Saitek Switch Panel BAT and ALT switches

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Saitek Switch Panel BAT and ALT switches

Post by some1 - A2A »

To make them work correctly, install SPAD instead of Saitek driver:
http://fstools.weebly.com/

Set up the C172 Input Configurator like this:

Set up SPAD buttons like this:

It's also a good idea to create separate profile in SPAD just for our C172.

Unfortunately we couldn't make it work out of the box due to the way Saitek panels are programmed.
You can use different keyboard shortcuts than pictured here, just make them match in both programs.
Michael Krawczyk

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Re: Saitek Switch Panel BAT and ALT switches

Post by Tigerclaw »

Thank you sir, you are a diamond :)
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Thanks that Works. Now if only the Gyro sound would switch off when I turn the battery and master off.

This has been happening from I installed the software. Even if I click the switch with my mouse, bypassing my hardware; the Gyro sound keeps going.

I have also observed that the fuel gauges and oil temperature gauge, and landing lights remain powered also.

Am I the only one experiencing this? or am I doing something wrong.

Robin
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

Flocat
Airman

Post by Flocat »

I have this tried but dont work. the SPAD driver says "waiting FS Connection" what is wrong?? must i remove the original Saitek driver or i need FSUIPC??
i am use Prepar 3D 1.4

tmtsui
Airman

Post by tmtsui »

Thank you Some-1 A2A.
Are the Shift-A / Control-A & Shift-B / Control-B just picked for demonstration?
These key combos have their own FSX functions by default.
Moreover, using your key combos, the Radio and Multi Panels won't turn on while Avionics Master switch is on.
Tom

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

tmtsui wrote:Moreover, using your key combos, the Radio and Multi Panels won't turn on while Avionics Master switch is on. Tom
I performed this setup exactly as above today and experienced the same problem. Reloading the aircraft fixed the issue for me, so that might be something to try while you wait for a proper response from someone in-the-know. =)

Hope this helps!

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

CottonEyeJoe
Airman

Post by CottonEyeJoe »

Hi there,

Thanks for the work - BAT, ALT and flaps (saitek multi panel) now work perfectly :-)

Daniel

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

I personally used different key combinations as the "a" key is used for views in default and my EZDok. So I chose different keys. The method is the same, and I didn't encounter any issues.

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

some1 - A2A wrote:To make them work correctly, install SPAD instead of Saitek driver:
http://fstools.weebly.com/

Set up the C172 Input Configurator like this:

Set up SPAD buttons like this:

It's also a good idea to create separate profile in SPAD just for our C172.

Unfortunately we couldn't make it work out of the box due to the way Saitek panels are programmed.
You can use different keyboard shortcuts than pictured here, just make them match in both programs.
Hi Guys

Please can someone let me know where the input configuration is?

Please be patient with me - can't find the little tinker!!!

Thanks

Andrew
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

The Configurator is in <you main FSX> folder/A2A/C172/Tools

That's the "Tools" folder inside the "C172" folder, inside the "A2A" folder, inside the main FSX folder.

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

Tigerclaw wrote:The Configurator is in <you main FSX> folder/A2A/C172/Tools

That's the "Tools" folder inside the "C172" folder, inside the "A2A" folder, inside the main FSX folder.
Thank you Tony

Regards

Andrew
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

medx421
Airman First Class

Post by medx421 »

So this is the first payware aircraft that I have had issues with any of the Saitek products. If I wish to change to the SPAD drivers, do I need to uninstall the Saitek drivers first? Additionally, will doing so tweak all of my settings to where I will need to go program each switch or button for every product in the sim I use? I am just trying to see if it is worth it just to not click the screen instead.

Nick

Villan
Airman Basic

Post by Villan »

Can someone please fix the links to the images. This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled, Dropbox

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

medx421 wrote:So this is the first payware aircraft that I have had issues with any of the Saitek products. If I wish to change to the SPAD drivers, do I need to uninstall the Saitek drivers first? Additionally, will doing so tweak all of my settings to where I will need to go program each switch or button for every product in the sim I use? I am just trying to see if it is worth it just to not click the screen instead.

Nick
Spad is just a replacement driver, but with EXTRA functionality. You won't NEED to alter anything for any aircraft that already works just fine. The extra functionality is for those super duper realistic complex aircraft. It's free, and it's worth getting if you complex aircraft.

Yes you will need to uninstall the Saitek drivers, but I believe there's a readMe file to help you. Trust me, it's well worth it :)

medx421
Airman First Class

Post by medx421 »

Tigerclaw wrote:Spad is just a replacement driver, but with EXTRA functionality. You won't NEED to alter anything for any aircraft that already works just fine. The extra functionality is for those super duper realistic complex aircraft. It's free, and it's worth getting if you complex aircraft.

Yes you will need to uninstall the Saitek drivers, but I believe there's a readMe file to help you. Trust me, it's well worth it :)
Thank you. I will give it a go.

Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”