Which Classic aircraft should A2A make?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.

What classic aircraft should A2A add to their wings of silver/power hangar???

Poll ended at 11 Mar 2011, 11:31

Spartan Executive
29%
Boeing 317 Stratoliner
16%
Beech Staggerwing
13%
Grumman F8F Bearcat
42%

Total votes: 38

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Which Classic aircraft should A2A make?

Post by pjc747 »

Should it be the beautiful, graceful, elegant and suave Spartan Executive? The unsung pressurized hero, the Boeing 317 who's sister was the B-17 Flying Fortress? Maybe the curvy, fussy fabric and wood stunner, the Beechcraft 17 'Staggerwing'. Or the big brute, the jaw-dropping, sky shakin', Jap (Japanese) breakin' Grumman F8F Bearcat, who's anger never released?? These radial engined aircraft are all unique, fun, and grab a crowd. Which should A2A create and give an Accusim pack?

* Ends March 11th, 2011.
Last edited by pjc747 on 19 Feb 2011, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Re: Which Classic aircraft should A2A make?

Post by bullfox »

A bearcat with a tail hook and a carrier to land it on would be a real hoot!
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Chad Graves
Senior Airman
Location: About a mile from KUDD. With the All American Canal to my back.

Post by Chad Graves »

Wait wheres the option for All Of Them.

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

You know I think A2ASimulations has to have airworthy surviving examples of these aircraft in order to have an accusim version of it.Also they have to be able to get a flight on them as well otherwise all they can do is make them for their Aircraft Factory line (for FSX).
The Boeing Stratoliner is now just a static display.Doubt the Smithsonian would fly her again just for making an add on however one could argue that it could be used to preserve its flight characteristics which would be a good idea but doubt it would happen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_307#Survivors
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Yeah, that's a shame. The only other one is Howard Hughes's former one, converted into a houseboat. Most people don't know what it is either. However there are still a good number of both Spartan and Staggerwings flying, and Spartan owners are all friendly, and love showing off their planes (they kinda have to). There are a couple airworth Bearcats as well.

R4360
Airman
Location: Greenwich, Greater London, United Kingdoms of Great Britain and North Ireland.

Post by R4360 »

Love it I would for a Spartan to be made. What a wonderful aircraft. I beleive it would sell almost as well as Earl Grey tea here in the ol' U.K.

polluxware
Staff Sergeant

Post by polluxware »

this is really official?

if it is....

:cry:

they low, slow, and ugly

sorry to say that...

what about the V35 bonanza or simple cessna 182rg with ifr instruments?

or anything else

polluxware
Staff Sergeant

Post by polluxware »

a)DC-4 with some ifr retrofit instruments (vor,adf)
b)P-38 lightning with two allison engine + GE turbo
c)early beech bonanza or cessna with retrofit vor/adf

:roll:

polluxware
Staff Sergeant

Post by polluxware »

spartan executive with retrofit vor/adf avionics :mrgreen:

R4360
Airman
Location: Greenwich, Greater London, United Kingdoms of Great Britain and North Ireland.

Post by R4360 »

The Spartan shouldn't be created with such modern instrumentation. It should be a classic aircraft, like the warbirds, but at the same time, plush, suave, a good place to drink tea, and a beautfiul radial engined aircraft.

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

none of the above, well, for me anyway.
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Threads like this are boring and redundant ...

While I'm sure A2A give some recognition to what they think their client base wants, ultimately, A2A is going to set up and make its own path, creating and delivering aircraft that they want ...

:roll:
Snuffy

KaptajnKjuk
Airman First Class

Post by KaptajnKjuk »

Frankly, I'm with jcblom on this one. None of those aircraft would be interesting for me; just like I haven't got much interest in the 377 to be honest.

What would do it for me is an accurate DC-3 and / or C-47. MAAM still is pretty good actually! And with the sounds nicked of the B-17, it sounds quite nice aswell. But it really does show its age with nothing in the VC being clickable and it's a bit of a DIY fix-up, getting the plane to work properly in FSX.

Another plane I'm on the lookout for is the Chipmunk. There's a freeware one right now but it's the same story as the DC3, just much worse.. And it really dosn't fly that well; the rudder is so effective it can make crab angles of around 45°.. :roll:

But being an A2A customer really spoils you! :lol: No other developer can really cut it anylonger.. 'cept maybe PMDG.

I'll just wait and see what A2A will be doing. I'm probably buying the Mustang, but not so with the Mk.V (I have got and piad for "plenty" Spitfire allready?). So it's really up to their marketing office to make the right decisions! :twisted:

/Lasse

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

Maybe it would be easier to just throw money at A2A and see what grows. Regardless of what they make, for many of us, we're going to do that anyway :mrgreen:
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Beautiful Spartan..???

I think they just stuck a Volkswagen engine on the front of an old buick and tacked some wings on... That has got to be one of the ugliest aircraft ever.... :shock:

Sorry...that's how I feel about her....

Darryl

Oh, and yes, these threads are like most of my women..common, a bit of fun but in the end, redundant.... :lol:
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”