Slender Tender & Tall

Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
new reply
dave.q2

Slender Tender & Tall

Post by dave.q2 »

Here's my take on Tom Blair's 'Slender, Tender & Tall'. I'll post as soon as I can but my daughter and family are down this weekend so it may be a day or so. I'll also post the original version, flown by Lt. Col. Bill Halton from Bodney from April-November 1945 at the same time as well as this very primitive 'modern' panel with GPS and autopilot.

Let me know what you think guys.

DaveQ

GlennC
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Slender Tender & Tall

Post by GlennC »

Dave,

Very interesting panel. I'll be looking for it.

Glenn

letsgetrowdy
Senior Airman

Post by letsgetrowdy »

That's a great panel. IHave you found any way of getting rid of the gunsight?

mattskinner
Airman First Class

Post by mattskinner »

Excellant repaint as well as Cockpit mods!!! Im curious, did you use FS Panel Studio to mod the cockpit? I have FSPS and want to add a GPS and Radio stack to "modernize" it. Were you able to mod the VC? or is that a pic of the 2D cockpit panel?

Matt
Windows 7 . FSX Deluxe w/Accelaration . REX2 . UTX . GEXe
TrackIR 4 Pro . Logitech Extreme 3D Pro . 22" LG Flatron 2ms
Homebuilt PC with all sorts of goodies.

dave.q2

Post by dave.q2 »

letsgetrowdy wrote:That's a great panel. IHave you found any way of getting rid of the gunsight?
No I haven't. That's why I say it's fairly primitive.
mattskinner wrote:Excellant repaint as well as Cockpit mods!!! Im curious, did you use FS Panel Studio to mod the cockpit? I have FSPS and want to add a GPS and Radio stack to "modernize" it. Were you able to mod the VC? or is that a pic of the 2D cockpit panel?

Matt
It was done by playing with the vector numbers in the vc panel. And yes it is the vc, not the 2D panel. Hopefully it will be available tomorrow.

DaveQ

mattskinner
Airman First Class

Post by mattskinner »

It was done by playing with the vector numbers in the vc panel. And yes it is the vc, not the 2D panel. Hopefully it will be available tomorrow.
DaveQ
Ahhh...I see. I have messed around with the vector numbers in the past and it can be a time consuming process. Very well done and I cant wait to steal it from ya! :lol: Just kidden...or not! haha.

mattskinner
Airman First Class

Post by mattskinner »

Dave!

Thanks for uploading your repaint and modern VC. Both are Excellant!!!!
Matt

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

very nice indeed!
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

GlennC
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by GlennC »

Dave,

Found it at SOH last night. The "new" one is probably the best looking Mustang paint I've seen yet - and that says something given the quality we've seen for this pony. I do like the new panel. I do have a suggestion. There needs to be a transponder. That probably means dropping the autopilot. I have some add on stuff I'm going to play with for myself. You have given me a great starting point.

Many thanks,

Glenn

mattskinner
Airman First Class

Post by mattskinner »

Dave,
Wanted to share this with you if you haven't already watched it. Check out the video I made inside the cockpit of the P-51D Miss America. Should give you some ideas on a totally modernized cockpit. Be sure to go down till you see the "video box". The first post I made has links to my youtube vids, but those are not what Im referring too. Although its nice coverage too. :)

Matt
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 60&t=16158

letsgetrowdy
Senior Airman

Post by letsgetrowdy »

Matt, if you want a video box to appear in this forum, type out... [youtube] paste the link here [/youtube]
regards

dave.q2

Post by dave.q2 »

mattskinner wrote:Dave,
Wanted to share this with you if you haven't already watched it. Check out the video I made inside the cockpit of the P-51D Miss America. Should give you some ideas on a totally modernized cockpit. Be sure to go down till you see the "video box". The first post I made has links to my youtube vids, but those are not what Im referring too. Although its nice coverage too. :)

Matt
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 60&t=16158
Many thanks for this Matt. I've watched this and the problem is that the gunsight and the compass setting knob are both in the model and can't be removed. I could probably make the cockpit aluminium, as per the video (and my own photos) and possibly add the nav/transponder panel from the Acceleration Mustang (plus other bits from there). I may have some time next week for a play.

I'm working on this lo-viz fictional repaint with the 'new' panel. Totally bananas but what the hell!

DaveQ

letsgetrowdy
Senior Airman

Post by letsgetrowdy »

Perhaps A2A could edit out the gunsight for us???? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I once tried editing the Model.cfg file to achieve this, but with rather disasterous results... :oops:

mattskinner
Airman First Class

Post by mattskinner »

letsgetrowdy wrote:Matt, if you want a video box to appear in this forum, type out... [youtube] paste the link here [/youtube]
regards
Thanks for the tip! I was wondering how to do that. :)

mattskinner
Airman First Class

Post by mattskinner »

dave.q2 wrote:Many thanks for this Matt. I've watched this and the problem is that the gunsight and the compass setting knob are both in the model and can't be removed. I could probably make the cockpit aluminium, as per the video (and my own photos) and possibly add the nav/transponder panel from the Acceleration Mustang (plus other bits from there). I may have some time next week for a play.

I'm working on this lo-viz fictional repaint with the 'new' panel. Totally bananas but what the hell!

DaveQ
Dave! Glad you liked the video. The fictional repaint you made is simply SWEET! I must have it! hehehe :)

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”