Knots2U Sponsors the A2A Accu-Sim C172 Trainer

One of the world's most popular trainer aircraft
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

As we roll out these announcements of companies that have come forward to sponsor the Accu-Sim C172 Trainer aircraft, it is important to note that Knots2U was the very first sponsor to come on board, almost one year ago today.

Knots2U makes hundreds of high quality replacement and add-on parts for various aircraft, specializing in high-performance, drag-reducing components. A2A Simulations produces high-end flight simulations using their own proprietary Accu-Sim technology through Microsoft flight simulator products.

“During the earlier flights in the A2A Comanche we quickly found many areas that were creating unnecessary drag and thus we began our quest to clean the airplane up. This resulted in a long, continuing discussion with the people at Knots2U. We later installed several of their products and our own independent flight testing found their claims to be fair and accurate. The products were also professionally made of good quality components. There are a lot of lively discussions among aircraft owners on the subject of reducing drag and we wanted to capture this in our simulation. Therefore this positive experience with Knots2U led to their sponsorship of our Accu-Sim C172 Trainer,”
said Scott Gentile of A2A Simulations Inc.

“A maintenance hangar re-design was necessary to accommodate all the new features. There is always a balance in a simulation to present the information in an easy, understandable way and to not over-load the customer with too much information. We’re pretty happy with what we see in the finished product and think the users will be able to easily manage all the new features,” said Robert Rogalski of A2A Simulations inc.

More information about Knots2U can be found at http://www.knots2u.com
More information about A2A Simulations can be found at http://www.a2asimulations.com

A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Re: Knots2U Sponsors the A2A Accu-Sim C172 Trainer

Post by sdflyer »

Wow with "flap gap seal" 172 looks more like Mooney

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Knots2U also make replacement wheel fairings if I'm not remembering too wrong...

:)

Boon1986
Staff Sergeant

Post by Boon1986 »

realy nice detail :) will fly it XDDD
PIC of:
GA: C172-/C182-/P28-180-/P250-/ -Accu-Sim
P250- / -Accu-Sim-2.0
WOS: B377-L049-COTS-/PJ3-/ -AccuSim
WOP: P40-/Spitfire-/B17-/P51-/ -AccuSim

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

3764.2 hours! Is that the result of pressing the "Used" button or is that actual testing flight time? :lol:
Happy Landings
- Patrick

minipilot22
Airman

Post by minipilot22 »

Hello,
It makes me so happy to see you guys create such a magnificent simulation and give us that extra "feeling" that's missing from FSX. I want to congratulate all A2A staff, members and the all the contributors for their continuous efforts and dedication. After 2 years of flying Accu-Sim aircraft (starting with b 17) I have to admit that I learned so many about engines, maintenance and most of all carrying for my aircraft. Thank you again for everything you've done so far and thank you in advance for everything you haven't... yet. You people have trully awakened my "Passion for Flight"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Muwarr90
Airman

Post by Muwarr90 »

I notice that the forum has been cleaned out a bit. It's almost like someone is making room for new things......

:D

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Wow. Daily, this just keeps looking more amazing. I would seriously not be surprised if we could "fix" things with duct tape on this plane!

Joe
Joe

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

I'm already curious to know who will sponsor the pilot's gear or Heidi's underwear... :P

Greetings
Tim

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Tim-HH wrote:I'm already curious to know who will sponsor the pilot's gear or Heidi's underwear...
Victoria's Secret, of course. :D
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Okay, the flap gap seals are an option, and from what I can tell, they reduce drag - who would not want that ? But surely there has to be a disadvantage to fitting them ( weight maybe ? ) otherwise its a pointless option.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Why does it require a "disadvantage" to be a valid option? The point is to give the user more of the feel of owning an airplane and some of the many real options for modifications/improvements that are out there.

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

Wow... What attention to detail we are seeing here. I never thought of FSX being such an advertising platform.
Certainly a novel idea involving companies in the process.

I like the idea of being able to take enhancements out. Many of the flight school trainers out there don't get such treatment... This way we get to experience training and owning...

Like it.

Keep it up...

Andrew Entwistle
Andrew
i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), ASUS MAXIMUS X Hero, 16Gb RAM
EVGA GTX1070Ti, Win10Pro on Samsung M2 500Gb SSD, P3D V4 on 850 EVO 1Tb
Accusim (P3D): T6/Comanche/Cherokee/Spitfire/P51D Mustang (Civ)/V-Tail Bonanza

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

molleh wrote:Why does it require a "disadvantage" to be a valid option? The point is to give the user more of the feel of owning an airplane and some of the many real options for modifications/improvements that are out there.
I take your point, but I assumed that since they could be fitted and then removed, there must be some disadvantage in having them fitted. Otherwise, why have the choice ?

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

Paul K wrote:why have the choice ?
Having the choice would allow those conducting real-world training in a 172 to choose the option if their real-world 172 has the option. I've never flown (or even seen) a 172 with these fairings, so, it'd stand to reason I might want to fly without them for consistency's sake.

Personally, I like the idea of being able to customize my fantasy 172 in FSX however I like, whether or not any given option provides the 'best' performance. Makes it seem more like it's MY airplane, y'know?

Just my thoughts on the matter. :)

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer”