CTD on P3Dv2 Professional

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Skyfox
Senior Airman

CTD on P3Dv2 Professional

Post by Skyfox »

Hey,

I have had this happen twice already in P3Dv2 with Cherokee (P3Dv2 Professional version) especially after 30 min or so. CTD. I don't get this with the C172, and all the settings are same and all patches are already applied.

Though I did have the gps popup floating on the screen for a while during the time of the CTD.

Anyone else having this CTD?

Thanks,

Skyfox
Senior Airman

Re: CTD on P3Dv2 Professional

Post by Skyfox »

3rd time, just flying around with Autopilot,

Around the 45min or so, it just Prepar3D.exe

Prepar3D exe has stopped working.

I am flying over Orbx PNW, but this doesn't happen with C172. Infact, I am even using the GPS route that I used yesterday on C172.

Here is the info posted on Event Viewer

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 2.2.10438.0, time stamp: 0x53468776
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17031, time stamp: 0x5308893d
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000df996
Faulting process id: 0x1d7c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf7a0cae495a2a
Faulting application path: C:\Simulation\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 6cf813be-e60a-11e3-82a4-6c626d95a31d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Skyfox
Senior Airman

Post by Skyfox »

I have been able to repeat this for the 4 consecutive time. This time, I even timed it from start of P3D. I get around 1 hour exact, till Piper 180 crashes P3D.

Prepar3d on Process Explorer was showing 2.8G of VAS and then when it crashes it spikes to some riduclous number at 137,436,963,764K but it is suspended by the CPU and entire process is already killed.

This is the only craft that I am getting crashes.

Thanks

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Skyfox,

Sorry about these errors, I have the team looking at this thread.

Are you flying over the same geographical area? Is this is something that takes a while before it happens, it may indicate a slow resource leak that can happen with a lot of heavy addons running together. We haven't had a single crash reported during testing, but try your best to change what you are doing to see if there is any pattern.

However, download and run this utility:
http://a2asimulations.com/public/online ... Dr_A2A.exe

A little black window will appear with a blinking cursor. This will take about 60 seconds or more to complete. Once this is done, you will have a "Dr_A2A_Report" file next to the Dr_A2A.exe program. Email this to doctor[at]a2asimulations.com. We can at least see your settings.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

terrydew
Airman First Class

Post by terrydew »

Saw this on p3d forum. Related?

I'm on my third flight and have seen no performance issues. Initially the aircraft crashed P3D until I had a look in the panel.cfg file: it had written in the RealityXP GNS gauges for some reason and as we know, they do not work (in P3D) and worse, crash the sim. After making a few adjustments to the configuration file is well. Splendid aircraft!

Skyfox
Senior Airman

Post by Skyfox »

Scott,

On my previous thread about the crash in P3D, I too was using autopilot the entire time (I just saw a thread with autopilot crash). I just got home and will run the same flight via C172 using the same GPS route (and on autopilot) to see if it crashes. With all else being equal in the system/sim.

Will send the DR A2A file shortly.

Thanks,

Skyfox

Skyfox
Senior Airman

Post by Skyfox »

Scott,

Please disregard this post...something screwy did happen to my setup (even though it has been stable for 2 months with zero reinstalls)...I did get a crash in C172 which never happened. So could be some addon on my end. Disregard this entire thread. I am doing a clean reinstall again with global/vector/mesh and pnw and C180 to test it out.

Thanks.

I am totally torn between C172 and Piper 180. 2 totally different flying experiences...amazing

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie. We
Keep threads alive so should there be a development for you please feel free to post here again.

Good luck in the reinstall

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”