C172 External sounds

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
tomvaillencourt
Airman First Class

C172 External sounds

Post by tomvaillencourt »

I've searched the forums for a resolution to this but can't find any describing the same issue. For some reason I can barely hear the 172 when in any external view. it sounds great from inside the cockpit, I especially like how it gets quieter when plugging in the headset, however every time I switch to spot, tower, or flyby views I can barely hear the aircraft at all. Just to avoid making a stink I tried simply aliasing the sound to different aircraft, but that does not seem to work. In fact even when deleting or moving all of the original sound files including the sound cfg file from the sound folder, you can still hear the internal aircraft sounds as if nothing has changed. Why does this aircraft have soooooooo many glitches? Does anyone know how to fix the sound or modify the volume levels through the cfg files?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C172 External sounds

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Tom,

the issue you are having is that you are treating the aircraft like a default aircraft. The Accu-sim aircraft and other complex third party aircraft with out of sim programming cannot be treated in this manner. This is why the sounds make no difference when you are moving them like you might a default aircraft. All files are set correctly for them to work with the external simulation engine we use. Please do not tweak or change things as you will be moving things beyond designed limits and effectively breaking the entire simulation.

For the sounds, did you check you have your FSX sound options set correctly? From your description it sounds like your external sounds are simply turned down low?

Also make sure you have the latest update which adds some new features and changes some things from here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=36710

And lastly, to which glitches are you referring to that are so plentiful, many issues have been quickly updated and the majority of issues have been simply things catching out the users. We are proud to be one of the only developers in the business to have free and most importantly 'open' support forums. We have nothing to hide and take pride in our work.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tomvaillencourt
Airman First Class

My apologies if I came of as if I was insulting the product... I actually Love A2Af stuff and have had many of the add-ons since FS9, I've just never seen you guys release something that had as many issues being discussed in the forums. anyway... I have moved all the original files back, so as not to corrupt the simulation. Ass for your suggestion to check my FS sound settings, I'm pretty sure that they themselves are not the issue. The lack of volume with the sounds on external views only occurs with THIS aircraft and no others.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

did you load the default C172 first, I wonder if something happened during the loading of the aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis

tomvaillencourt
Airman First Class

Should I? I can try it..

I played around with my sound sliders, and I can get it up to a more audible level, but then as soon as I change to cockpit view its super loud. I plug in the headset and that quiets it down nicely, but the problem is especially noticeable whenever I switch to another aircraft. If I dont turn the engine sound sliders back down the new aircraft will be incredibly loud. Is there anything in the CFG that can be adjusted to make the A2A sounds at the level of the other aircraft? I shouldn't have to customize the slider settings for this one aircraft...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the external sounds use the fsx sound engine were as the internal sounds use the Accu-sim sound engine. The Accu-sim sound engine users the default windows sound device if that is not set up to output correctly for your system then that could be an issue.

However the external sounds are pretty standard stuff and no reason for them to sound different. We havent come across that at all in over a year of development or since release.

thanks,
Lewis

tomvaillencourt
Airman First Class

Yeah thats probably it... even though this is the only one of my many many aircraft that experiences this issue, its probably my system. Thanks for the help.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

tomvaillencourt wrote:Yeah thats probably it... even though this is the only one of my many many aircraft that experiences this issue, its probably my system. Thanks for the help.
If all aircraft where the same your sarcasm would make sense but they are not are they each developer does things differently. This is never more so with complex aircraft add ons with some Developers now working outside FSX limitations on in house technology. As mentioned for us and our sound engine it plays though the windows default sound device. If this isn't setup correctly for your FSX experience then this could cause issues. All you need do is check your windows sound settings to see what sort of default sound device you have setup. Some systems with usb headphones etc will differ as a usb sound device is in itself a sound card.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”