Piper Cub with Accusim wins AVSIM Gold Star Award!

Born to fly
new reply

culpeper
Airman

Re: Piper Cub with Accusim wins AVSIM Gold Star Award!

Post by culpeper »

super cool!

Super Cub?

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

culpeper wrote:Super Cub?
It is to those of us who own it. :lol:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Wonderful stuff 8)

You know its right when the only thing that can complain about is the proportion of a passengers face 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Somethingfake
Senior Airman

Post by Somethingfake »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Wonderful stuff 8)

You know its right when the only thing that can complain about is the proportion of a passengers face 8)

Will that get a tweak?
Image Image Image

Aztec73
Airman

Post by Aztec73 »

Hi Scott
Congratulations for the Gold star. The Piper J3 your crew have developed is very deserving of this Honor. When it first was released I was most positive that this creation would come to be the best Plane addon that was ever released.
I flew the J3 in the early 50's, I am now somewhat older but the thrill of hand cranking the Cub again was worth the price of admission. This is not just a congratulations it is a thank you as well for a job well done.
In one of your answers to my emails you hinted for me to be on the lookout for the Supercub, is there a possibility of this happening? If so when can I send you the Money...Bill

beatdrum
Airman Basic

Post by beatdrum »

Lewis - A2A wrote:You know its right when the only thing that can complain about is the proportion of a passengers face 8)
Exactly! I find it hard to believe that was even on the list of "dislikes." "Go back to art school...." that's rather harsh. For a first-attempt at adding real passenger AI ever by any add-on or aircraft (I would not include FSPassengers because you do not get to view them), Heidi is very well done.

Heidi is certainly fun, but the jewel of this plane is the realistic handling and flight model.
Squawk and maintain VFR, frequency change approved!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

hehe the really funny is I'm a member of the team and have 4 years Art School and a Degree on my CV :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

I actually thought A2A Heidi looks better than Avsim-modified Heidi. Avsim Heidi looks like she got here straight from the uncanny valley.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

ftrusky
Senior Airman

Post by ftrusky »

Soooo......... I've been spending a lot of time flying the east coast of Norway of late. I take off alone a little before dusk out of ENBR on my way north to ENFL in the standard J-3. Keeping altitude between 1500 and 2000 feet and speed around 50 knots. About an hour into the flight I decide to put (calm) Heidi in the front seat, when I hit SHF-4 to load her she pops into the seat and the nose of the plane droops. I know that's what should happen if in real life but I still wasn't expecting it to happen as it should for some reason. I also wasn't expecting it a few minutes later when Heidi blurts out "Where's the bathroom?" and I choaked on my laugh. I finally nailed my first 3 point landing with no bounce and Heidi tells me what an excellent pilot I am. Fortunately, she didn't comment on my sloppy taxiing off the runway and to the ramp. What a gal!
Frank

Rig #1: I7 4770 @ 4.3,16GB @ 2133, Nv GTX780, 1TB Sansung SSD, 40" Sony KDL 40EX500,CH Prod, Bose Comp. 5, W7 64
Rig #2: I7 2700 @ 4.6, 8GB @ 1866, Nv GTX580, C=256GB SSD, E&F=2 X 600 V-raps, 30" Dell, CH Prod, Bose Comp. 5, W7 64

beatdrum
Airman Basic

Post by beatdrum »

I've been flying the Cub for about 50 hours, and Heidi still spouts out messages I have not yet heard! Just keeps me on my toes, and sometimes I just have to laugh out loud!

One thing I really love is the fact she actually reacts to the circumstances outside (or inside) the airplane. For instance, if the temperature in the cockpit is hot, she will make a remark to that effect. When you open a window, she will thank you! (better yet, open the door!) When the weather is bad she tends to say "Are we allowed to fly in this?"
Squawk and maintain VFR, frequency change approved!

caaront
Airman First Class

Post by caaront »

"Did you know I was a girl scout?"

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”