Accu-feel with Accu-Sim - settings? [OK]

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
Kwacker
Airman Basic

Accu-feel with Accu-Sim - settings? [OK]

Post by Kwacker »

Just acquired Accu-feel to run mainly on my beloved Accu-Sim Spit. Primarily wanted to add and play with the tire squeal and brake squeal. Question: when I enable Accu-Feel for the Spit and turn these things on there are also a number of others Accu-Feel settings set on by default e.g. AOA stall, Vne etc. Should I leave these as they are? Set to zero? I don't want the Accu-Feel settings that duplicate the Spit Accu-Sim effects to mess the later up. I'm sure A2A spent a bunch of time adjusting these to make the Spit simulation as close as possible. What's the best thing to do?

Thanks,
Simon.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Accu-feel with Accu-Sim - settings?

Post by Scott - A2A »

Simon,

As you can see, when an Accu-Sim aircraft is loaded for the first time, it is disabled. For the Spit, I would just use the ground physics and tire screech. Make sure your Stall AoA remains all the way to the right.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Scott - A2A wrote: Make sure your Stall AoA remains all the way to the right.Scott.
I was going to make a "pre-purchase" question about this...In future versions can you include a Checkbox to enable/disable the buffet low speed/high speed buffet effects completely?* Just looking at the GUI online, I don't see how to disable that particular effect without having to just disable Accu-Feel altogether.

*(Since there are some planes that already have the stall buffet included (Accusim planes, Real Air Duke, Milviz t-38 etc), I don't want to push the slider all the way to the right (25°), I would rather just disable it completely. Otherwise I can already see a deep stall leading to a "double buffet", the first onset when the plane approaches its built-in stall, the second when it passes 25° AoA, and that wouldn't be a desirable effect.)
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Just move the slider all the way right, and it does disable it completely (when the code sees it all the way right, it bypasses the section). We will be replacing the 25 with the word "OFF" in the next version.
A2A Simulations Inc.

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Scott - A2A wrote:Just move the slider all the way right, and it does disable it completely (when the code sees it all the way right, it bypasses the section). We will be replacing the 25 with the word "OFF" in the next version.
Excelenté! Thanks
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

Kwacker
Airman Basic

Re: Accu-feel with Accu-Sim - settings? [OK]

Post by Kwacker »

Thanks Scott,

Just to be clear on your guidance: for the Accu-Sim Spit we should keep Stall AoA, Vne (mach, & IAS) fully right to disable them and avoid messing up the Spit's Accu-Sim flying characteristics - correct?

Wind Volume, Prop Volume and Drag Rumble are fully left by default and so are also presumably disabled. They can stay disabled as the Accu-Sim Spit has these effects - correct?

Cabin Integrity and Shock Absorption can be played with. By default these are fully right and presumably disabled. I think the Accu-Sim Spit has these effects already - correct? If we enable what happens? Does the Accu-Feel physics / effect replace the Accu-Sim equivalent or do both overlay?

Same question on Brake Squeal, I think the Accu-Sim Spit has this - what happens if we enable it?

Tire Screech does not exist on the Accu-Sim Spit and should be turned on at whatever level we enjoy most!

Sorry for the multiple questions - hopefully the answers are straight forward.

Simon.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Yes, to keep it simple, just hit DEFAULT if you messed with the sliders. Then:

- Turn the aircraft ON at lower left
- Move Shock Absorption to the left (adds ground physics)
- You can play with Cabin Integrity, as this will add more rattles, but not necessary. It's up to you
- Move Brake Squeal to the right

Regardless, you won't break anything no matter what you decide to move.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Kwacker
Airman Basic

Post by Kwacker »

Thanks Scott, that sets it up nicely.

Simon.

Erlk0enig
A2A Mechanic

Post by Erlk0enig »

Thanks, Scott for the advice, it works well for the Spit. However, I tried to add the Accu-feel Tire-squeaks also to my P-40, but this setting is not saved persistantly for this aircraft. Every time I switch the Aircraft back to the P-40, or if I restart, the Accu-feel settings for the P-40 are reset and off; with the Spit, everything is fine.

No big deal, just wanted to have the nice Tire-sqeaks to the P-40, but it flies also well without them ;-)

BR,
E.
Best Regards,
Ralf

R9 7900 X, 64 GB DDR5, RTX4090, HP Reverb G2

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

It's saving here on the P-40. Do you have the aircraft ON in Accu-Feel? Also, do you see a DOCUMENTS / A2A / FSX / Feel / P40b folder?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Erlk0enig
A2A Mechanic

Post by Erlk0enig »

Yes and yes. But it only saves the status if I change the aircraft "in game"; if I go back to the main FSX menu or restart FSX, the P-40 settings are reset. Spit and all others are fine.
Best Regards,
Ralf

R9 7900 X, 64 GB DDR5, RTX4090, HP Reverb G2

t3c3
Airman Basic

Post by t3c3 »

I notice that when the Vne (mach) setting is turned up to 3.2, accu-feel does not bypass this stat and does not treat the setting as as "off". I'm having issues with my x-15 add-on as this aircraft easily exceeds mach 3.2.

The accu-feel system makes this plane 100% more fun to fly (with tire screech, shock absorption, cabin integrity, ect.) but the feature is entirely unusable when one exceeds mach 3.2 as the plane is thrown into a frantic spin.

Please fix this issue in the next update.

Thanks,
Tim

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Tim,

Can you please post this in the development forum so we can look into it. For now can you just turn the vne section to 0?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”