C-46

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
soroushvalim
Airman

C-46

Post by soroushvalim »

Hi, I am not sure if you guys take suggestions but I was the thinking a C-46 would be an amazing aircraft and a great addition to the A2A fleet. Is a project like that possible or already in the works? The Douglas aircrafts would also be great perhaps a DC-4

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Re: C-46

Post by A-26Invader »

soroushvalim wrote:Hi, I am not sure if you guys take suggestions but I was the thinking a C-46 would be an amazing aircraft and a great addition to the A2A fleet. Is a project like that possible or already in the works? The Douglas aircrafts would also be great perhaps a DC-4
I second a C-46 and a DC-4! Both great aircraft and both have pratt's :wink:
ImageImageImage

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

I am almost loathe to contribute to another 'please make this A2A' thread, but the C-46 Commando is one of my favorite WWII aircraft ever. Plus, there are flying examples to be had! And it would get A2A into the sadly under-appreciated (yet super useful) piston twin market.

Wishful thinking, of course, but it's fun to wish! ;)

-Ian

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

Lyonsdan
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lyonsdan »

Though it would fit in nicely for many I highly doubt it's in the plans ever. The r-2800 engine they have is accusim as an old model an they would have to complete rebuild the engine from the ground up. So very doubtful but would be nice agreed.

soroushvalim
Airman

Post by soroushvalim »

Yeah not only Can they work with Buffalo airways to get the C-46 down, but buffalo actually needs some simulators, I have seen them using the default DC-3 for training.

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

After the B-29, the Commando is next on my A2A wish list, followed by the C-119. Its not going to happen, but its a nice dream.

jjsemperfi
Airman

Post by jjsemperfi »

Is China Doll still flying?

jjsemperfi
Airman

Post by jjsemperfi »

My late grandfather flew C-46's in the war. He flew the hump and told some amazing stories. Once he was flying a small single engine plane in India to drop off someone at another base. Well, he took off and a couple miles later his engine quite and he had to force land it in the jungle. 3 days later he came walking back up to the base, close torn, looking like hell, and they asked him, "Hollywood, where the hell have you been?!", he said, "where the hell do you think I've been!!!"

Bugdani
Airman

Post by Bugdani »

Yes, I agree!

The C46 would be an excellent choice with vintage paints or actual Bolivian or Alaskan textures...

Bug.

soroushvalim
Airman

Post by soroushvalim »

Whatever A2A touches becomes gold no doubt, I wish they had like polls on future projects where forum members could vote, because the Curtiss is a properly difficult aircraft to fly with the big body especially in high winds

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

My grandfather was a C-47 driver. I am obviously biased toward a fully accusimmed Gooney bird, but I would be really happy with a C-46 too. :D

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

I've advocated for the DC-3 myself..I am certain when the C-172 is released it will be a great success in the FS community as I think it has tons more appeal than the DC-3 / C-46..as it is the world's most popular GA bird.

I would happily pre-pay $100 for any DC-3 A2A might decide to release at some future time. I'm not personally that excited about the upcoming Skyhawk. For me it pales in comparison to the P-51D Civilian. I cannot remember the last time I flew my Military Accu-Sim P51-D...the avionics in the civi Mustang are too crucial for me...

Happy SKIES to ALL
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

Jetranger7
Senior Airman

Post by Jetranger7 »

Ahh Yes the Great C-46 COMMANDO PROPLINER.

Ya mean like this one I painted for myself to Fly around the Marshall Islands (PKMJ) from Pacific Island Simulations.

Pacific Island Simulations : http://www.islandsim.com/the-marshall-islands1.html

Also see this C-46 Commando web site: http://www.michaelprophet.com/News_arti ... sC_46.html

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

Is it really that F A T ?? Nice colors...
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

Jetranger7
Senior Airman

Post by Jetranger7 »

Umm I guess, check out the C-46 Link above for more actual info on the Aircraft !

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”