Can't Load the Cub! [resolved]

Born to fly
harryrupert
Airman

Re: Can't Load the Cub!

Post by harryrupert »

Yes Lewis, I installed as administrator, and no I do not at present!
I have deleted the accusim file at the moment if that makes any difference.
Hope this helps.

Harry
Harryrupert - France

Vista 64 Thermaltake Armour with 1000w Enermax Galaxy Asus Maximus Extreme QX9650 @ 3.8 GHz
4GB OCZ XTC DD3 @ 1333Mhz BFG 8800 Ultra (1) 150GB Raptor (1) 500GB Seagate

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I have been emailing Harry on this issue. We are going to move this to phone support right now to see what this issue is.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

harryrupert
Airman

Post by harryrupert »

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to say that its a sound issue based on a replacement motherboard. However Scott has shown me how to disable the sound .dll so at least I have been able to fly and I must say this aircraft is amazing totally amazing. I can't wait to solve the problem and have the sounds as well.

Thanks for all your input.

Harry :)
Harryrupert - France

Vista 64 Thermaltake Armour with 1000w Enermax Galaxy Asus Maximus Extreme QX9650 @ 3.8 GHz

harryrupert
Airman

Post by harryrupert »

I have just run a driver cleaner to remove all the soundmax drivers etc... and set the A2A sound dll to default again but I'm back to square one with the Piper locking up FSX as soon as I try to load it. So back to the drawing board.

Harry :(
Harryrupert - France

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

As Mike once posted:
some1 - A2A wrote:Can you run this little program: http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/ ... Viewer.zip, select File->save info and paste the results here?

Mine for example looks like this:

Code: Select all

------------------
System Information
------------------
                  Report Time: 2009/3/29 23:0:17
                           OS: Windows Vista Business Edition, 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)
                         BIOS: 022008 - 20080220
                    Processor: ~3500MHz Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz
                       Memory: 4 GB
    Default Audio Device Name: Speakers (ASUS Xonar DX Audio Device)
       Audio Driver Vendor ID: PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_82751043&REV_00
         ALCapsViewer Version: 1.0.2.0

-----------------
OpenAL Components
-----------------
Name            Path                    Version        
OpenAL32.dll    C:\Windows\system32\    6.14.357.23    
Cm_Oal.dll      C:\Windows\system32\    1.0.0.1        
wrap_oal.dll    C:\Windows\system32\    2.2.0.5        

--------------
OpenAL Devices
--------------
                   Name: ASUS Xonar DX Audio Device
          Sample Offset: Yes
  Linear Distance Model: Yes
Exponent Distance Model: Yes
                Capture: Yes
            Enumeration: Yes
                EAX 2.0: Yes
                EAX 3.0: No
                EAX 4.0: No
                EAX 5.0: Yes
                  X-RAM: No
          Enumerate All: Yes
                EFX 1.0: Yes

Name: Generic Hardware
                EAX 5.0: Yes

Name: Generic Software
                EAX 5.0: No
ImageImage
ImageImage

harryrupert
Airman

Post by harryrupert »

Hello CodyValkyrie,

Thanks for your help so far, I must be having a bad day........ I retreived the application. extracted the file, ran it however apart from the mouse visual spinning for 5 seconds... nothing happened? I tried it both ways. downloading and saving to my hard/ and running it straight away. I did a search on the net but couldn't find it to check the file size. There are 2 app 1 x 32 bit(404kb) the other 64 bit(599kb) i tried to run both with no sucess... sorry about this can't think why it won't run!

Harry
Harryrupert - France

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Ok, try disabling all sounds on your system (via your audio panel, if possible, or at least set it to a mic or something). Try running it then. If that STILL does not work, not all is lost. I had a very similar problem, with the same symptoms and fixed it. First, we need to get this program running, which will tell us which drivers are trying to load. Let's do this first, and move on from there.

I'm fairly confident that there is an old driver (.dll) in your system 32 folder that is conflicting with your new audio. Once we find which one it is, once removed all should be fine.

PLEASE THOUGH, do not go around removing files! Lets be bullet accurate, so your computer stays stable!
ImageImage
ImageImage

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Ahh, last thing. I need what your sound card you are using is, and any other pertinent information you can think of.

For example:
RealTek HD

This will help me determine the problem.
ImageImage
ImageImage

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Ok, ignore what I asked....

I looked further into what your motherboard was. The P5QC uses RealTek HD technology, just like mine. This is good for us troubleshooting.

Do a look in your windows/system32 folder for a file named "ADI_OAL.dll". If you find it, delete it (or move it to a backup location). When you have done this, if the file is there, go to your SysWOW64 folder and do the same. Find it, remove it. You might need to have system files visible in order to do this.

Give the program a shot after that, and if it comes up, try FSX and see if it fixes your problem.

If this fixes it, I think I can explain. When I changed my mobo, remnants of the old audio drivers were still in these folders. Even a driver cleaner didn't clear them. They were conflicting with the audio system that A2A is using (as well as other addons), and it was crashing the game. Even the download I showed you wasn't working for me. Upon finding this file, everything cleared up like there was NO issue.

If you cannot find this file, lets get that program running so we can determine which file it is. You are in good hands buddy.
ImageImage
ImageImage

harryrupert
Airman

Post by harryrupert »

Thanks CodyV, I'll get on this straightaway and report back, thanks for your help, Idon't know where I would be otherwise!

Harry :)
Harryrupert - France

harryrupert
Airman

Post by harryrupert »

Hi CodtV, I found the adi_oal.dll in both locations and removed them! hooray have now run alcapsviewer and here's the report:

Harry

Sorry I try and re do the att?
Harryrupert - France

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

There should be no need to run the application since we likely found the culprit. Just run FSX and let us know back if the Cub runs fine.... However, I suspect, you are fixed. Don't worry about the bug report unless you run into further problems.
ImageImage
ImageImage

harryrupert
Airman

Post by harryrupert »

Hello CodyV,

Attachment again: I keep getting a "sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached" ?

Harry
Harryrupert - France

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Yeah, don't worry about attaching it for now. Attachments are disabled for the time being due to some problems with the forum shortly before the release of the Cub. You could always copy and paste the information in it, but as I said, I suspect you are fine now. Try running FSX and the Cub and please report back. Sorry to have you go through all this nonsense. The good part is, I am fairly confident this fixed the issue, and anyone coming behind us will have learned how to fix it.

I banged my ahead against a wall for a week on the beta trying to figure this out before the P-47 got released. Mike was a big help in this regard. As I said, the problem was introduced by a second set of .dll's that were installed with my original mother board.

Morale of the story, formats are the safest way to avoid conflicts when switching motherboards.... however, I am running an unformatted MB, and have done so for many months.
ImageImage
ImageImage

harryrupert
Airman

Post by harryrupert »

Wow CodyV,

Thank you very much, its loaded absolutely as advertised! Fantastique! as we say here in France. I am really grateful for your help.
I owe you a beer or two!

Best regards,

Harry :D

ps. I see from your profile that you like the 377! well thats my next A2A aircraft (hope I don't have to bother you with that one) :lol:
Harryrupert - France

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”