So TF registered. I like white bases with red and blue flowing stripes running the full length and up the tail.
Thanks
Oliver Hayes

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”