Status F-104?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
EHLW1993
Airman Basic

Status F-104?

Post by EHLW1993 »

Hi guys,

Is there any information about the status of the 104 avalaible? I'm really curious about the accu-simmed engine
and how you'll make the engine smoke effect?

Grtz Guido

colokent
Airman

Re: Status F-104?

Post by colokent »

Probably in line behind the Commanche, Cherokee, Nord 262, Stinson, Aerocar, etc. I know I'm only one person, but it's hard for me to get excited about the latest direction we're going in. A2A makes superb airplanes-- but I really miss the warbirds...

K

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We are not giving up on Warbirds - they are in our blood, but we're in a building process again and so far, it's been a necessary move for us to learn and expand further.

However, the F-104 has been put on ice for the time being for two reasons:
1. Supersonic flight has opened an entire new chapter in aerodynamics
2. The J79 turbojet systems in the F-104's are a bit too complex to make as a first jet

Considering both of the above points, we started working on a new T-33 model and plan to take one up a test flight in the coming months:

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Wow! Still fun. Will it be Accusim?

FlameOut
Staff Sergeant

Post by FlameOut »

Now you're going my way!

colokent
Airman

Post by colokent »

Oh my god, Scott-- I'm eating crow bigtime. T-33A is THE FSX airplane I want more than any other. Please give us a togglable travel pod!!!! Wish we could push it sooner than 2015 or later". MY GOD I love that airplane. How about making it an Aircraft Factory release and getting it out quicker?

Kent

Erlk0enig
A2A Mechanic

Post by Erlk0enig »

Scott, my heart just skipped a beat - this old radial jet would be really a dream come true, realized through ACCUSIM... 8) .
Best Regards,
Ralf

R9 7900 X, 64 GB DDR5, RTX4090, HP Reverb G2

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

colokent wrote:Oh my god, Scott-- I'm eating crow bigtime. T-33A is THE FSX airplane I want more than any other. Please give us a togglable travel pod!!!! Wish we could push it sooner than 2015 or later". MY GOD I love that airplane. How about making it an Aircraft Factory release and getting it out quicker?
He also says "If development continues" in the 2015 or later comment. If the Star fighter is on ice until God knows when, things don't look promising for the F4 Phantom. :(

pilotgod
Senior Airman

Post by pilotgod »

Here is hoping that one of the dev team is woken violently from their sleep with an "AHA!!" moment that sorts the issues. Patience is sometimes difficult for me to exercise as I routinely feel like a kid waiting for Christmas or a Birthday when it comes to upcoming aircraft releases, especially from A2A. However, I have found that wait is ALWAYS more than worth it. The T-33 as well as any Gen 1 jets would be most welcome. I've always been attracted to the P-80/T-33, Mig 15, Glostor Meteor, and Me-262. I think the idea of going with a subsonic jet first makes tons of sense. Too often we see developers take on a project and continue to push on, even though they are cutting corners or dropping features just to get a product out. I'm happy to see A2A instead take the approach, "We don't release something that is only 99.9999% correct."

As for warbirds, the F-104, F-4, and T-33/P-80 are warbirds. They're just jet warbirds.
System Specs:
Intel i7-2600 @ 4.3GHz, ASUS P8P67-Deluxe, 8GB DDR3-1600, ATI Radeon HD7770 (2GB), OCZ Vertex 250GB SSD (OS), Seagate 1TB HDD (Data)
FSX w/Acceleration and tons of add-ons.

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Maybe when one of these jets comes out, we'll finally see that shimmering effect from hot exhaust gasses behind the engine?

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

OH MAN The starfighter can take its time, that's allright but the possibility of a T-33? I can't WAIT! I love my F-86 too.

Somebody really really needs to do the This Island Earth repaint for me if the T-33 gets released.

ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

The T-33 has never been my absolute favorite of the early jets, but if it's Accusimmed I'm gonna buy it and love it. The quote "if development continues" is worrying to me, as it indicates that this jet is the new entry level Accusim jet, and if it is dropped, all the other jets will all be as well. And we are now, I'm guessing, looking at several years from now for the Phantom even if these jets are continued. Otherwise we may see them completed as Aircraft Factory products...

My gut tells me that a T-33 is simply preparing a jet engine for an Accusim corporate jet, since GA has clearly been good to A2A with great sales and sponsorships, and GA is obviously and rightfully so the big A2A focus at the moment.

My real hope is that since the C172 is a trainer, and the T-33 is a trainer, that A2A will manage to squeeze out an Accusim AT-6/SNJ trainer before the warbirds truly are finished! Then at least, I can fly flightsim onwards without ever needing anything more!

And if development does continue and we do get a T-33 a couple of years from now, can somebody PLEASE paint me this stunning Arctic Camo Shooting Star flown by the Black Diamond Jet Team? 8)

(Atlantic City, NJ 2012)

Thanks years in advance,

Joe :mrgreen:
Joe

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

With the possible exception of the F-105 Thunderchief ( and its only just a 'possible' ) I can't think of any vintage American jet I'd rather see that the T-33. Please please keep this one under development. :)

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

OH man that's going to be sweet, especially since the unlimited races at Reno uses a T-33 for the pace plane. PLEASE have another excellent paint kit with this one folks! ya know we love it.

Cheers!
~A~
8)
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

I think they should do a 'civilian' T-33 too, much like the P-51. Installation of modern avionics, GPS, glass panel, etc., would make an excellent cross country platform, with similar range to the P-51, with great speed.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”