Cub is in beta

Born to fly
Markoz
Senior Airman

Re: Cub is in beta

Post by Markoz »

1SgtMajor wrote:(You think I'm kidding don't you...........)
Not for one second! Aren't we just like a bunch of excited school boys! I think I'm beginning to understand why my wife refers to me as her fourth child! And to think I became a grandfather only two weeks ago!

Oh well. We just have wait no matter how hard it is. But you are so right in saying "Racing to the computer in the morning is almost like racing to see what's under the Christmas tree and if "Santa" has arrived."

I really do hate this waiting.
Intel Core i7 3770K | 16GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX470 | 24" LCD Monitor | 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 2TB HDD | Windows 7 Profession 64 bit & Window 8 64 bit

ImageImageImage

flyingfarmer
Airman

Post by flyingfarmer »

Markoz wrote:I really do hate this waiting.
Imagine: One day, you browse the web, find a new addon and buy it. Also if it's a good one, you will never be as happy to have it, as if you waited for it days, weeks and month.

(Should sound intelligent, but in the end, i also hate waiting :wink: )

Markoz
Senior Airman

Post by Markoz »

I'm thinking that Scott is keeping a close eye on the Piper Cub forum and that he is actually enjoying watching us drool and burst with excitement. He's going to make us sweat it out while we wait for just a little bit longer! :P
Intel Core i7 3770K | 16GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX470 | 24" LCD Monitor | 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 2TB HDD | Windows 7 Profession 64 bit & Window 8 64 bit

ImageImageImage

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

And here I thought it was just me, about to turn 50 and completely beside myself anticipating this release.

I thought I was losing my mind.

But now I understand that I'm losing my mind... with a lot of good company. That's some kind of consolation.

Now, back to obsessively checking all the flightsim sites...
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Timber
Airman

Post by Timber »

In the tower at Rabaul PNG:
Frank, Yes boss, grab some binocs and head up to the tower, I think Smitty has had to much coffee. He's dancing around like a Loon in heat. Use the very pistol, green flares, if you see that J-3. Hope the natives didn't shoot it down.
Cheers,
Timber

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

Whew........ sorry......... just came to. I guess that last go round I was just pounding my head a little too hard on the wall......... got a headache now but I'll take something for that maybe...... (smile)

Don't worry Alan.......... you're in good company here. Heck..... I'll be midway through my 50's in just a couple of months but no worries...... Scott has found a way to make me young again.

I'm just anxious for the Cub I suppose because if I was actually purchasing an aircraft for real then a Cub would be something I would truly consider........ semi-affordable at least more so for me than a 747, a war bird, private jet etc., but even if money was no object..... I always enjoyed just going for a little spin on a clear day and enjoying the solitude. That's probably one reason why I never got my private ticket............. too busy sightseeing while I was out by myself. (smile) Actually there was more to it than that...... but the times I did go out alone in a Cessna 152 or 150 are times I've always cherished and even then thought how nice it would be to have a Piper Cub......... or even a Taylor Craft if you could find one.

Cheers,
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

1SgtMajor wrote:Whew........ sorry......... just came to. I guess that last go round I was just pounding my head a little too hard on the wall......... got a headache now but I'll take something for that maybe...... (smile)

Don't worry Alan.......... you're in good company here. Heck..... I'll be midway through my 50's in just a couple of months but no worries...... Scott has found a way to make me young again.

I'm just anxious for the Cub I suppose because if I was actually purchasing an aircraft for real then a Cub would be something I would truly consider........ semi-affordable at least more so for me than a 747, a war bird, private jet etc., but even if money was no object..... I always enjoyed just going for a little spin on a clear day and enjoying the solitude. That's probably one reason why I never got my private ticket............. too busy sightseeing while I was out by myself. (smile) Actually there was more to it than that...... but the times I did go out alone in a Cessna 152 or 150 are times I've always cherished and even then thought how nice it would be to have a Piper Cub......... or even a Taylor Craft if you could find one.

Cheers,
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)
That makes complete sense. A big part of my FSX fantasy life is that I'm flying something I could actually own - which was always a pretty narrow set and in the past couple of years has gotten narrower. Add to that the fact that the Cub is a slow, (relatively) quiet, almost contemplative airplane compared to some of the alternatives, and it turns out to be exactly what I need.

I remember going on flights with friends in the NYC area when I was thinking of going for a private ticket. We flew in Archers and such. I found it to be pretty claustrophobic and nerve-racking (jammed in an enclosed cabin, traffic all over, ATC yakking constantly) - not a relaxation, for me at least. Now, if I'd know about Cubs, I might have pursued my ticket in one - much more my kind of experience. Almost like sailing as opposed to power boating.

So that's the kind of experience I'm trying to get out of the A2A Cub. Therefore my insane eagerness...

Xflyboy
Airman First Class

Post by Xflyboy »

Has anyone else noticed that the screenshots of the stars & stripes floats only have a single water rudder on the right side!
Maybe this is why were waiting, the mechanic has to rig the other one!

:D :D :D

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Markoz wrote:I'm thinking that Scott is keeping a close eye on the Piper Cub forum and that he is actually enjoying watching us drool and burst with excitement.
Hehe, I'm sure he is. :D
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Xflyboy wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the screenshots of the stars & stripes floats only have a single water rudder on the right side!

I think there are some J-3 float variants that just have the single water rudder - like a canoe.

They must be working on something else... like cleaning the birds' nests out of the cowling...

Xflyboy
Airman First Class

Post by Xflyboy »

lalalalalala...... I'm ready now! :)

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Alan_A wrote:
Xflyboy wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the screenshots of the stars & stripes floats only have a single water rudder on the right side!

I think there are some J-3 float variants that just have the single water rudder - like a canoe.
Actually it's the other way round :lol: The stock Cub had only one water rudder but there were kits available to fit a second rudder.

Oskar

Aztec73
Airman

Post by Aztec73 »

Well kids, seeing as I turn 75 in a couple of weeks, It doesn't get any easier it seems. The only thing I am worried about is, will I be around long enough to get to fly it. Come on Scott have a heart. I only use Paypal so when I do get to order it it is going to take another ten Days before it clears??? What is with that?
Some outfits send it immediately others wait for it to clear, I am not sure what the difference is, but we will see I suppose.

Young Bull says to the old Bull
Let's run down and try on a Jersey
Old Bull says
Lets walk down and try em all!

So I suppose I have to walk..Oh me

Xflyboy
Airman First Class

Post by Xflyboy »

Thanks for educating me about the rudders Oskar!
I still want it now... lol

Ty89m
Airman

Post by Ty89m »

and still nothing.... figured for sure I'd be hand starting a cub tonight :( like the rest of you I can hardly stand the wait!! Hoping for good news tomorrow, and if not tomorrow at least tell us what's holding you up :)

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”