How to use the Cub with FSP X? It's got no parking brake..

Born to fly
new reply
Zorg12
Senior Airman

How to use the Cub with FSP X? It's got no parking brake..

Post by Zorg12 »

I just discovered that I can't use Fspassengers X with the Cub because FSP X require the parking brake to be set to setup a flight.

I need to make more money for my little bush air taxi company with my new Cub... :)

Does anyone have an idea? I already posted at FSP X's forum, no answer there yet...

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Re: How to use the Cub with FSP X? It's got no parking brake..

Post by Jigsaw »

The keyboard shortcut (CTRL + . )for the parking brake still works fine and you can start an FS Passenger flight without problems. The problem is that the Cub uses the payload model of the default Cub and that it noses over and crashes as soon as the FSPX passenger is on board. I think some tweaking of the payload model is in order (center of gravity).
Happy Landings
- Patrick

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

Zorg12,

I know there isn't a "Parking Brake" switch...... but have you tried the keyboard command "Ctrl - ." (Control - Period) ? If you look in the Piper's Aircraft.cfg file it shows "Parking Brake = 1" so it should hold and FSP X I think will recognize it.

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

Edit: Jigsaw............. looks like I'm slower on the draw then you. (smile)
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

Zorg12
Senior Airman

Post by Zorg12 »

Thanks a lot for your answers guys.

I only tried the button on my joystick that is assigned to the parking brake - It didn't work. I'll try CTRL + period.

Yeah, I guess we will wait for a payload model then. I'll keep an eye out on the download section of the FSP X website.

Tart
Airman

Post by Tart »

About payload....
When you star loading passengers, Click on "Flight & aircraft settings" and in "Disable payload weight and fuel update" select "weight and fuel disabled". This will mean that fuel and weight load will be read from whatever you set up with accusim, and not default FSP X payload model. So you center of gravity and other parameters will be correct.

As is was mentioned above default parking breaks work fine.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

That's a good advice. Thanks.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

dmrich28
Airman Basic

Post by dmrich28 »

that fix works fine preventing the tip over..but how do you avoid the setting flaps penalty on landing, when the Cub has none?

Dave

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Dave,

as much as I know is the flap panelty only active when your plane even HAS flaps... but if I'm wrong go to your FSP-Folder (...Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flightsimulator X/FSPassengers).

In the Folder "Config" you'll find the file "more_option.cfg". Open it with word pad or editor and look for the line "disable flaps panelty = 0" and reset the 0 with an 1. you can do some options there, but think of not to do too much, as you will "cheat" on FSP ^^

But i agree, this flap panelty is quite annoing, when you fly small airplanes, as you normally don't even need flaps on take off with a cessna or money... or dc-3 etc...

and on your flight report you will have the note "1 panelty disabled" if you want to upload it to any virtual airline ^^ but, it's a .doc-document :wink:

Greets
Marc

dmrich28
Airman Basic

Post by dmrich28 »

thanks Marc, I'll give that a shot.

Dave

Zorg12
Senior Airman

Post by Zorg12 »

Great advice regarding payload model. Thanks.

You can also disable flap penalty in FSP X options when you are in 3d in FSX (you can also disable light penalty).

dmrich28
Airman Basic

Post by dmrich28 »

thanks to all for the help with the flap issue, just made my 1st flight..(seemed to go forever) :)

p.s. forgot about damn turbulence or could have been better..oh well..thanks again

Dave

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”