My first payware, need help

It's big, powerful, and fast.
new reply
Ben6745
Airman

My first payware, need help

Post by Ben6745 »

I don't know if this is the right forum, but here it goes...

I just bought this: http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/p47/ It's not the Solo, it's the full P-47 pack. Can someone tell me if this is Wings of Power II, III, etc?

I downloaded the .zip files and I now have files named "p47" and "fw_In". I would like to know exactly how to install it all. I don't want to mess anything up because it will be a few weeks before the CD comes in the mail. By the way, I have FS2004.

Thanks, Ben

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: My first payware, need help

Post by Lewis - A2A »

That is the old original Wings of Power I version.

The download should come with a manual in .pdf format. This should sort you out pretty well. I must admit I am not 100% familiar with the older products anymore but ill just PM Scott to make him aware of this thread.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ben6745
Airman

Post by Ben6745 »

I got it installed, and I have to say it's pretty amazing. The only problem is the realism settings. I have it set on hard, and to detect crashes. I've watched youtube videos of the A2A P-47 and you had to do exactly what you would do in real life to get it started. All I did was click the starter switch and the mixture set itself to rich, and the engine fired right up. Is there something I'm missing?

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

I fear that those movies were for the Wings of Power III version, for FSX, with accusim. There, you can follow the entire procedure if you want to. I don't think it works for the earlier versions. But, on the plus side, you have a bubbletop, which we don't have in FSX...
I did a whole bunch of repaints for this one, you'll be able to find most of them on sim-outhouse, as avsim is still down...
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Ben6745
Airman

Post by Ben6745 »

jcblom wrote:I fear that those movies were for the Wings of Power III version, for FSX, with accusim. There, you can follow the entire procedure if you want to. I don't think it works for the earlier versions.
I just realized that :( That's ok, this one is still great fun. If I could make FSX work I would buy the Accusim version.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I'm not sure but I think fw_ln is shorthand for the Focke-Wulf 190D "long nose." Maybe you downloaded the wrong update patch?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Ben6745
Airman

Post by Ben6745 »

I clicked fw_In and it's a demonstration movie of the 190 long nose. It came with the P47 when I downloaded it though...

What is the latest update patch for the Wings of Power I P-47?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Ahhh, I forgot about the demo movies. :)

Go here for the pack update:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... =18&t=3722
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Ben6745
Airman

Post by Ben6745 »

Thanks for you help. Can anyone recommend another aircraft from A2A that will work for FS2004? These add-ons are great. I can't make FSX work for some reason...

Also, I heard you could remove rockets/drop tanks and adjust payloads for realism via an in game icon. I don't see an icon, how is it done?

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

There are two boxed bundles for FS2004:

WWII fighters: http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/wwiifighters/

and:
WWII bombers & jets: http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/wop_retail/

Also there are several download products:
http://a2asimulations.com/FS2004.html

Keep in mind that some of them are included in boxed bundles (B-17 and 'SOLO' fighters) and bundles have better value for money, you get more airplanes at the same price.
Michael Krawczyk

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

To be able to remove the Thunderbolt's rockets you have to install the update first. Next, look on the 2D cockpit panel (Shift+1) and you'll see a new icon that looks like the rear view of a rocket.

As for changing the payload, the primary way is to do this in the setup menu before you start your flight. You can also bring up the Fuel and Payload window midflight if you hit the ALT key and choose the "Aircraft" option from the top of the screen. From there you can customize the overall weight of the aircraft through several individual variables. You can also affect the weight/balance of the aircraft by releasing your drop tanks (the levers are located at the bottom of the instrument panel and must be clicked twice each to arm and then release). I can't remember for certain if releasing bombs and removing rockets have an affect on your aircraft's weight but I believe that these do not and you must make the necessary weight changes in the Fuel and Payload menu.

A2A Simulations' FS2004 product line.

* Note: Some1 posted while I was composing my reply, but I have some alternate links and info:

My personal recommendation is that you first look for WWII Fighters Special Edition. I hope it is still available through A2A's online store because I think it is otherwise out of print. If you can find this product you'll essentially gain all of the SOLO download aircraft plus the Japanese A6M.

If you prefer multi-engined bombers like the B-17, look for a copy of the first Aircraft Power Pack; this product is essentially a rerelease of Wings of Power: Heavy Bombers & Jets for FS2004 but it also includes the update patches, some additional skins, and the SOLO version of the P-51D Mustang as a bonus. Unfortunately I believe APP is long out of print and you might only be able to get it used or from a reseller like Amazon.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

I like He 219 ;)

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ben6745
Airman

Post by Ben6745 »

Well I ended up getting the FW190A pack. It's great, but they're very hard to keep in a straight line during takeoff. The torque roll is massive :shock:

new reply

Return to “P47 Thunderbolt”